Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FIFA Womens World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude, testing should not be seen as discrimination. I understand your point in a case when one person (due to "her" appearance) is the only one tested but Regs, I believe, is talking about something entirely different here.

I don't view it as discrimination. I do view it as very unfortunate, but a necessary part of trying to establish a level of fairness. The irony is, if you pull of a girl for testing, and you are WRONG, there is a very human side relating to the damage to her reputation.

Again, no winners on this.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
@RL RCD , thanks, that is issue here. It's considered discrimination apparently to make sure the competition is fair?

So why even have a mens and womens separate World Cup in any sport?

@Dude - my point is using discrimination is a stupid way to contest this. Why are WNT playing U16 Boy teams to prepare for a World Cup?

I'm not even sure if we are debating different things as you say you side on fair competition which the whole gender test is in place to ensure?

Regs- we are on the same page....I don't see discrimination here.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hang on... every player is being tested, the only 'outs' would be those who we're in fact men, no?

And while I may grab your nuts during a game, probing is where I draw the line.

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
I didn't think it was a penalty. The keeper makes the save and then collides with the onrushing player. What's the keeper supposed to do after getting a piece of the ball.

A penalty kick is awarded if any of the below ten offences is committed by a player inside his own penalty area, irrespective of the position of the ball, provided it is in play.

• kicks or attempts to kick an opponent
  • trips or attempts to trip an opponent
  • jumps at an opponent
  • charges an opponent
  • strikes or attempts to strike an opponent
  • pushes an opponent
  • tackles an opponent to gain possession of the ball, making contact with the opponent before touching the ball
  • holds an opponent
  • spits at an opponent
  • handles the ball deliberately (except for the goalkeeper within his own penalty area)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hang on... every player is being tested, the only 'outs' would be those who we're in fact men, no?

And while I may grab your nuts during a game, probing is where I draw the line.

Well that I did not know...but I don't know if it changes things, either. I do suppose that it would then be prudent for any transgendered female to retire before said testing takes place, in order to protect reputation.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just watching tonight's Canada vs New Zealand game. There are a lot of fans at that game dressed as empty seats.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canada has one single player standing out right now and the rest are kinda having stinkers, including golden girl Christine.

Tancredi needs to sit full stop.

I need to stop watching these games, it's brutal.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs:

Agreed completely re Tancredi. Coach pulled the wrong player off; she should have been sat at the half. Sinclair is getting very limited service (with the ball, you meatheads) so any chances she's had have been marginal. Q: if Schmidt is supposed to be her striking partner, why is she taking free kicks from midfield? Sesselman - nice to look at, but too many defensive brain farts, too slow moving the ball, and too tentative challenging for it to be playing centre back.

Herdman is about 4 players short of a good team right now. There were too many floaters on the field last night who don't exhibit the work rate and the soccer smarts they need to be successful at this level.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed - Way off.

Its time for Herdman to mix it up after those two performances.

The penetration into the box, lol, has been very lame and the quality of corners and set pieces being on the verge of tragic at this level.
Sophie Schmidt - Find your game Lassie.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would like to see Jesse Fleming inserted into the starting lineup.

c9821880549ebe79c8a92d7136384f49.jpg

From the limited time I've seen of her, she would help greatly in the middle of the park and inject some energy.

Clearly you can't move Buchanan from the back but I think she would be OUTSTANDING as a box-to-box type role in the middle.

Ahem.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I watched a bit of the France vs Colombia game this morning. Oh my are the Colombian women dirty (calm down Freddy).

It takes me back to this:

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Buchanan and Ashley Lawrence are the standouts for me. We just don't have much pace or creativity up top. Totally agree with Tandredi if she is playing it has to be as a target (wo)man. Which with Sinclair in that role she won't be and can't play wing. Also agree with Fleming. We need that youthful energy. Just been awful to watch so far, trying to support Canadians and women and sport but fcuk I'm running out of patience and wondering where my dinner is.

Reds-16

Nov 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not sure what happened in the China New Zealand game, but I thought it was aweful rude of the New Zealand coach not to shake the China coaches hand.

Canada comes out on top of their group but not very convincing. Need to be much better moving forward for sure.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Christine Sinclair.

Invisible Woman.

Is she "past" it or is Herdman's system not suited for her game? (would be hard to believe that he hasn't tailored the system to work around her based on all the hype he throws her way)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0