Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Allstars Fraser Valley All Stars vs Van Whitecaps

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let's not forget that some also decline the assignment. The best keeper in the valley last season (Tim Wagner) declined an invite. Allegedly. Same w/ Roxy.

But, realy...against that line-up, the best you can hope for is to limit the damage, and get a couple of lucky breaks. Sounds like they weren't able to get both, no big deal.

Who scored the FVSL goal?

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks like the 'Caps were out to send a message after last years loss. Their starting 11 included Caig in goal, a backline of Kindel, Klein, Cann, and Morris, a midfield of Valente, Clarke, Nash and Matondo, and Sebrango and Testo up front. I'm sorry, but no allstar team regardless of who was selected faired much if any chance against this group. It was over early....2 goals in 5 minutes, and by the time this group got subbed after 30-35 minutes it was 4 or 5 buzz.

After the 'Caps made some subs to look at some of the other players, the game balanced out a little, and the Valley allstars started to gain some confidence. In fact, IMO, what the rest of the game did show is that 'Caps reserves were marginally better than the allstars.

Some other odds and ends from the game, #12 from the Valley allstars was one of few to show any bite, as he got stuck into a few of the 'Caps, and probably should have been red carded for his two foot tackle.

And #18 from the 'Caps will be getting his pink slip effective immediately as he missed two clear cut breakaway chances.

And #23 and #25 from the 'Caps were at each other during their appearance. Can't we all just get along....

Well done Kenno.....

Gilly

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Drew Jardine scored the lone goal for FVSL.
After reading many posts and knowing (for the most part) how the selection process works I must say "IT IS WHAT IT IS".
Coach opened up the can of worms, so here ya go...
First off: Port Moody and GEU should shut up because their coach didn't respond with a list of players!
However, Poco City sent in their 5 guys and were told that "no Poco players were getting selected" by the Coach.
Again, that is what that is.
DMU had their beat players early in the season, leave the team or not be available for selection.
posted by: Coach
Check out the contact for the Delta Premier Team.
Gary has a team in the Valley and in Vancouver.
He did a great job as always in getting the boys prepared and the players always respond well for him.
I am not personally attacking Gary Moody here, because I respect him as a man and a manager, but he did take his BEST players out of the FVSL and shipped them to Div.1 VMSL. That is a slap in the face to the FVSL, why would you need to bring him back in for the Allstar program? Randy Samuel has done a great job with the young lads at Delta this year, where's his recognition? BTW, we all know Dennis Cronin is the manager for DMU! :rolleyes:
posted by: same coach
Thanks Guinness
As always your opinion means so much to me and the squad.
Cheers Coach, as always it seems you've ignored anyone else's opinion you don't consider important or who may be a threat to your control over your team!
posted by: another coach?:rolleyes:
Special thanks to Red Bull for stepping up and supplying the team with an endless amount of Energy Drink!
Where was the special thanks last year to the company that actually supplied the drinks? :eek: You've again shown your true spirit and ignorance. Well played.:rolleyes:

My piss take here is not a go at any players selected, unlucky last night lads. I simply wanted to demonstrate that the members of the FVSL have a voice and a director on its EXECUTIVE should consider those opinions important (or at least pretend to). ;)

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thank you Gilly you said it perfect.

The message was sent and boy was it recieved.

#12 was Phil Kotter and yes he did show some jam when he went in.

I also thought we played tic for tac with the reserves from the Caps.

Once again i am very proud of our players efforts, the Caps starting lineup played that game at a pace that was simply Scary!!!:eek:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cheers Coach, as always it seems you've ignored anyone else's opinion you don't consider important or who may be a threat to your control over your team!

Quote:
posted by: another coach?
Special thanks to Red Bull for stepping up and supplying the team with an endless amount of Energy Drink!

Where was the special thanks last year to the company that actually supplied the drinks? You've again shown your true spirit and ignorance. Well played.

You know, Coach doesn't need anyone to stick up for him, but Jesus Guinness, know when to shut your yap!

You bitched and moaned last year- at nausea- about Murray Howes being selected. This year, more of the same. Now you're having a run at Gary Moody?

How exactly do you feel you are a threat to Kenny's control over his team? Wow...delusions of grandeur much?

I know that in person you are far from classless, but it's spouting off like this, and taking a run at Hubs' mum in the other thread that may lead some to believe that you are indeed classless. Do you know Hubs? Do you know his mum?

TTP and all that, but smarten up.
:rolleyes:

Rivermouth

Oct 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great effort by the lads last night.

BUT

One practice to get ready against the Pro side is never going to be enough to get the job done, no matter what anyone says to the contrary.

After last year's humiliation, people knew or should have known that the Caps were going to come with guns blazing. Our lads simply weren't prepared: touch was off, passing was poor (at least in the first half of the first half), nerves were shaking, movement to space was lacking and decision making was a moment too slow when compared with last year's effort.

The bottom line is our lads weren't prepared, and it showed...brutally, despite the heart of all of the Valley boys. Next year (if there is one) let's start to get ready for the caps weeks earlier, instead of the day before.

Cheers!

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guinness said:
After listening to 'Up Front' with Reedy and Niall special guest Coach (AKA Kenny Cormack) has selected a team from different generations in hopes they will gel and feed off each other... Sadly, I think something has went terribly wrong during the selection process somewhere down the line... They forgot to mention who the defenders are (probably 0-35 guys), but I've honestly never heard of some of these guys they've picked in the mid and up top... I'm no self proclaimed pro scout, but at least I've played in the league for the past 4 seasons and remember who I'm battling against in the middle each week... Maybe someone can write the names down or Coach can post the entire roster here??? Either way, I was looking forward to seeing this team 'compete' and have a few bevies Tuesday the 28th... Now I don't think this will even be a contest!!!

Disappointed, Guinness

JC:
You really should seriously take a minute to reflect as to why people continually come on here and shake their fcuking head when you yap.

This is how you started off last year and now that the result was different last night you've used that as a way to yap again.
Yes indeed mate, respect is coming your way in abundance.

You've taken a piss-take at you about Beaver Buzz and completley twisted it and have got way too wound up about it.
Vintage logic by Guinness.

Do you know the first thing Kenno mentioned to me last year the following morning?
Was how you were first class in what you did for the program in supplying your swill for the All-stars and the 'Caps.
The 'Caps themselves were very impressed.

Disappointed, to quote you, and unfortunately, not surprised,
RF

Sage

Jan 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
On behalf of the players, I just wanted to say a big Thank You to Kenny Cormack, Gary Moody, Mike Wagner and Larry Warcup for organizing last nights game. It was (once again) run extremely professional, with everything we needed as players to be ready and just play the game. It is times like this that the class of the FVSL executives comes through...Kenny and the coaching staff were also very encouraging and positive throughout the game, even when we were getting our asses handed to us out there :(

As for the game itself, well, I guess it's already been said. Apparently their coach was pissed about last years result, and said so to Kenny before the game. They basically came at us with the team that won them the championship last year. Their touch, movement and pace was different class...myself, Keegan and Zack are three of the fastest guys in our league, but man, I felt like we were standing still against their pace :eek: Now I know what it feels like to be as slow as Guinness :D

But at the end of the day, every guy gave it all they had, and when they put their reserves in, we played well against them.... I don't think they were better than us really. Just goes to show that there is a step up in class even within the Caps themselves.

Looking forward to the VMSL and Island games :)

Tim Berners-Lee

Aug 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guinness said:
Drew Jardine scored the lone goal for FVSL.
After reading many posts and knowing (for the most part) how the selection process works I must say "IT IS WHAT IT IS".
Coach opened up the can of worms, so here ya go...
First off: Port Moody and GEU should shut up because their coach didn't respond with a list of players!
However, Poco City sent in their 5 guys and were told that "no Poco players were getting selected" by the Coach.
Again, that is what that is.
DMU had their beat players early in the season, leave the team or not be available for selection.

I am not personally attacking Gary Moody here, because I respect him as a man and a manager, but he did take his BEST players out of the FVSL and shipped them to Div.1 VMSL. That is a slap in the face to the FVSL, why would you need to bring him back in for the Allstar program? Randy Samuel has done a great job with the young lads at Delta this year, where's his recognition? BTW, we all know Dennis Cronin is the manager for DMU! :rolleyes:

Where was the special thanks last year to the company that actually supplied the drinks? :eek: You've again shown your true spirit and ignorance. Well played.:rolleyes:

My piss take here is not a go at any players selected, unlucky last night lads. I simply wanted to demonstrate that the members of the FVSL have a voice and a director on its EXECUTIVE should consider those opinions important (or at least pretend to). ;)

beep beep, your ride is here

Attachments

• Fleet-SchoolBusSmall.jpg
    Fleet-SchoolBusSmall.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 122

Mumms

Oct 10, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kenny,

Thanks for organizing the game (against the Caps) this year. It seems as though this is a very thankless job. The recognition it brings to the league is tremendous and we should all be thankful for the opportunity. The team that was picked may or may not have been all the best from the Valley but every player on the roster had a good season and are worthy candidates for the team. No worries...

To the players of the All-star team... tough luck and thanks for representing us. Remember, they (caps) get paid to play this game - they should win. Heads up and lets move on.

The Valley can regain some pride by having a good showing in the provincial championships. Yes, even Guiness can contribute to the provincial run. Good luck!

Cheers,
Mumms

BrandonSampson

Nov 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guinness said:
We were never contacted and we havent complained. So shut it yourself?

If the FVSL really wanted any of our players they would have asked, we're not going to whine if they don't. Coach and the FVSL brass have the freedom to pick who they want to represent us and we're fine with that decision.

Moody

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Still wondering why the FVSL leading scorer wasnt on the team....
Seems like an easy pick, no?

What am i missing here?

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
FVSL Allstars, Kenno, Gary, Mike and Larry

Well done and good effort out there!
I for one enjoyed the match as I am sure many other locals did. There are always going to be those who second guess everything and can not for the life of themselves find a positive twist about anything. Speaks more for there character as a person then anything else really??
This may or may not be a strong FVSL AllStar Team but at least it's nice to see the FVSL out there being represented by a group of players and staff that simply are doing their best and deserve to be praised and applauded for all the effort.:)

Cheers 5BT's

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
As its been said.
The line up they put out was the USL North American Champions.
Teams in there own league have trouble with them.
Let alone a team that just shook hands and met the night before. With out ever playing together before.

The Caps also train together year round, with a strong tactical system in place. Any team coming together for the first time, in any league around, EVEN the USL league, would probably lose bad.

When they put the reserves on, the game changed, and the allstars were able to muster up some possesion and chances.

That being said, it was a successful evening. And thanks to Cormack, Moody and all involved on making it another success.

LION

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Zaurrini,

The leading scorer.. Mike Baldwin, IS ON the team and started.
not sure what your missing either....

LION

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thank You.

I must have missed his name on the roster....

Carry on.

Onto the game...

The FVSL Team should hold their heads high.
They played a highly skilled team, and were beat. Simple.

Move on, keep training, and come out hard against the VMSL. Both in the the game and in the Provincials.

I am calling a 1st rnd win for PAU in the provinvials.

Unless they continue with the "Peace What" campaign....

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
AGAIN, unlucky last night lads.

posted by: Guinness

Insert another piss take here: :rolleyes:

Why is everyone soo sensitive??? I am munted how everyone is taking exception to a few questions... I know Coach has done a great job for the program, I just stated some facts... Sorry to hear I lack so much class...

~Jeremy Roenick

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0