Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

CAT FVSL Cat Division - 2003/2004

Who will win the FVSL's Cat Division?

• Golden Ears United

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • Peace Arch

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Poco City

Votes: 19 36.5%
  • Langley United

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Sikh United

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Aldergrove United

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chilliwack FC

Votes: 4 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda said:
Stopped by the field around noon (our game time) and found a mens team having a few pints after finishing their game on our field that was supposedly closed.
:mad:
Waddup with that?

Whaddup with that? GEU was affraid to play Poco. Simple.

Skytraincomesoutofthecloset

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The site shows 2-1, but it was actually 3-1- the only person making it close was Andy, with the shocker 5 minutes left and us up 2-0 in cruise control. That was a very, very questionable PK. That said, Andy did a good job otherwise.

Blair played perhaps the best game I've ever seen him play. He was never caught defensively, and always pushing through midfield. Great to see!

Skytrain: what team are you signed for? Div. 1 or Cat?

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Langley 3 - SUFC 1

Good game for the most part, but a couple of things that Subby and Dude left out......

1) Dude's undies are still at the field after the 14 yr old megged him :D
2) Dude proved he can't score on us if we have 11 guys on the field :eek: ;) :D

I thought our guys came out and played a good game, I really thought Langley chances were limited but they countered well. Posession was back and forth so I'd say it was even but they defintely got the better scoring chances. First goal came off a bad turnover by our defense right before half and the late goals in the 2nd half came when we pushed up. I didn't think the game was all Langley, and it was a pretty close game until they got their 2nd with 10 to go.

A couple of our guys have to learn to shut up out there and really focus on the game instead of whinning and complaining to the refs, etc. Our core guys give it their all, they play hard and clean, and the last thing we need is a bad rep as a club.

I don't know which dive(s) Sub is referring to but I know our key players don't do that and they play the game like men. Not to make any excuses for this but a lot of times our players are much smaller than the opposition, so it hard to tell if was a hard foul or a love tap. :)

As for the elbows, I didn't see it but I know some of the guys were quite livid.

I'm outta here and off to the homeland for a few weeks. :cool:

BigTstilltalkinginahighpitchedvoiceaftertakingonefortheteam :(

PS Sub - marbles ? I don't think so....don't you know what the T stands for ;):D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
1. I swear he was 15. I wanna see some ID.
2. Didn't need to score yesterday. Game was well in control. ;)

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Big "T"itties

Big T said:
D
2) Dude proved he can't score on us if we have 11 guys on the field

A couple of our guys have to learn to shut up out there and really focus on the game instead of whinning and complaining to the refs, etc.

I don't know which dive(s) Sub is referring to but I know our key players don't do that and they play the game like men.

I'm outta here and off to the homeland for a few weeks. :cool:

My retort:

RE: Dude isn't allowed to score on you, it is prohibited. We wouldn't want you to think that our "entire" Premier side came out to spank you around.. ;)

RE: Couple of guys need to shut up etc.. Well you would think ANDY was a celebrity of some fashion the way I heard thousands of voices yelling "Andy, Andy, Andy" all the time. I heard it so often I learned his name by about 10 mins in and was able to also address our fine official by his given name LOL.

RE: Dives - Maybe they were not Dives however 2x I entered the field of play when a couple of your players went down awkwardly and lay motionless and in "agony" on the pitch. Both players got up and continued to play on rather well, and those were only the two I could get too. At least one of them was honest and told me he was just tired.

RE: Homeland - Have a safe trip!

Don't misunderstand me, I think for the most part your squad is a great group of guys.... and I enjoy my chatter with them from the sidelines.

filling the net

Not Bright
Sep 29, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The KNIGHTS 2 - ALDEBUSH 0

Started the game by aldegrove coming to our sidelines during warm-up screeming which net are we going to score on the most, then they just get totally dominated all game long by the knights. Wow, sure like to play these guys in the playoffs some team in the Pac Cup as got it easy!

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
RE: Ald / Knights

PSssstt.. Sorry Filler, I don't think any Aldergrovians are online here....Perhaps someone in your Division 2 thread might pat you on the back though..

Cheers

PS: If there are any Aldergrover's here then damn it speak up.....

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Alderbush did knock off the Rangers in the Pak, which by TheRob's reasoning must speak of the quality of play in the Cat vs. 1st division, considering one of the lower level Cat teams beat last year's Pak Cup runner-up and 2 time champs.

That said, The Knights knocked off Aldergrove. By TheRob's reasoning, that speaks to the quality of play in the 2nd division vs. Cat, considering one of the top 2nd division teams beat a lower level Cat team... a team that beat the Mighty Rangers the week previous.

So, by TheRob's reasoning, after Premier the 2nd Division is the strongest division in the FVSL, distantly followed by Cat, then the 1st division.

I hope I've cleared all this up for TheRob, as he can't post anymore due to internet usage restrictions at work.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No, TheRob plays for LUFC "A" in the 1st division, who knocked out last place SUFC of the Cat division in the Pak.

TheRob also thinks Jovonoski needs power skating lessons, so we're taking everything he states with a grain of salt ;) .

LucVanLierde

Not Bright
Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
drive to langley for a home game..good work the rob.. jovo needs skating lessons....yep, nazzy should work on his wrist shot and bert should gain weight .

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey, Langley is home to discarded, busted up soccer players who are still able to help teams win. Hell, they even gave me a home.

You wait Lucy...one day you'll be old and busted up, and you'll need a home. By then, TheRob will be Chair of the club, and laugh at you when you come crawling over to MAP (where the sun always shines, and players always smile) looking for a place to play.

Laugh, he will. Ha ha, he'll say...

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Big "T"itties

suburbanator said:
Don't misunderstand me, I think for the most part your squad is a great group of guys.... and I enjoy my chatter with them from the sidelines.

Hey Sub, no misunderstanding or offense taken...I enjoy the games in CAT and I hope we fix our problems with depth and make a good run at it next year. I think Langley are great to play against and hopefully we continue our rivalry. :D

I told Andy that he reffed a bad game before the opening kickoff, so I didn't need to say anything the rest of the afternoon. ;) :D

At least I think we can agree that Dude needs to stop playing CAT since he is getting some solid minutes in Prem ;) :D stir stir stir :cool:

Big T :cool:

PS - I love Big Titties !! :wa:

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lufc 1 - Chilli 0

LUFC 1 - CHILLI 0

After a long drive out the the "valley" we took home 3 points from our final match vs. Chilliwack. 1-Nil final with a "Welcome back" tally from Herb. Herb jumped on a juggled ball in the 6 and showed good persistance with his multiple hacks at the ball to knock it in.

Game flowed both ways, but not very smoothly. Neither team really dominated much until late in the 2nd half when we were foolishly protecting our narrow lead by allowing chilliwack to swarm us..... I think both teams only had a combined 10 shots? and only 4-5 of those hit the net.

Good Job done by our defenders who man-marked to the death in the last 5 mins...

Field was not very "chilliwackian" and was shite. I believe Umbro field tested about 2000 of their newest boots for 2004 this weekend.

Getting used to that ref now as well, I have had him 3 of the last 4 games......

Next up..... Aldergrove, Aldergrove, GEU.

Belfast

Oct 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
P.A.U 4 S.F.C 1

Game started poorly for us S.F.C 1 nil up after 5min. Nothing great from both sides rather dull affair score could of been much worse if P.A could finish (pish all around). Goalie for S.F C played well kept it from being a blow out stood on his head. Good luck to all, race to the finish could be interesting in the end. Cheers.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Belfast said:
P.A.U 4 S.F.C 1

Good luck to all, race to the finish could be interesting in the end. Cheers.

Good thing Poco and Geu have to spank each other around 2x more this season eh...Make it easier on the rest of us..
:wa:

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
GEU vs. Poco

GEU 1 - Poco Premier 1. ;)
Typical GEU/Poco game, one bleeding nose and a gash over an eye for 6 stitches. What more could you ask for?

Our goal came from a cross that found the top corner of the far post. Keeper couldn't back peddle fast enough. Poco's goal came on a great break out, nice switch of the ball and a great finish by Poco's premier striker.
We had a couple break aways that were shot just wide and they put one off the post as well. Could really have gone either way.

Ref tried to steal the show by giving our keeper a red after the final whistle.
Poco player knocked him long after he had a hold of the ball, keeper got quite upset and kicked the ball at the player. Keeper gets a red and the poco player gets a yellow. Should have just been yellows for both i think.

Makes it a tough game against Langley next week without our normal keeper. And since we only usually have 1 sub, guess that means we won't have any next week.

filling the net

Not Bright
Sep 29, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: GEU vs. Poco

Makes it a tough game against Langley next week without our normal keeper. And since we only usually have 1 sub, guess that means we won't have any next week.[/QUOTE]

Use Walters he'd be solid between the pipes....I never seen a team tie as much as you guys!

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lufc 1 - Ald 1

Yes another TIE for Langley, that makes 8? or something ridiculous. So saying you have not seen another team tie as much as GEU, means you don't get out to the farm much.

Blah Blah blah game in Aldergrove.

MOTM: THE REF...what a blankety blank Wanker. He has to be the worst ref in the valley. We could very well say the refing was "Po"...or "Poo" not sure how to spell it. All refs this year have been acceptable, this one was not.

As usual we shat the bed. Dominated the 2nd half (Aldergrove didn't have a shot I think, and only got out of their end a couple of times). ZERO finish as Aldergrove clogged up the 18. They are a good mucking bunch, Keeper was sharp when he had to be.

Dude played a strong game both winging and up front.... as did Matt Hulme Sweeping. Ohlman also played a strong game in the 2nd when he got fired up.

PS: GEU - Why don't you play your "Premier" Keeper, maybe we will break out of our scoring slump on his watch?
:D

PPS: Aldergrove, can you loan your premier side some jerseys? Those SoccerCity Pinnies are ghetto.

Use Walters he'd be solid between the pipes....I never seen a team tie as much as you guys![/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0