Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [FVSL D1] Results & Banter - January 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just noticed that the league is now putting "league" after the number of games someone has for suspension. Is this now indicating that suspensions don't carry over to cup? That would be awesome, we've been very good about cards but we have 4 starters sitting at 2 with cup just around the corner. It would be a huge loss to miss any of them for cup, so if that's the case for this year I must applaud the league for keeping cards seperate between league and cup.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Its true..YELLOW cards are kept seperate between League and Cup.
Now to get ready for Cup I suggest you watch this.

Last edited by a moderator:

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
SFC Strikers 4 - DFC Razorbacks 1

Too cold a night to not have changerooms, that's for sure. Fun game to be in first, half we missed a ton of sitters and were down 1-0, second half our fitness kicked in and we found some finish to score 4 unanswered goals. Phil was his usual self, awesome. For the first time in my illustrious career I got a foul for scoring a goal. Amazing. Ball gets saved by the keep, straight to me, I poke it in and get taken out from the side after the ball is in the net, and I get a foul. Gay.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dynamo 3 - Abby Arse. 0

Website reports 2-0, but it was in fact 3-0... could have been more.... Give Abby credit for not quiting completely. Tough collision 10 mins in sent one of our guys to the hospital for stitches, he should recover fine.

One of the abby guys slide-tackled his own guy, cleats up.... frikken ugly.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
our whole team drives out to chilliwack saturday evening at 6 to play stolo in what is probably the biggest game of the season for both teams, only to find the gates locked the lights off and no team to play against. i call league and they say we don't even get the points. so let me get this straight if a team "OFFICIALLY" forfeits they lose points and get fined. if a team decides not to show up and not tell anyone they just get fined and don't lose points ? pretty clever actually.....

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dynamo 3 - Abby Arse. 0

Website reports 2-0, but it was in fact 3-0... could have been more.... Give Abby credit for not quiting completely. Tough collision 10 mins in sent one of our guys to the hospital for stitches, he should recover fine.

sub, check prior posts. NOT all guys on that team are "problems," but check prior posts about some of their antics. I am a bastard, but the tackles in that game when we played were way out of my league. As for the team collectively, they did work hard and are generally good guys. Our game and the strikers both ended up in near fights so you do the math............good win though.
;)

TheMegr

Nov 7, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dynamo 3 - Abby Arse. 0

True the score was 3-0 and you deserved it for sure. I didn't mean to slide-tackle my own man (incidentally he was my cousin:D) I was just trying to clear the ball to the sideline for a throw-in instead of a corner. The collision in the first 10 was ugly for sure but there was no intent to injure just a bit of bad timing. Now if I could only put the ball in the net instead of hitting the crossbar and the post the score may have been closer. That's just how our season has been this year. Good luck the rest of the way.

TheMegr

Nov 7, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
sub, check prior posts. NOT all guys on that team are "problems," but check prior posts about some of their antics. I am a bastard, but the tackles in that game when we played were way out of my league. As for the team collectively, they did work hard and are generally good guys. Our game and the strikers both ended up in near fights so you do the math............good win though.
;)
You are correct there, we were having a tough time dealing with losing so much earlier in the season but have since changed our goonish ways. I can't wait for masters :)

doucheface

Mar 19, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
our whole team drives out to chilliwack saturday evening at 6 to play stolo in what is probably the biggest game of the season for both teams, only to find the gates locked the lights off and no team to play against. i call league and they say we don't even get the points. so let me get this straight if a team "OFFICIALLY" forfeits they lose points and get fined. if a team decides not to show up and not tell anyone they just get fined and don't lose points ? pretty clever actually.....

you kidding me? what a waste...

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
you kidding me? what a waste...

There has to be more to this than whats been posted here?
Please follow up. I for one would be interested to hear what really happened.
Its Important because we all have to drive more than most other leagues because the FVSL is so spread out.
Did an Official show up?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did a ref show up? The website says the game was postponed...

Is there a chance you never checked your vm or looked at the site to see that game was in fact PP?

I find it hard to believe you would show up with your entire squad to get there to see no ref along with no lights and no Stolo...

fowlerisgod14

Jul 31, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aldy 2 Poco 2

Wicked deflection let's Aldy go up 1-0 then a hit across the box I couldn't cut out, and tapped in on the far post. Joe Weeks had two excellent hits from distance to tie it in the second. Ugly game all round, no rubbish tackles or anything. Just a messy pitch, wind, and the cold.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did a ref show up? The website says the game was postponed...

Is there a chance you never checked your vm or looked at the site to see that game was in fact PP?

I find it hard to believe you would show up with your entire squad to get there to see no ref along with no lights and no Stolo...
mite be hard to believe but believe it, no stolo no lights, ref showed up and we had to drive back home. anyways the league is dealing with this now so lets just leave it alone and see what happens. those are my last comments on this issue until it is resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0