Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [FVSL D1] Results & Banter - January 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
mite be hard to believe but believe it, no stolo no lights, ref showed up and we had to drive back home. anyways the league is dealing with this now so lets just leave it alone and see what happens.

i guess its not appropriate to make a joke about petroleum

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
If the ref showed up then it should be a no-brainer, 3 points your way, a credit on the ref fees I'm sure you paid the guy, and a serious fine to Stolo...that should be turned over to you guys for gas money repayment.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
From Untitled Document the constitution:

LEAGUE RULES & REGULATIONS

Section 1 - MEMBERSHIP RESPONSIBILITIES

1(a) Every member is responsible to the League for the action of its officers, players and supporters and is required to take all precautions necessary to prevent spectators from threatening or assaulting game officials, team officers or players before, during and upon completion of games.

1(b) No officer, team official, player, referee, assistant referee shall bet on any soccer match, and the league teams are required to prevent betting and the use of objectionable language. Any team officer, team official, player or spectator may be removed from the park or ground in case of a breach of this rule.

1(c) Every member must ensure that their team is represented at all League scheduled meetings.

1(d) A team responsible for the defaulting of a game shall be charged with all expenses incurred in the preparation of such game and may be fined. The amount of fine will be determined by the Executive.

1(e) Field preparation is the responsibility of the home team; this is to include properly secured goal nets and corner flags on a post not less than five feet high with a rounded (non-pointed) top. Field markings in accordance with F.I.F.A. Laws of the Game (including the technical area).

1(f) Where there is a conflict of team colors, the home team will be required to change.

1(g) Each team is responsible for making its own travel arrangements including reservations, fares, hotel/motel accommodation and meals.

1(h) Each team shall be responsible to ensure that every player is properly dressed and equipped in accordance with F.I.F.A. Laws of the Game. The normal dress of a soccer player is a shirt, shorts stockings and shoes. Shin guards are mandatory and must be completely covered by the stockings at all times. Jewellery is dangerous and is not allowed. Every player must be identifiable by means of a number on his uniform, the minimum requirement for which shall be a number of contrasting color and at least eight (8) inches in height, of proportionate width, permanently affixed and appearing on the back of the player’s shirt. Players are not to share a shirt and duplicate numbers are not allowed. Teams are expected to do everything possible to make the game attractive from the spectator’s point of view.

1(i) The home team must supply a first class ball for every home game. The visiting team must also supply a first class game ball as a spare, if and when required.

1(j) Team lists, in duplicate shall be properly completed showing the full names of all registered players. Lists are to be legible and appear in the following format:

REG # SHIRT # FIRST NAME LAST NAME D.O.B.

Team lists are also to indicate date of match, name of opponent and are to be signed by a team official. Team lists shall be handed to the referee before the commencement of the game.

1(k) It is the responsibility of the home team to inspect their field on game day. The home team shall be liable for traveling costs for the visiting team and game official’s fee should the game be postponed by the referee due to unplayable field conditions. Amount of fine to be determined by the Executive.

Teams must attend the grounds and await the decision of the referee as to the fitness of the playing area, unless they have been previously notified by the League. Whereby both teams shall agree to a change of venue and/or kick-off time, no further changes will be made unless agreed to by both teams. Teams making such decisions must inform the League who will inform the referee.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
True the score was 3-0 and you deserved it for sure. I didn't mean to slide-tackle my own man (incidentally he was my cousin:D) I was just trying to clear the ball to the sideline for a throw-in instead of a corner. The collision in the first 10 was ugly for sure but there was no intent to injure just a bit of bad timing..

After reviewing my post, it was was not very clear, the collision was a 50/50 ball, and although our guy got the ball, I didn't feel it was a dirty tackle just ugly. (More of a collision than a tackle anyhow)

Regarding the own-player-slide-tackle, clearly not intentional obviously, it looked as is you and your cousin both went into the slide tackle to clear the ball.... Looked frikken painfull.

It was by no means a dirty game, and most of your guys handled themselves appropriately.

Cheers and good luck to you as well.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
After reviewing my post, it was was not very clear, the collision was a 50/50 ball, and although our guy got the ball, I didn't feel it was a dirty tackle just ugly. (More of a collision than a tackle anyhow)

Regarding the own-player-slide-tackle, clearly not intentional obviously, it looked as is you and your cousin both went into the slide tackle to clear the ball.... Looked frikken painfull.

It was by no means a dirty game, and most of your guys handled themselves appropriately.

Cheers and good luck to you as well.

After reading some posts in other threads, will there be no post-game bevies at WAP on Saturday?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
LUFC does not condone, nor encourage, the consumption of adult beverages in and/or around the area of Willoughby Athletic Park or the Langley Events Centre.

Try a Pub close by.

You don't want the hassle. Serious.

The problem is a few retards ruin it for all of us, all it takes is a few incidents of a team leaving empties in the Parking lot of the school and they complain then we get cops doing laps to ensure it doesn't happen again...

dirtydiggler

Feb 22, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
LUFC does not condone, nor encourage, the consumption of adult beverages in and/or around the area of Willoughby Athletic Park or the Langley Events Centre.

Try a Pub close by.

I understand where you're coming from JBN, but fcuk, footie is gettin lame out here when you can't have a pint in the parking let alone the field after a game. Time to play hockey.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's what I don't get.

Most of the Cops we have ever seen in and around the WAP and MAP facilities have been good dudes... Saying that if another cop comes by... and enjoy, but don't leave a mess and make me regret... and so on... We get this douche once and it makes me not want to even bring a cooler...

After every ice time we EMPTY a cooler... not like footy where everyone panics at the sight of headlights etc.

Why IS soccer the red headed stepchild of adult rec sports post session pints?! Because we are in a parking lot?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know laws are laws... but you don't see Cops giving people tickets for Jaywalking etc...

You know... I'd prolly get in less trouble smoking a joint walking up Granville then I'd get attempting to enjoy a pint while getting my boots off on my tailgate...

dirtydiggler

Feb 22, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know laws are laws... but you don't see Cops giving people tickets for Jaywalking etc...

You know... I'd prolly get in less trouble smoking a joint walking up Granville then I'd get attempting to enjoy a pint while getting my boots off on my tailgate...

Totally agree with you.

R-Tee

Mar 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Try a Pub close by.

The problem is a few retards ruin it for all of us, all it takes is a few incidents of a team leaving empties in the Parking lot of the school and they complain then we get cops doing laps to ensure it doesn't happen again...

What happened? We were drinking during ur guys game next to the field, and by the time we left even the coyotes were sleeping

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
You did the right thing 'wrong' by the book, in staying down by the field.

We did the 'right' thing and left the cooler in the truck. Bad choice.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well looks like the cooler is coming to the field on Saturday. We're going to be in tough, looks like rookie7 got his 3rd yellow (I think, they haven't had the discipline hearing yet) and will be missing the game.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

What are you on about, we drink pints after everygame and it's never much of a problem. We took down a cooler of loser beers on 3 occasions out at Willouby. The only time we haven't had pints was after our game out in Ladner, our beer guy was away.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
He's referring to the last couple weeks, not historically. The Oly_pic presence at LEC has brought more police to the parking lot than in the past.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
There was a cop (One of the bad ones that give Police a bad name so they are called pigs and such) on a jihad last week performing his duties as if he was a member of the '40 Nazi gestapo.

It's one thing to politely tell people that aren't breaking any laws to move along, it is a completely different thing to shake them down, threaten to perform illegal searches and or arrest people.

rookie7

Nov 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well looks like the cooler is coming to the field on Saturday. We're going to be in tough, looks like rookie7 got his 3rd yellow (I think, they haven't had the discipline hearing yet) and will be missing the game.
shiet i thought that was only 2 . . its not posted yet should i just keep checking come Saturday

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
shiet i thought that was only 2 . . its not posted yet should i just keep checking come Saturday

I dunno, scottish_kiss seems to think you have 3, I'm just waiting for the update on Thursday afternoon. If you're not on it then you're good to go. I didn't think you had 3 either but who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0