Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL D2] Banter and Results February 08'

Status
Not open for further replies.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry Hector, we tried, but missing three of four starting D-men hurt. The guys played hard, but the Strikers are a fast team and just kept on coming. We had chances when it was 1-1, a couple of mad scrambles in front of their goal that I have no idea how we did not score, and then they had something like 5-6 corners in a row and I knew that they were bound to score on one of them and they did. The four D played the whole game did a great job, but were tired at the end and it cost us a point. Good job Whalley, great first goal, what a shot!. Both goalies played well. What was up with the head-band guy:confused:, throwing a punch at our striker and we get the yellow???:confused: And then one of our players politely asking the ref about it, the ref saying he didn't want to discuss it, our guy says he's the captain and has right to ask, and the ref then saying " this isn't hockey, you can't question me" and then giving him a yellow???

Spot on game report, was a very good game, we moved the ball well but couldn't finish. The headband guy was being mauled by your striker, both guys were jostling for position on the ball, and since our guy was in front of yours, that would have been one hell of a backwards punch, on a guy over twice his size. I think what your striker was complaining about was all the freakin hands everywhere as he was doing everything to get a step, and our D was doing everything to not let him. The only time I could see when punches would have been thrown is when that same clown slides our goalie who already had the ball and he was about 5 seconds too late.

KH, in response to us throwing punches and not getting caught, I'm pretty sure he was suspended for it. And he won't be back with us next year, for all the shite he's pulled in games this year. Who wants to beat us? Doesn't everyone?

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think you guys will earn promotion now and do OK in Div.1, will not be relegated. In the warm-ups it looked like you had at least 20 guys out there, but dressed only 15-16, what happened to the rest of them? Did the coach tell them they were't needed and not to dress? Doesn't seem fair:(

We had 20 guys there and we got everyone into the game, which is good but also frustrating if you're playing well and you get subbed. Most guys we've had out all year and we were still missing 2 guys.

aldygrover

Oct 18, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poco City United 8 - 1 Aldergrove

This one was over with the opening whistle as we scored on the first drive up the pitch and made it 4-0 less than 15 minutes in... They only had 10 men and looked like they didnt want to play! We just moved people around and had fun after that as the score kept going up. There was an altercation late in the game as their big head case up front ran at our sweeper and keeper as he was sheilding it back to him.. Our defender got up and came back up in his face to see wtf he was doing and the guy punches him in the face!!! Our keeper jumped back into the fray as did many others from both teams... Their number 14 also threw a punch. The rest of the guys all did the usual pushing and shoving. So the ref decides to give their headcase, our defender and our goalie red cards.. Ridiculous as they threw the only 2 punches and we get 2 reds to their 1. It was 7-1 at this point, I understand the frustration but thats shite

Anyways was a nice big win for us to stay off the bottom and score some goals... Somehow we got 14 in the 2 games against Aldergrove yet cant score against anyone else...

Well I was going to check the website and see how we did yesterday but I guess that answers my question.

aldygrover

Oct 18, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Div 2b match-ups and predictions this weekend

GEU Tigers LUFC Wolves 4-0 Wolves- don't see this being close
Poco Royals SFC Bullets 3-1 Bullets -missing Fischer spells no chance!
Port Moody Lions GEU Rams 5-0 Rams- Just for stal and our leading scorer is back
Whalley Strikers Coquitlam MF Ajax 4-0 Whalley- Ajax can't seem to field a team and they lost to the Sundowners:rolleyes:
Poco City FC Utd Aldergrove Utd Poco in the battle for relegation 4-1, sorry aldergrover your prediction of not being demoted isn't going to happen!, BWT Superstriker get your lazy sidelines to make some subs;)

You're right Franchise...that prediction was made before the long snow break when we were starting to play better. So I'm gonna take the 5th on this one and go back on my guarantee.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here are the updated Power Rankings, not too many changes other than a 7 place jump by Poco City United for their thrashing of Aldergrove and a 4 spot drop for the Pomo Lions

Code:
TW	LW	Div Rank Group	Team	PowerRanking	Week Dif
1	1	2	C	PCNC United	140	0
2	4	2	B	Golden Ears Rams	132.5	2
3	3	1	B	Whalley Strikers	130	0
4	5	1	C	Surrey Coyotes B	125.5	1
5	2	3	B	Langley Wolves	124	-3
6	6	3	C	Mission Blues	108.5	0
7	8	1	A	Peace Arch Selects	91	1
8	7	4	B	SFC Bullets	86	-1
9	10	2	A	Westcoast SC	85	1
10	11	3	A	White Rock Utd	85	1
11	9	4	C	Golden Ears Pumas	71.5	-2
12	12	4	A	Langley Clones	70	0
13	13	5	A	Sikh United	59.5	0
14	14	7	A	North Delta Titans	54.5	0
15	17	7	C	Dewdney Celtic	49	2
16	15	6	A	Surrey Pylons	47.5	-1
17	24	6	B	Poco City FC Utd	40.5	7
18	16	6	C	Langley Knights	36.5	-2
19	22	8	C	Port Moody Magpies	35.5	3
20	20	9	A	Surrey Coyotes A	33	0
21	19	5	C	Columbia Bearcats	32.5	-2
22	18	5	B	Port Moody Lions	30.5	-4
23	21	7	B	Poco Royals	30.5	-2
24	25	8	A	SFC W/House Caps	27	1
25	23	9	B	Coquitlam MF Ajax	19	-2
26	26	10	A	North Delta Nationals	15.5	0
27	27	8	B	Golden Ears Tigers	6	0
28	28	9	C	Abbotsford Storm	-5.5	0
29	30	10	C	Golden Ears Titans	-21	1
30	29	10	B	Aldergrove Utd	-23.5	-1

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
coyotes 5- lufc knights 2...kinda boring game actually we scored 3 in the first half then langley started attacking a lot in the second half and only played with 3 defenders they got 1 goal we answered and scored they scored again and we replied once more...great weather! saw the score in the pumas vs mission game...5-0 mission....:eek::eek::eek: WTF happened there!? pumas didn't show up or just weren't in the mood to play or what?! good luck to teams in playing next weekend as we don't have a game. might drop by bear creek and watch our other coyotes team play the pylons....maybe...

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
coyotes 5- lufc knights 2...kinda boring game actually we scored 3 in the first half then langley started attacking a lot in the second half and only played with 3 defenders they got 1 goal we answered and scored they scored again and we replied once more...great weather! saw the score in the pumas vs mission game...5-0 mission....:eek::eek::eek: WTF happened there!? pumas didn't show up or just weren't in the mood to play or what?! good luck to teams in playing next weekend as we don't have a game. might drop by bear creek and watch our other coyotes team play the pylons....maybe...

You can always come out to watch the Mighty Rams verus Poco Royals :)

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Did you guys play at CAP again?

grnwhtrd

Nov 30, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I like how out of the three goalies we have, we cant even get one out. They all come out to the games in the pouring rain and bitter cold, but when the sun comes out, not one. So we have to settle for someone who hasnt played keep in 8 years, thanks guys.
From the begining I knew we were in trouble.
And as for our "hot head", it was you guys who jumped on him, we just helped him out.
Oh well, its in the past now, Langley vs. Aldergrove on saturday.

Superstriker

Aug 16, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Monday night makeup game...

Poco City United 4 - 1 Poco Royals

They came and pushed hard for the first 15 minutes and we weathered the storm well, they went up 1-0 and we settled down and scored a few minutes later. Then we took a good portion of the possession the rest of the way with all the scoring chances. We had about 10 good ones and managed to bury 3 more to make it 4-1. Our best played game of the year by far as a team and nice to win two in a row and stay away from the relegation area for good.

Hope we can make it 3 next weekend against ajax

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

They came pushed hard for the first 15 minutes and we weathered the storm well, they went up 1-0 and we settled down and scored a few minutes later. Then we took a good portion of the possession the rest of the way with all the scoring chances. We had about 10 good ones and managed to bury 3 more to make it 4-1. Our best played game of the year by far as a team and nice to win two in a row and stay away from the relegation area for good.

I'm hoping you can keep it up and take some points of Langley :)

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

They came and pushed hard for the first 15 minutes and we weathered the storm well, they went up 1-0 and we settled down and scored a few minutes later. Then we took a good portion of the possession the rest of the way with all the scoring chances. We had about 10 good ones and managed to bury 3 more to make it 4-1. Our best played game of the year by far as a team and nice to win two in a row and stay away from the relegation area for good.

Awesome job!!!!

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does any1 know what the odds are of all the makeup games being made up for Div.2??I play WRU and we need 2 make ups...we still have a chance at finishing 1st...so kinda wondering if we can get em in????Ruling on that over cup games or weekday games???

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does any1 know what the odds are of all the makeup games being made up for Div.2??I play WRU and we need 2 make ups...we still have a chance at finishing 1st...so kinda wondering if we can get em in????Ruling on that over cup games or weekday games???

As long as you're in cup you probably won't be making them up, they usually wait for your cup run to be over. If they could have an impact on standings that matters (ie, 1 and 2 get money, bottom 2 relegated) then they will get played. If you guys are mathematically unable to be first or second, you probably won't be playing if you make a long cup run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0