Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [FVSL Div 1] Oct '08 Results and Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
On a side note, great to see CP out to watch the match in that god awful weather.
That's a team player. I could tell it was eating him up inside just sitting and watching and not able to be on the field.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
On a side note, great to see CP out to watch the match in that god awful weather.
That's a team player. I could tell it was eating him up inside just sitting and watching and not able to be on the field.
Good for him! Hopefully he doesn't hang up the cleats from this as he's a great guy and still a good player.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
well, well, well...to all who didnt believe(bored), this bus has just a few spots left. make sure to wipe your shoes before you get in. thanks. 5 games in>>>GF20 GA1

Looks like the same start that you had to last year and how did that turn out for you? You pile up the goals against the weaker teams, big deal.

Here is a prediction, POMO does not make it to the end of October without a loss. The Port Moody game vs Dewdney will be the game that decides if you win the league. By that time you may in fact be looking up in the standing at Dewd United and the Rangers.

Those by the way are likely your top 3 teams this year but I am not sure that the Rangers can score enough goals to avoid too many ties. Pomo may still win the league but don't get too excited yet.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I still think we are one of the top 3 teams in this league. Obviously we are incredibly dissapointed with the start but we will still finish near the top end of the table, I don't have any doubts about that. I think 5th is a realistic finish if we can get it together but top 3 is almost out of reach already.

You run into the goal post or something?
You are not one of the top 3 teams, not likely a top 5 team either. 4 points from 6 games is pretty poor. Maybe not the time to be beaking about anything other than being crap and rebuilding for next year. You will not get past Dewd, Rangers or Moody and you will probably not get past Langley or Mission either. You will be in real trouble if you don't beat Mission next weekend (4-1 Mission in case you wanted my opinion) Be happy if you finish 7th or 8th.

Maybe you and Dopie-As-Fcuk should go for a Strawberry jam sandwich, of all the jams in all the world it is clearly the best.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
10 a**clowns and one moderately skilled kid in yellow boots lose to the warriors. aldergrove (since rolling the league 3 years in a row) is once again underrated like the wmv.files on your PC. looking forward to adding to the process resulting in the relegation of the dynahomos next weekend. next time keep your elbows down fcuk faces!

and your obviously an even bigger ass clown i didnt see game but from what i hear our team was terrible and i wouldn't say we only have 1 good player i bet you just wish you was a good player cause i would bet my life on the fact your shite

Cantuzzi

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mission10

Probably a bit of a drunkin rant... plus you must not value your life very much... Warrior14 with 2 beauty goals as a call up for Premier this weekend...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
They got by us barely w/ a 2-2 tie, 90th minute goal on them. I wasn't there, but they apparently battled hard, and we- as usual- didn't finish enough.

Mr.GoldenBoot

Sep 14, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
aldergrove (since rolling the league 3 years in a row) is once again underrated

Aldergrove Warriors Underrated?? how can you be underrated when no one has even rated you guys.....you guys are a 2-1-2 mid pack, meaningless team in a division with too many teams. get over yourself bud.

Mr.GoldenBoot

Sep 14, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
For sure fewer teams, I dont care how good those Port Moody Gunner guys are, and man those guys can play! no one should be winning games 6 and 8 bagel in a Div 1 leauge....4 teams without a win still??? how is that fun???

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Better, how about fewer teams?

I digress...

Although it would ulimately lead to our relegation the way we're playing, the Valley would definitely benefit from a 10 team D1, as the teams would be much stronger and better prepared for a leap to Premier.

Bollocks

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think everyone would like a stronger, 10 team Div 1 table where every team gets two matches vs. each other.

That is, except for teams 11-18.

This topic is a dead horse though ...

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
:p
I think everyone would like a stronger, 10 team Div 1 table where every team gets two matches vs. each other.

That is, except for teams 11-18.

This topic is a dead horse though ...

Dead horse indeed. Then what happens to the other 8 teams? Div 2 (D)?? you could bring back the CAT system but that would only help for the teams in premier, and those teams already for the most part have strong Div 1 teams who want that spot in prem. Send that dead horse to the glue factory.:p

Bollocks

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here is a prediction, POMO does not make it to the end of October without a loss. The Port Moody game vs Dewdney will be the game that decides if you win the league. By that time you may in fact be looking up in the standing at Dewd United and the Rangers.

Those by the way are likely your top 3 teams this year but I am not sure that the Rangers can score enough goals to avoid too many ties. Pomo may still win the league but don't get too excited yet.

I'd put Poco as the darkhorse #4 in the division. They work hard, have a couple skilled mids and oh yeah - have an ex-RANGER running them this year.

Also - LOL at these guys claiming they are "missing starters" this year and that's why they don't have results they "should have". You don't hear us 'Gers complaining about missing Pete, Mario, Dobbs, Sandro, Larkin, Hat, Waggy, etc. for the start of the season. That's why you sign more players or use the club system!!

stoned wall

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
:p

Dead horse indeed. Then what happens to the other 8 teams? Div 2 (D)?? you could bring back the CAT system but that would only help for the teams in premier, and those teams already for the most part have strong Div 1 teams who want that spot in prem. Send that dead horse to the glue factory.:p

The last thing the valley needs is to bring back the Cat system. Although I personally would love to play teams twice, Home/away, I think only playing the one game against teams bring more meaning into each game. Don't show up to play against a team any certain week and you lose, there is no rematch to make up for that loss and you have to cross your fingers and hope another team can knock off said team for you which doesn't always happen.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The last thing the valley needs is to bring back the Cat system. Although I personally would love to play teams twice, Home/away, I think only playing the one game against teams bring more meaning into each game. Don't show up to play against a team any certain week and you lose, there is no rematch to make up for that loss and you have to cross your fingers and hope another team can knock off said team for you which doesn't always happen.

But what happens for those teams missing starters? :D

Dead horse, but you could slowly lower the teams through promo/rele. we're at 18, bottom 3 drop and only bring one up from D2. Then you're at 16, keep going until you're at 10. Not a quick fix but it'll get you there.

deleted-dope

Not Bright
Jan 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
You run into the goal post or something?
You are not one of the top 3 teams, not likely a top 5 team either. 4 points from 6 games is pretty poor. Maybe not the time to be beaking about anything other than being crap and rebuilding for next year. You will not get past Dewd, Rangers or Moody and you will probably not get past Langley or Mission either. You will be in real trouble if you don't beat Mission next weekend (4-1 Mission in case you wanted my opinion) Be happy if you finish 7th or 8th.

Maybe you and Dopie-As-Fcuk should go for a Strawberry jam sandwich, of all the jams in all the world it is clearly the best.

i think we are better than the rangers....had a ruff start with getting the boys out (not an excuse)..but when we do i have a hard time thinking that teams (besides pm) could beat us....warriors hacked one of our best players down from behind clear red card got a yellow and hes out for a while still...cheap bastard....and we were missing 9 guys last week....we are desperate for a win though....i think we are much better than we have shown so far though....in a way we went from being a fovorite every week to underdog so look past us to the next week..we'll most likley loose....and bored of all the ttp posters your clearly the worst...beside me...but your still a di*k....out

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The topic is totally Seabiscuit, but…

There was an opportunity, was there not, this year to simply drop a couple of teams? I can’t remember now, but two teams weren’t relegated, while others folded, etc? The problem is that until the league simply stops trying to "fill in the blanks", and lets the promotion / relegation system work the way it should, the division will continue to be watered down from what it should / could be.

At one point this league had a 4th division. Time to bring it back. Everyone in 3rd is now 4th. Don’t like it, too bad. Don’t pay your fees and fold your team. From there you fill in the 3rd w/ the weaker div. 2, and fill in div. 2 w/ the bottom 11 div. 1 at the end of this season.

If that is too dramatic, then split the difference at 14. Two sides of 7. Play each other twice, and one cross over game.

Anyhow…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0