Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [FVSL Div 1] Results & Banter December 07'

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbks

Aug 12, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jack The Lad
Your team hasn't changed a bit still as dirty as always!You guys deserved more than 2 reds more like 4 reds. Also you flopping like you got shot to get the peno & the ref believing it , took alot out of the game can't believe he would make a call like that ! As far as the goon there was no way that was a red card at most a warning or a yellow! As far as boo Hurren screaming on the side lines he wouldn't have had to scream so much if your team would quit throwing so many dirty tackles including yourself & bored.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The PK was scored at the 30 minute mark.
As one of the Razorback D-Men said 'The Coachmen are old and shitty and they will surely come back and win."
What changed the game was the weak red card that I was given, everyone was surprised that was somehow a red card. After that the Razorbacks had no chance at all. Clearly outclassed by an old team playing one man down. It was 1-0 at that point, and we outplayed the Razorbacks so badly we felt unlucky that it wasn't 5-0 at the end. Didn't we score another goal when we were 2 men down. Razorbacks got their only goal with no time left on the clock.

Good win for us but it might cost us a few games later with a short bench.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
OK, from an unbiased opinion on the sidelines who hates both of these teams :) here's what i saw.

First red to bored was maybe a yellow for clipping his heals as the guy walked away, however, nothing for that guy who headlocked him and shoved him by his face.

The Barry vs. MaryKayWeather bout, Barry was second to get to the ball and the ball was not on the ground for this play. Ball was touched away by MaryKay and he was caught high in the leg. Worthy of throwing punches? No. Not even worthy of whatever he was trying to do with those mittens flying. Fleece burn maybe? Just a case of being a step behind for the opposition.
If the ball were on the ground and he got hit that high, then he'd have a reason to massage his face.

As for the Razorbacks sideline being yappy. I'd have to concur, as the ref, who did his best to keep all in line, had to come over to tell them to shut up on more than 1 occasion.

However, both teams needed serveral warnings on the pitch to shut up so they were even there.

Razorbacks had some troubles stringing thier passes together and turned the ball over way to many times with errant passes. And since when do none of their players want to shoot the ball?
Coachmen were just the usual bunch of "Grumpy old men"

In the end, game was called a few minutes early i believe, just in case.

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jack The Lad
Your team hasn't changed a bit still as dirty as always!You guys deserved more than 2 reds more like 4 reds. Also you flopping like you got shot to get the peno & the ref believing it , took alot out of the game can't believe he would make a call like that ! As far as the goon there was no way that was a red card at most a warning or a yellow! As far as boo Hurren screaming on the side lines he wouldn't have had to scream so much if your team would quit throwing so many dirty tackles including yourself & bored.

We kicked your ass, that's the bottom line. Sour grapes. Get over it.

JTL

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
NDFC 3-0 delta

Really it could have been about 6 or 7. We held a good 70-80% of possesion and created a bunch of point blank chances. To be fair they were completely depleated and I don't think that is anywhere near what their team looks like. They only had 11 and had to go down to 10 at some point in the second half. Nice to go into the break with a win.

DJGMC

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jives post pretty muched summed it up. This game was not ours to win on Tuesday. Showed up with a hurting 11. Guys in their wrong positions, one of our goalies played out but aquitted himself quite well. We were only down 1-0at the half but were never really in the game. After their 2nd goal, and one of our guys being too hurt to play, it was all ND. Cant be all that pissed as this was just a bad weekend for us. Too many guys hurting and to many guys doing other stuff. I think it could have been a great match if we had our bodies. ND was a classy bunch right to the end. Sucks that we cant play them again. Gotta try to get 3 next week going in to the break but will we have enough players???????

Fat Rabbit

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
So our guy takes exception and gives the fella 3-4 uppercuts. I think our guy (little black bald fella) thought he was Floyd Mayweather.
JTL

Clearly outclassed by an old team playing one man down.

Jack The Lad
Your team hasn't changed a bit still as dirty as always!You guys deserved more than 2 reds more like 4 reds. Also you flopping like you got shot to get the peno & the ref believing it.

Quick opinion of the game, that was the WORST fight I've ever seen since tour de france. Outclassed is a horrible choice of words, the Coachmen capitalized on their chances, the Razorbacks didn't take their chances (lack of shots). Finally, Kevin did a good job at reffing that game especially with all the shite he had to put up with. It's a shame the Div 1 format won't have these two teams playing again, GO DEWDNEY!

Royal14

Nov 8, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another brilliant outing by the Royals. Came away with the 3-nil defeat. Well done. Once again, no keeper for us (starting centre back had to play goal again and played well for someone who isn't a goaltender) and only 6 regular starters playing out. As it was we dominated the play for probably 70 minutes or so, but no finish at all. They scored on their opportunities and that was that. This break can't come fast enough for us, we need to get our players back and turn things around, try to get some points on the board.

snowman

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Man, there is alot of talk about Dewdney game being so vicious. I didn't see it that way at all. Couple of incidences, but over all fairly tame. Didn't see the first red, but heard from a couple of people that it was weak. The next two reds were also out of the blue. A dirty tackle, and maybe a little over-reacted retaliation. The last was just B.J. and his temper. I think he would be a much more valuable player if he learned to control it a little.

Goody got me early with a little blindsider. Course you guys' should know better than to wake a sleeping giant. (gwg)

I think it came down to fitness and stamina, as most of our games do(especially P.M.). It was fun to watch my checks fatigue and one by one require a substitution. I still had gas left in the ol' engine after the game.

Snowman!

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aldergrove Warriors 2 - LUFC Dynamo 1

Another heartbreaking loss for us, we show up early, shovel the field so we can play, wait around an hour for a referee to show up and I finally get ahold of Pete Thomas who busts his ass over to replace the AWOL official and I felt we played a little better than Aldergrove and certainly had chances but were completely useless when we gained their 18, which happened about 10 times.

We scored early to go up 1-Nil and then Aldergrove scored twice on counter attacks, credit for making the best of their chances. We hardly challenged their keeper because we kept trying to "deke" or pass into the box rather than shoot. By the time we gained entry Aldergrove simply stepped in front of our shooter(s).

We have been IN every single game this year except perhaps 2 and yet cannot earn any points. Very frustrating. As a coach I am just gutted for the guys as you can only tell them so many times "good job, good game, unlucky".?

Anyhow...

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just wanted to say how classy Whalley were on Sunday night,Last place playing first place and a very cold 8pm Sunday night kickoff right before break,and they all showed up with a sub I believe. Played hard ,Clean and never got chippy or mouthy,, just had fun.
Thanks for the game guys your a solid bunch.
I enjoyed meeting you.
MerryXmas

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jack The Lad

Jimmy thinks Elaine is special.

Wasn't there, but I remember one particular "little" man on the Razorbacks that- in an early season fiendly- thought it was a good idea to get up from a tough tackle swinging. This is the typical "Hockey Guy now playing soccer" mentality.

DJGMC

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just saw on the FVSL that DMU got a 1-0 forfeit win from Coq-MF.....anybody know why?

They could not field a team. A bunch of guys injured and Xmas party's. Shitty way to get the 3 points but what can you do? We really would have liked to play these guys again. The last time we met the game was called at the half because the field was starting to flood. It was a good tilt until the pitch started to puddle. I think both Coq and Peace Arch are both better teams than their records show but it seems like they keep coming up short.

Everyone enjoy the break, have a Merry Christmas and hope everyone comes back healthy and ready to go for January.

Royal14

Nov 8, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Royals 3 - POCO 0. I assume they didn't have their full regular squad, as their record is very good and we absolutely dominated the entire 90 minutes. Either way, we came out strong, and never let up. A great way to enter the break.

Bollocks

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That Ferry result is a huge upset. Looks like your Tsawwassen home field advantage helped out big time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0