Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [FVSL Div 1] Results & BBQ updates March 08

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richy9

Nov 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
"Liek I said, props to Langley and their keeper, had a good kick and run during halftime where I felt pretty sharp, but didn't get a chance to get in. Not that it would have made a difference, good shot from outside, no chance for Fuss."

Haha definitly the best goal I have scored all year, and I had to make it up to the goalie for saving that pk that was caused by me. not bad for only being on the field 20 mins or so.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Johnny B.
I"m on holidays.........again so i haven't paid much attention to the site.
:)

GEU 1 - TWU 1
Fairly even game i thought, we had a few, they had a few chances. Then we sent a man on a break and last man back had to take him down. Result, red card.
And you all know what that does to a team. Well it makes them play better of course!
A few minutes later, we couldnt' clear the ball and it fell to an unmarked man and he put it in. We fought hard for the remainder and with about 10 left a fabulous free kick top corner secured us a point.
We had to clear one off the line late but held on.

We definately missed a few of our stronger players today and me sweeping was a little awkward but a point is a point.

Superb refereeing as usual from PNE.

Pregame chatter from the ACBC sidelines was not friendly at all. Screaming, yelling, biting, pulling hair. It made it very hard to properly prepare for the match. I was waiting for those girls to pull out the baby oil and start wrestling.
Clearly they weren't happy but i dont' believe that settled anything.

On to the 'Gers next week at home.

PS: Sorry GHouse for bringing the jinx to your game.
;)

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cobras please stay away from our last game as your hex is still bothering us..As for me and Ogod haveing a cuddle session,,LOL did I say Ogod,,Lol now thats funny. He is not my type and his wife would kill me. Ps I am a burger man. No hotdogs for me.
I do know the Dog likes to say ,well weird at best ,things on here and he does toot his own horn,ALOT. But he is 6 out of 6 PKs this year and ask the Gunners how he stoned I think it was 6 or 7 break aways. There are more than a few good goalies in Div 1, I agree. But Odogs dedication and his important saves have made him a keeper ,and our Goalie. Everyone has a bad game for sure. Game winning saves are what I look for in a Keeper. Dedication and the way you handle the other goalie on your team also are very important factors. How many teams have 2 good Goalies that get along and know their role and are happy with it.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cobras please stay away from our last game as your hex is still bothering us..As for me and Ogod haveing a cuddle session,,LOL did I say Ogod,,Lol now thats funny. He is not my type and his wife would kill me. Ps I am a burger man. No hotdogs for me.
I do know the Dog likes to say ,well weird at best ,things on here and he does toot his own horn,ALOT. But he is 6 out of 6 PKs this year and ask the Gunners how he stoned I think it was 6 or 7 break aways. There are more than a few good goalies in Div 1, I agree. But Odogs dedication and his important saves have made him a keeper ,and our Goalie. Everyone has a bad game for sure. Game winning saves are what I look for in a Keeper. Dedication and the way you handle the other goalie on your team also are very important factors. How many teams have 2 good Goalies that get along and know their role and are happy with it.

he needs a better backline. (maybe an intervention is required). ;)

i know of an unrestricted free agent that could help out

canuck

Jan 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just want to say congrats to the guys on there win and tie since I have been out. Not sure who played net for us but congrats to whom ever for the results. We have had a crappy run since the christmas break but nice to see the boys turn it around.
Also congrats to Sub and Langley on there result against ACBC.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
All this talk about ACBC, let's not lose site of who the only team is to beat them.
:)

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
So it all comes down to ACBC gets T-Dub and the Gooners get the mighty Rangers...

I smell an ACBC win and a Rangers win to end the year off...

Will the Rangers vs PM Gunners game be a priority over the other two games the Rangers need made up? How does that work?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Will the Rangers actually field a team, or pull the chute?

The old Rangers would have showed up for a meaningless game, but these new school Rangers are a different breed. Kinda sulky and all, after being humped by Poco.

;)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wasn't there.

Although I'm quite sure there were a plethora of Poco balls being bounced off Ranger asses, I would argue that based on the scoreline being 4-0, the Rangers deserved the hump-ping.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
....pull the chute?

You kidding me?

You dont know us at all....after all these years.

Now, say if we had to play a road game in chilliwack at 10 am....well, we might not be able to field a team.

But this is Friday Night Lights Brother. Division 1 football. This aint intramurals. Division 1 Football brother.

[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=9S3RbRifTSk"]Division 1 Ranger Style[/ame]

I will go out and say it.

Our game against Port Moody is Ranger Guaranteed Win Night.

We lose, and geegers are free. (except for Dude, who is only allowed a max of five)

Period.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
That game there will be great, I'm sure the ACBC boys will pitch in for those Geegers if the guranteed win comes in, assuming they take care of their business.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Haha definitly the best goal I have scored all year, and I had to make it up to the goalie for saving that pk that was caused by me. not bad for only being on the field 20 mins or so.

Yeah, thanks for coming. Sorry about the minutes. I usually manage to get permit guys in the game a little more but it was one of those games....

Good effort.... wtf was a striker doing fouling a guy on the goal line in our box anyhow? Apparently you play some defense that your coach doesn't know about....;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0