Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL DIV 2] Banter & Results March 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Plus it's keeps the club on 2 seperate forms, so you still have a shot at 2 cups. Though, with the way things are going for ACBC, I'm sure if you pulled off a promotion next year Rich would be able to find enough players to have another team start in D3

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Plus it's keeps the club on 2 seperate forms, so you still have a shot at 2 cups. Though, with the way things are going for ACBC, I'm sure if you pulled off a promotion next year Rich would be able to find enough players to have another team start in D3

Its all about the hoodie:D

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shouldn't you be moving on to the div. 3 thread... get focused for next season.

I should just like you need to post in the Div.1 thread. I guess we're both out of bounds. Not Div.3 yet still playing Div.2 in the Knights league

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I should just like you need to post in the Div.1 thread. I guess we're both out of bounds. Not Div.3 yet still playing Div.2 in the Knights league
JB's pretty cut throat.... don't use any illegal players this time ! ... :eek:

.... at least don't get caught ! :rolleyes:

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
In fairness Guru other then a 15 minute span in the first half ACBC dominated the final. The second half was all ACBC I don't even think the Gunners got a shot or for that matter over half.

Sents versus ACBC was way closer in play and really anyone deserved to win that game.
Didn't see either, so I can't comment on that... I was originally commenting on the "dominating" comment... and as for that, I still stand by it... dominating should reflect the score, other wise you could say the Gunners absolutely dominated defensively, or in goal in the final... Like the NHL... some teams are very offensive, and some very defensive... both doninate games in thier own way...

xRESTRICTEDx

Sep 9, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Didn't see either, so I can't comment on that... I was originally commenting on the "dominating" comment... and as for that, I still stand by it... dominating should reflect the score, other wise you could say the Gunners absolutely dominated defensively, or in goal in the final... Like the NHL... some teams are very offensive, and some very defensive... both doninate games in thier own way...

umm u can still dominate a game and have it not reflect on the score...and u can still dominate a game and lose!

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
ACBC will be in div 2 next year and move up when we earn the spot through promotion by winning the division. If we dont win we will stay down.
We have a very small independent club. Our div 2 team was started so some of the guys who could not play Premier would have a place to play and so we could call up guys who wanted to try and improve and maybe move up one day. Well that didnt work out to well because quite frankley I hate to lose and wasnt happy donateing time and money to a bunch of guys who didnt show up some times for what ever lame excuse and didnt care how the team did. Most of you know them as the spoiled babys ACBC use to have. I couldnt take it anymore at below 500 so I made some changes to improve the team and make it more enjoyable for me ,since its my team and all. Sorry to those guys and saylavee. The guys now are excited to win and are on the page I am on and we go from here. I will be moveing some guys up. Some guys will quit for sure. And I have a helluva list of guys I am going after for next year.
Do to some changes in the FVSL you all will be hearing about soon enough, We ACBC have to step it up with our Div 2 team as we need to be closer to our Premier team so we can help them out when needed. So we can groom our newer and younger guys into our system. Cause we do have a system and play the game differently than most, as you who have played us can tell. And its not easy to learn and its not for every player.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
hmmm .... as important a message as this is.... I don't think it needed posting twice. I got it the first time :rolleyes:

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
umm u can still dominate a game and have it not reflect on the score...and u can still dominate a game and lose!
If it doesn't reflect on the score, wouldn't you say that the defence dominated you ? ... You can dominate offensively and lose, but if you lose, wouldn't that indicate the defence dominated you more ? ? If the game is totally played in my half, and you neglect to score for what ever reason, my defence out dominated your offence... If you outshoot me 100 to 1, but lose 1 - nil.... yes you out chanced me ... either you can't shoot worth shite, or my defence and/or goalie are far better at their job than you are at yours.. hence, dominating defence of your dominant forward....

If you win handily, then it's domination, if you barely win, I don't care how much possession or shots you have.... your forwards were neutralized by a dominant defence .

People look at dominance as an offensive trait, not a defensive.... you have to look at both.... or a combination, not just one aspect...

Masry

Dec 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
If it doesn't reflect on the score, wouldn't you say that the defence dominated you ? ... You can dominate offensively and lose, but if you lose, wouldn't that indicate the defence dominated you more ? ? If the game is totally played in my half, and you neglect to score for what ever reason, my defence out dominated your offence... If you outshoot me 100 to 1, but lose 1 - nil.... yes you out chanced me ... either you can't shoot worth shite, or my defence and/or goalie are far better at their job than you are at yours.. hence, dominating defence of your dominant forward....

If you win handily, then it's domination, if you barely win, I don't care how much possession or shots you have.... your forwards were neutralized by a dominant defence .

People look at dominance as an offensive trait, not a defensive.... you have to look at both.... or a combination, not just one aspect...

Either way Guru, We won, dominantly or not. We are the Champs having beaten 3 undefeated teams in doing so. That has to say atleast something.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looking at the sched is it true the Gunners played the night before the finals? If so way to give ACBC an unfair advantage. Hardly domination if that's the case and I wouldn't be surprised if the game had gone differently otherwise having watched the gunners play before.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looking at the sched is it true the Gunners played the night before the finals? If so way to give ACBC an unfair advantage. Hardly domination if that's the case and I wouldn't be surprised if the game had gone differently otherwise having watched the gunners play before.

Tis true.... They played us. I tried to Get the league to for-go that game... we certainly didn't care whether we won or lost, just didn't want a forfeit fine. They said absolutely not. I was adamant that we didn't get too involved as to injure any of them, or risk them getting yellow or reds, so I had emailed their coach advising him of that... to play it like a friendly... not sure how bad we ran them... it was an upbeat game, and they ran at us pretty hard I think... I guess more likely they ran us... especially since we were on our heels for most of the game... but it doesn't have to be an evenly played game for a team to exhaust themselves... their midfield and front runners were doing most of the work, and they did a lot of running... that likely left them pretty tired for the cup game only a few hours later. Ridiculous that they had to play the game Friday night...

We had the same thing last season. We had to play Mission the night before they played thier cup game... We only had 9 players, and Mission ran all around us... I think it was like 6 - nil ... They ended up winning the cup the next day, but I don't think they ran as much as Gunners did...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0