Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 FVSL Div. 2: Results and Banter Feb. '05

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sheep said:
Franchise who played net for you on the weekend? Todd???

Nope div 3 Raj....usually plays very well not his best performance on the weekend.....looking to steal away Gary though for next year.....solid player all around

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sheep said:
Its directed at all those who think they are headed to div 1 next year just because they finished first.

As for the Canes finishing first, If they lose to us this weekend and Poco wins that will pretty much end their chances of moving up. We are on a one game winning streak and plan on continuing that this weekend. GEU Tigers 2 Canes 1. Canes crying all the way home.

Very optimistic of you Sheep... I didn't realize you were such a funny bloke!

I think the big game will be 'Canes vs Clones... if 'Canes win, they'll go up, if they lose, they're done. Obviously.... the other two games that they and Poco play are academic. If Poco takes first, then it'll be more interesting for group C's chances. I think Poco would struggle in Div 1 as well next year.

whack

Feb 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Personally i think surrey coyotes will finish poco's slim hope of advancing this weekend. Despite the coyotes record, they are a solid team and i do believe they will upset poco this weekend.

Sheep

Nov 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Canes play 2 games in 5 nights and could be a little banged up come Sat night out in Maple Ridge. The Clones - Canes game will pretty much mean nothing if Poco and the Tigers both win their respective games this weekend. The Canes would then would have to pray for a miracle to happen to get in to div1. I’m changing my score line Tigers 3 Canes 1 with Sheep getting all 4 goals including the Canes just to make it interesting.

Canes,
No Jumping Jack goal celebrations aloud on our field. Those are offside.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fischer does have the best "natural" ability, but he is not our best player. I think of "best player", I think of MVP... the person your team would suffer more if he wasn't in the line up... Fischer is not that person, although he has that potential, he just doesn't have the drive.

From what I heard, our midfield was vacant.

The Franchise said:
As far as saying I'm good....didn't really mean for it to come off that way I was simply proving to Frodo that I can score and did dominate him all game....this was only said because of the abuse I got for playing a shitty first meeting with you guys.

OK, this is what I was talking about... even when you try and say you don't go on about yourself, you blab on about how dominating you are. The crap you took from the first meeting started out as good old fashioned TTPing... no one thinks you're the shits, but I don't think you're as good as YOU think you are. First, anytime you go past an outside back, there is should be support by the sweeper, then behind that is the keeper, so you burning Frodo for 2 does not put him at fault for the goal, it becomes a breakdown of the whole backline. Incedently, my MVP for this season would be Frodo. Some may argue this because his ball skills are not great, but he gets the job done, and can be counted on game in game out to shut down players, and he'll throw himself infront of a train, and never gives up. He does lose focus sometimes, as you said, but that that's more when I'm not there harping on people, he feels it's his job to step in.

Slider

Sep 28, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sheep you couldnt score in a monkey whorehouse with a bag of bananas.
The only thing you see 4 times a day is the drive-thru girls at McDonalds.
But yeah Whack youre right, we (Poco) have no chance against the unstoppable Coyotes :rolleyes:
Hell, Sheep and his flock dropped 4 on them last week as we all know.
He already told the world about it.
All we can do is win out and hope the Canes lay an egg in one of their remaining games. As for Tigers v Canes, smells like 4-0, unless the Canes put some Nando's on the line, in which case the Tigers will dominate.
There love of food is second only to Whacks' love of boybands, cotton candy, and having a mess of pubes for a haircut.

whack

Feb 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey thats great that sheeps team beat them, i think his team is much stronger than yours as well. I predict 3-1 coyotes over poco. As for the fro, once again man i take pride in the fro. Maybe next time we play i can gel it up and look all purdy for you. Oh wait, thats right we wont be playing you guys again as you'll still be in div 2 next year. Hey with teams such as ours and ndfc leaving div 2 this year, maybe you guys could be the team to beat next year. Actually, that still wont happen especially with the lack of skill your team posseses. I am in utter shock that you guys arent in the race for relegation.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
guru said:
Fischer does have the best "natural" ability, but he is not our best player. I think of "best player", I think of MVP... the person your team would suffer more if he wasn't in the line up... Fischer is not that person, although he has that potential, he just doesn't have the drive.

From what I heard, our midfield was vacant.

OK, this is what I was talking about... even when you try and say you don't go on about yourself, you blab on about how dominating you are. The crap you took from the first meeting started out as good old fashioned TTPing... no one thinks you're the shits, but I don't think you're as good as YOU think you are. First, anytime you go past an outside back, there is should be support by the sweeper, then behind that is the keeper, so you burning Frodo for 2 does not put him at fault for the goal, it becomes a breakdown of the whole backline. Incedently, my MVP for this season would be Frodo. Some may argue this because his ball skills are not great, but he gets the job done, and can be counted on game in game out to shut down players, and he'll throw himself infront of a train, and never gives up. He does lose focus sometimes, as you said, but that that's more when I'm not there harping on people, he feels it's his job to step in.

Don't dads always have to vote for their sons??

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Franchise said:
Don't dads always have to vote for their sons??

No need to quote the whole post... but yes, I had to choose Frodo or his mommy would kick me out like she did her last 4 hobbit hubby's :(

Incedently, Shifty-Dwarf is the other son, not Fat Rabbit.... Although I'm sure F.R. would rather me be his dad than the shiftless creature he calls dad now :D Cheap bastard, hasn't been out to buy me a bevy in months!!! ;)

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sheep said:
The Clones - Canes game will pretty much mean nothing if Poco and the Tigers both win their respective games this weekend. The Canes would then would have to pray for a miracle to happen to get in to div1.

Correct me if I am wrong but from the standings posted on FVSL.com, it would appear that if both Poco and the 'Canes, win out their remaining games, the Canes will have 38 and Poco 27....

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bluenose said:
actually it would be 38 for the canes and 37 for poco
no no no no.... you're both wrong.... it would be 37 for Poco, and 38 for Canes :rolleyes:

There must be someone out there that can confirm I'm wrong :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

redwoods

Oct 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
whack said:
Hey thats great that sheeps team beat them, i think his team is much stronger than yours as well. I predict 3-1 coyotes over poco. As for the fro, once again man i take pride in the fro. Maybe next time we play i can gel it up and look all purdy for you. Oh wait, thats right we wont be playing you guys again as you'll still be in div 2 next year. Hey with teams such as ours and ndfc leaving div 2 this year, maybe you guys could be the team to beat next year. Actually, that still wont happen especially with the lack of skill your team posseses. I am in utter shock that you guys arent in the race for relegation.

I'm in utter shock that your secret hasn't come out of the "closet". So please keep your gel and your purdy hair to yourself.

Fat Rabbit

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
guru said:
Incedently, Shifty-Dwarf is the other son, not Fat Rabbit.... Although I'm sure F.R. would rather me be his dad than the shiftless creature he calls dad now :D Cheap bastard, hasn't been out to buy me a bevy in months!!! ;)

Untrue he made it out to our last game but took off before it finished cuz he might have had to work. As for your earlier comment about the midfield being vacant, that was very true some of that we can attest to organization giving the wolves some credit for always being able to mix it up in the middle of the park, most of it is probably lack of subs/fitness. No midfielders to come on to the pitch i think that all 4 of us played 90 minutes. But the wolves were supposed to be calling up guys for this game anyways weren't they ;) and we were supposed to have a full squad. Not too sure how but our scheduling got mucked up and we should have been the ones calling players up. Oh well next week on to PM. Let's see if we can mess up the standings like we always do....:D

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fat Rabbit said:
guru said:
Although I'm sure F.R. would rather me be his dad than the shiftless creature he calls dad now Cheap bastard, hasn't been out to buy me a bevy in months!!!

Untrue he made it out to our last game but took off before it finished cuz he might have had to work.

Lameo excuse..... My comment still stands.... he wasn't out to buy me a beer!!! I was there just after the game ended, and he didn't hang around to buy me one.... no prob, you can buy me one Tuesday at indoor. :D

hoodrat

Mar 10, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
i thought we joined this league to play some footie, but as it turned out div 2a is suspect of bullshite. Not just because no one wants to play us but even the second place team can only feild 9. at least 9 showed up. i can only hope that when we play for promotion we will be ready, as it will have been a long while since we've had any competative play.

abby i hope you fold next year no league wants your class.

congrates NDFC, for what? we dont even play and we win. i'd rather play and give up the points.
28 teams in one division half of them dont show up.
div2a,b,c, and div3a,b sounds like five divisions to me

to bring up an old argument. the teams were chosen by draw so it makes the leagues even. i just thought div 2a was good because NDFC was in it. but when its chosen by a draw and not talent you do get better and poorer leagues, 2a sucks! thanks for coming out losers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0