Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 FVSL Div. 2: Results and Banter Feb. '05

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fat Rabbit

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
guru said:
Also, we had to play the wolves on that same crappy pitch you guys did, and tied 1 - 1. thier goal was offside, and we played like shite but still out chanced them with no results. shite happens! They put out one of best players with a knock to the face, (not intentional, however, he's still gone, and for the season), he also lost a tooth...

Not too sure what part of this isn't true but yes our goal was undeserving as well, should have been a 0-0 game. And Old Hammond is the worst pitch in the valley next ER home field when it rains

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fat Rabbit,

Quit arguing with your father... NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!

All I remember was I scored a rocket to the top corner, on a bike from 30 yards... :wa: others may remember it differently... :rolleyes: Regardless ... I agree it should have been a tie...

Now go crawl back in your hobbit hole, and quit complaining it's too small!!

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fat Rabbit said:
Old Hammond is the worst pitch in the valley next ER home field when it rains
who is the wizard that decided to put a soccer pitch at the bottom of a mountain :confused: :confused: :confused: ?????

wolfman

Nov 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
we have six players not making the game saturday....lol..no subs for us.
i'll need a nice cold beer after the game.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
wolfman said:
aaaa.... the beer guy is not there either.... ill have to steal one from guru!

Looks like we'll be cutting it close too, unless I can do some major shuffling, I won't be there now untill 1:30... just in time for you to buy me a beer!! :D Beer guy won't be there?!?!... he should be sacked! The mmmbeer Guru would never do that to his team.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
guru said:
Looks like we'll be cutting it close too, unless I can do some major shuffling, I won't be there now untill 1:30... just in time for you to buy me a beer!! :D Beer guy won't be there?!?!... he should be sacked! The mmmbeer Guru would never do that to his team.

You guys have a few suspended this weekend hey. We are missing one of our strikers to :mad:

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Franchise said:
You guys have a few suspended this weekend hey. We are missing one of our strikers to :mad:
Yup... we'll be down to 11 or 12. No big deal.... this ones all about the post game....

Tito Santana

Jul 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hold up a sec esay's.

First you rip eachother for weeks on end, and you now you are arranging a post game circle jerk for Saturday. Sup wit dat?

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tito Santana said:
Hold up a sec esay's.

First you rip eachother for weeks on end, and you now you are arranging a post game circle jerk for Saturday. Sup wit dat?

Don't fight it Tit's .... just feel the love :D

I took pitty on them because their beer guy is jilting them. Should I just drink in front of them with offering up a beer? That's just being cruel...

... ahhh, ya.... I could be cruel :cool:

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
well they both got something in common.. out of the cup...middle of the pack....why not have a beer, they are just playing for fun at this point anyway. i know somebody is going to come on here and say i always play for fun, well i play to win..thats fun.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
well they both got something in common.. out of the cup...middle of the pack....why not have a beer, they are just playing for fun at this point anyway. i know somebody is going to come on here and say i always play for fun, well i play to win..thats fun.

With nothin to play for.... why not? It's better than those other bottom feeder teams in the other groups who just forfiet... that SUX!!

I give full marks to PAU in our group who really came out last week against us as if they were playing for a title. We took the game very light, like a friendly. Not that they played dirty, cuz it was a pretty clean game for the most part, just that they didn't figure the season was done, and they were all keen to play still.

As long as I come out in one peice, and can still hold a pint, thats a win for me... fun comes from a can :wa:

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
so basically you just sad your taking it light and playing for fun. which is basically what i said, you don't have to take offense to everything i write. I am sure you guys are trying to win but I am also sure you won't be too upset about it if you lose. i can't help the rippers folding, and I am tired of the whole which group is stonger crap. NDFC, Hurricanes, and whoever comes out of div 2c are the strongest. my only problem with 2c is the top teams have 5 or 6 losses. If you lose that much in div 2 why go to div 1 your just going to be sitting at the bottom with 1 or 2 wins. I know your groups competitive or whatever but div 1 will be alot more competitive and if you have trouble consistently beating teams like celtic, wolves..etc why even try to be promoted. i know port moody has already said they might stay in div 2 which is smart I think whoever wins should stay in div 2. 1 more year of development is better then a year of getting run over, thats when people start quitting. just my opinion though

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
so basically you just sad your taking it light and playing for fun. which is basically what i said, you don't have to take offense to everything i write. I am sure you guys are trying to win but I am also sure you won't be too upset about it if you lose. i can't help the rippers folding, and I am tired of the whole which group is stonger crap. NDFC, Hurricanes, and whoever comes out of div 2c are the strongest. my only problem with 2c is the top teams have 5 or 6 losses. If you lose that much in div 2 why go to div 1 your just going to be sitting at the bottom with 1 or 2 wins. I know your groups competitive or whatever but div 1 will be alot more competitive and if you have trouble consistently beating teams like celtic, wolves..etc why even try to be promoted. i know port moody has already said they might stay in div 2 which is smart I think whoever wins should stay in div 2. 1 more year of development is better then a year of getting run over, thats when people start quitting. just my opinion though

All you have to do then is prove it by beating Port Moody in the playoffs with the hurricanes/Poco whoever finishes on top and the Port Moody div 1 team.

Wins really don't mean alot....the first year the Knights went to div 1 we finished right behind Poco raiders with only 3 losses and shite the bed first year in the div one......experience playing in that division is what matters.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive.... Where did you get I was taking offence to your post? On the contrary.... (which is not any fun either :rolleyes: )

I've taken offence to only one post on here EVER. I think we both know which that was. But that was sorted out.

Also, I never go into a game to lose... no point in playing if you're not trying to do the best you can... even at my age I still go into it with everything I have. Why else would I still be playing competitive soccer. I love the game! I'm pasionate about the game while it's on, but after the final whistle, it's done for me... the reality of how little a win or loss actually means is clear. But when the game means less, it's easier to play with good sportmanship, because the urgency of a "mean something" win isn't there.

I also aggree with you that there are only 2 teams who stand out in Div 2. And I think even they will be in tough in Div 1., but I think they'll do well enough to stay up there. From what I hear, PM doesn't want to move up, and they probably shouldn't, but I still think ER is going to be #1 in "C". I don't think the're good enough to stay up in div 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0