Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL Div. 2] Results and Banter ~ Feb '06

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJGMC

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
bored said:
Thats a good question, I'll smoke it out when I get back into town, still ours to lose I think.

You better get back to town and rally the troops. Celtic gonna make a cup run ??

Shifty_dwarf

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
1030 friday night...game runs into next day.
in bed a little before 4:00am to play the next morning.
needless to say we werent showing our best.
two games that we should have won and didn't.
waiting to hear about DMU this weekend.

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
DMU 3 Poco 0. We had a good first half then shite the bed in the second. I think it had something to do with Woody and JM watching the game. We threw the game for Delta to make the race for top spot interesting. :)

DJGMC

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
canuckboy said:
DMU 3 Poco 0. We had a good first half then shite the bed in the second. I think it had something to do with Woody and JM watching the game. We threw the game for Delta to make the race for top spot interesting. :)

I call bullshite. Ya we had a crumby 1st half, but after we started to play the 3 ginos came easy. As far as you " throwing the game, I dont think so. You guys worked hard all game. Poco is not a bad team, just not good enough. Maybe you can beat the Wolves for the 8th place ribbon.

Bluenose

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was a fast paced yet sloppy game against the Rams. The game easily could have gone both ways but when both teams fail to capitalize on the opportunities provided, it's just a lot of what if's that we are left with. We can take a few positives from the game as we finally put in an effort that was consistent and played with intensity which has been lacking, myself included and we can build from that going into what should be a difficult cup tie. Good luck to the Rams and all the div 2 teams on their respective cup drives.

Cantuzzi

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
grove 3 sfc stars 1

a win is a win as we are looking for a little consilation in our division and place third... Good luck to everyone in thier cup games it suck for us as we don't play our first cup game for another 3 weeks...

Cantuzzi #10

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
DJGMC said:
I call bullshite. Ya we had a crumby 1st half, but after we started to play the 3 ginos came easy. As far as you " throwing the game, I dont think so. You guys worked hard all game. Poco is not a bad team, just not good enough. Maybe you can beat the Wolves for the 8th place ribbon.

Hey what does second get again:confused: See ya next year. by the way Ronald is your only good player:p

DJGMC

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Franchise said:
Hey what does second get again:confused: See ya next year. by the way Ronald is your only good player:p

Well I guess I should give Ronald a ribbon for getting us to where we are. Thanks but dont need your advice as to who is a good player on our team. Keep waving your Giant Killers flag.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now that it is official, congrats to the Port Moody Gunners on being the only undefeated team in Div. 2 this season. Wins: 14. Ties: 4. 62 GF, 13 GA. Even though our group and the rest of the division has yet to play itself out, this is impressive.

As mentioned before, we've seen a lot of young teams come up and down through the league in the past few years- Lions, Storm, Dewdney to name a few- but if these guys continue to work hard together and improve, they will be a good addition to Premier in a few seasons.

So, Celtic...what happened boys?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Moving along...

Seems that sides A & C are doing what we can to make this 2nd division finish interesting. Sub and our brother team, the LUFC Dynamo, have put together a nice season, and have a chance to play spoiler vs. the Celtic. To do their part, all they really need is to tie. On paper, Celtic should win, but over the past few years, the core group of Dynamo have faired well against the same core group on the Celtic. So, the familiarity is there for Dynamo in that there is no intimidation factor. Plus, helps that they've already handed the Celtic their only L of the year.

If I were a betting man, I'd say 1-1 draw, or even 2-0 win in LUFC's favor. That said, I don't want to jeopardize my LUFC Hall of Fame eligibility. The new stands are being built, and I've been promised a framed "DUDE #8" jersey next to the men's urinal.

The other team I'm curious to learn more about is this Aldergrove Undivided team. They have put in an impressive season, but is it perhaps the least impressive of all three groups...at least at the top? I'd like to hear more about these guys...young team? Older and experienced? Playing style?

Let's hear it...

DJGMC

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
Moving along...

Seems that sides A & C are doing what we can to make this 2nd division finish interesting. Sub and our brother team, the LUFC Dynamo, have put together a nice season, and have a chance to play spoiler vs. the Celtic. To do their part, all they really need is to tie. On paper, Celtic should win, but over the past few years, the core group of Dynamo have faired well against the same core group on the Celtic. So, the familiarity is there for Dynamo in that there is no intimidation factor. Plus, helps that they've already handed the Celtic their only L of the year.

[END QUOTE]

Cant say much about Aldergrove or the B side as I have never seen them, but I must say that A and C groups top teams all look pretty strong this year. Dynamo having only lost one game this year is going to have a strong final run IMO. They have to play Hades, Celtic and DMU. We havent seen the Hades since game 1 so we have no idea what to expect from them. That team seems all over the map. We played Dynamo a few weeks ago and drew 1-1 and Dynamo handed DFC their only loss. I would have to say that Langley will be the team to sum up the table and it looks like it's in their hands. With all top teams having tough games from here on, it should be interesting. Good luck to all.

As far as 2A goes....wow. Looks like promotion is in the hands of the Royals. Both LUFC and the Gunners have had a great season and both deserve a spot in Div 1. To bad only 1 can go. This game will be the one to see this year but after watching the first matchup between these teams, I predict a LUFC win. Make sure you post the game date and time on here Dude !!

BlownByYou

Oct 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
hey btw Dude when do you guys play Tsawassen? date and time and place... u can bet all the Gunners will be out there rain or shine

notaek

Sep 18, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
BlownByYou said:
hey btw Dude when do you guys play Tsawassen? date and time and place... u can bet all the Gunners will be out there rain or shine
Yeah let's get that posted, a definite must see for us

Cantuzzi

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
dude

I can comment on aldergrove undivided team... most have them have been together for the last 10 years or so - they are all 20 to 25 years old they play a typical aldergrove style hard nosed and alot of work but they also have a few impressive scorers should be interesting in the playoff round robin to see who goes through it would be nice to get all three Div 2 team in... and with how the bottom three in div 1 look that is a good possibility.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting. Like I said, no idea what these guys are like, or the "B" group, for that matter.

One can only assume it is the weakest of the three, considering how high up the Tigers are in the standings. If those guys can be that high in the table, it can't be that good. ;)

That said, any team with such a good record must be doing something right.

Osame bin madden

Feb 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
Moving along...

If I were a betting man, I'd say 1-1 draw, or even 2-0 win in LUFC's favor. That said, I don't want to jeopardize my LUFC Hall of Fame eligibility. The new stands are being built, and I've been promised a framed "DUDE #8" jersey next to the men's urinal.
Dude judging from the scabs and scars on your knees your # 8 jersey will be retired by the league..:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0