Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL Div. 2] Results and Banter ~ Feb '06

Status
Not open for further replies.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
....As mentioned before, we've seen a lot of young teams come up and down through the league in the past few years.......... Dewdney to name a few........
Which DFC team was that...

Cantuzzi said:
..... should be interesting in the playoff round robin to see who goes through it would be nice to get all three Div 2 team in... and with how the bottom three in div 1 look that is a good possibility.

No chance.... only 2 teams can move up.... Bottom of Div 1 comes down, and the 9th place plays a round robin with the top from each group.... top 2 go up (or 9th stays, as the case may be). So not all 3 2nd div teams can be promoted.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
guru said:
No chance.... only 2 teams can move up.... Bottom of Div 1 comes down, and the 9th place plays a round robin with the top from each group.... top 2 go up (or 9th stays, as the case may be). So not all 3 2nd div teams can be promoted.
Wrong.

Bottom two get relegated and the 8th place plays off with the three Div. 2 teams.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The recent one that went up last year and is on it's way back down to 1st after this year.

Guru: I think you have the promotion playoff pegged. I belive it's 4 team round robin, top two of that go up. So, for whoever makes it to the round of four, there is still a lot of soccer to play this year.

Our side will be settled in two weeks...either us or the Gunners. Soccer Mom PMed me this week accepting the hooker and two cases of beer offer, so I expect him to be good on his word.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
The recent one that went up last year and is on it's way back down to 1st after this year.
Eye Sea... I thought we were talking aboot Div 2.... Yes, DFC Pigs are on thier way back to where they should have been....

Dude said:
Guru: I think you have the promotion playoff pegged. I belive it's 4 team round robin, top two of that go up. So, for whoever makes it to the round of four, there is still a lot of soccer to play this year.

Our side will be settled in two weeks...either us or the Gunners. Soccer Mom PMed me this week accepting the hooker and two cases of beer offer, so I expect him to be good on his word.
I think TheRob is in error, but if he has any info to back this up, I'd be interested to hear where he got it from... Rob? ?

Soccer Moms word?!? This could be a first! I'd forgo the bet with his siste..... ooops, I mean hooker :)

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My info to back it up is, that's the way it's been for the last two years.

Good enough?

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guru why are you concerned with how promotion works didn't you throw away our chances last weekend. I guessed Bored and I can't leave anything up to you guys. You have one more chance to redeem yourself against Langley so don't screw that up too.

Btw you owe us a beer

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRob said:
My info to back it up is, that's the way it's been for the last two years.

Good enough?
Well that's not the way I remember it being last year, and the year before there was only one big Div 2 group, so maybe you can give me some more reliable info.... like from the FVSL web site.... cuz I can't find anything other than Premier promotion/relegation.
STD said:
Guru why are you concerned with how promotion works didn't you throw away our chances last weekend. I guessed Bored and I can't leave anything up to you guys. You have one more chance to redeem yourself against Langley so don't screw that up too.

Btw you owe us a beer
No beer for you... yer gonna need 6 weeks to sober up from your Mexican sloshfest... And by the way, I was a plus 3 in the tie vs Arsenholes.. and even with no goals against in the Hades match....

... so go suck a lemon!!

Cantuzzi

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guru

the way promotion works is the bottom two teams in div 1 are automatically drop to div 2 and then the 3 winners of div2 go into a playoff with the 8th place team in div1... top three from the playoffs are in div 1... the reason I know this is I played for ND Players last year... Langley and now 5 Corners dropped down and PM Fury were in the playoff and retained thier div 1 spot... any other qusetions?

Cantuzzi #10

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRob said:
Fcuk off Guru.
That was uncalled for :( Just cuz you said it's been that way for the past two years, and I proved that last year was the first year for a playoff, that's no reason to piss on a guy.... especially when he's right! :)

Hey Cnuttoosi, who was promoted and relegated then? I thought it was Huricanes who were promoted, and the fury stayed, and the only reason ND went up was because the Canes went to the VMSL so they took that 1 other spot ... so if that's incorrect, then one other team went up, and the only other would be Hades, and they didn't go up ...
If it was the way you say, then 3 of the 4 in the round robin would be in 1st... I'm not saying it isn't how it went, I'm saying that's how I thought it went...

And who came down?

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whalley still had a team in Div. 1 this year. Port Moody stayed up and NDFC was promoted. That's three.

There was a playoff the year before too, but it didn't include 4 teams. Just two. LUFC and GEU Titans.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
guru,

Honestly you can't be this stupid. Nd players(now 5 corners) came in last place(10th), langley game in second to last place(9th). port moody fury(8th) played in the promotion/relegation playoff with the winner of 2A(NDFC), 2B(hurricanes), 2c(Hades). top 3 of the 4 going too div 1. hades lost to the hurricanes 5-1 or so then NDFC 6-1. port moody had two ties against hades and hurricanes. leaving hurricanes(now whalley hurricanes), NDFC, and port moody going up.

enough.. Hades stink stink really bad they had a combined score of like 2 for 12 against in the playoff.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
guru,

Honestly you can't be this stupid. .
Who says I can't ! !

bulljive said:
Nd players(now 5 corners) came in last place(10th), langley game in second to last place(9th). port moody fury(8th) played in the promotion/relegation playoff with the winner of 2A(NDFC), 2B(hurricanes), 2c(Hades). top 3 of the 4 going too div 1. hades lost to the hurricanes 5-1 or so then NDFC 6-1. port moody had two ties against hades and hurricanes. leaving hurricanes(now whalley hurricanes), NDFC, and port moody going up.

enough.. Hades stink stink really bad they had a combined score of like 2 for 12 against in the playoff.
This is total babble .... First of all, Port Moody didn't go up.... they were already there, next, Wallyworld Hurricanes weren't even a team.... they must have been the SFC Hurricanes, and THAT team left to play in Div 1 in the VSML... So what happened then is that Wallyworld have the SFC Canes spot, (obviously a backroom deal), and the NDFC was the other team to be promoted with SFC Canes...

So, for someone who didn't give a shite about last years relegationees, and don't know who they were.... how the hell is one supposed to find this out with out asking who got relegated, and to do this without getting: "Honestly you can't be this stupid."
Stupidity is not ignorance....
ignorance is not knowing, which I didn't ... which is why I asked who was relegated...
Stupidity is calling someone 'stupid' for asking a question. Which you are!

DJGMC

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cantuzzi said:
Guru

the way promotion works is the bottom two teams in div 1 are automatically drop to div 2 and then the 3 winners of div2 go into a playoff with the 8th place team in div1... top three from the playoffs are in div 1... the reason I know this is I played for ND Players last year... Langley and now 5 Corners dropped down and PM Fury were in the playoff and retained thier div 1 spot... any other qusetions?

Cantuzzi #10

This is bang on. Hades finished last in the playoff last year and had to stay in Div 2. So the Port Moody Fury were able to keep their place in Div 1.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
OK, the Jury's in. TheRob, Bulljive, and Cantuzzi are correct. Guru, get off the crack pipe.

Honestly man, I expect better of you.

Honestly...:rolleyes:

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
So lets see here.... Guru on crack for asking who went up and who came down.... The Guru not stating he's right or wrong.... because he doesn't know who the teams were that went in either direction other than the Huricanes, who fled the valley for the Van. metro.... Yup.... on crack seems obvious... I was just asking questions.... not accusing anyone of being wrong... see below...

guru said:
I think TheRob is in error, but if he has any info to back this up, I'd be interested to hear where he got it from... Rob? ?
guru said:
Well that's not the way I remember it being last year, and the year before there was only one big Div 2 group, so maybe you can give me some more reliable info.... like from the FVSL web site....cuz I can't find anything other than Premier promotion/relegation.
guru said:
Hey Cnuttoosi, who was promoted and relegated then? I thought it was Huricanes who were promoted, and the fury stayed, and the only reason ND went up was because the Canes went to the VMSL so they took that 1 other spot ... so if that's incorrect, then one other team went up, and the only other would be Hades, and they didn't go up ...
If it was the way you say, then 3 of the 4 in the round robin would be in 1st... I'm not saying it isn't how it went, I'm saying that's how I thought it went...

And who came down?
guru said:
Who says I can't ! !
...Port Moody didn't go up.... they were already there, next, Wallyworld Hurricanes weren't even a team.... they must have been the SFC Hurricanes, and THAT team left to play in Div 1 in the VSML... So what happened then is that Wallyworld have the SFC Canes spot, (obviously a backroom deal), and the NDFC was the other team to be promoted with SFC Canes...

So, for someone who didn't give a shite about last years relegationees, and don't know who they were.... how the hell is one supposed to find this out with out asking who got relegated, and to do this without getting: "Honestly you can't be this stupid."
Stupidity is not ignorance....
ignorance is not knowing, which I didn't ... which is why I asked who was relegated...
Stupidity is calling someone 'stupid' for asking a question. Which you are!
Dude said:
OK, the Jury's in. TheRob, Bulljive, and Cantuzzi are correct. Guru, get off the crack pipe.

Honestly man, I expect better of you.

Honestly...:rolleyes:
So Dude, what's up with the piss on my questions... should I have asked via PM instead? ? I'll admit at the onset I thought it was just the bottom team in div 1, then a round robin with the 9th place, but jumpin fcuk, I let that go and just wanted some questions answered about confirmation! If the Celtic were in 4th place again like last year, I'd be keeping my mouth shut, cuz I wouldn't give a rats ass... but as it turns out, the Celtic are in top spot, and will likley be in this playoff.... My appologies to the people of TTP for asking some questions on where to locate the "written proof" of this.... it's not that I disbelieve these 3, it's that I'd like to see it for myself... things have changed from year to year to improve the way things are run in the Valley.... is it unreasonable to think they might have again changed this season as well?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
guru said:
So Dude, what's up with the piss on my questions... should I have asked via PM instead? ? I'll admit at the onset I thought it was just the bottom team in div 1, then a round robin with the 9th place, but jumpin fcuk, I let that go and just wanted some questions answered about confirmation! If the Celtic were in 4th place again like last year, I'd be keeping my mouth shut, cuz I wouldn't give a rats ass... but as it turns out, the Celtic are in top spot, and will likley be in this playoff.... My appologies to the people of TTP for asking some questions on where to locate the "written proof" of this.... it's not that I disbelieve these 3, it's that I'd like to see it for myself... things have changed from year to year to improve the way things are run in the Valley.... is it unreasonable to think they might have again changed this season as well?

In your sleep, do you hear a funny tune? Goes something like this:

doo doo...doo doo...doo doo doo doo doo......doo doo...doo doo...doo dooo doo.....doo doo...doo doo...doo doo doo doo...BOING!...doo doo dooo dooo

Attachments

• jackjester.jpg
    jackjester.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 44

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
In your sleep, do you hear a funny tune? Goes something like this:

doo doo...doo doo...doo doo doo doo doo......doo doo...doo doo...doo dooo doo.....doo doo...doo doo...doo doo doo doo...BOING!...doo doo dooo dooo
Nope.... and you missed a "doo" right before "BOING"
But I do hear the words:

All around the cobbler's bench
The monkey chased the weasel
The monkey thought 'twas all in fun
Pop -- goes the weasel!
A penny for a spool of thread
A penny for a needle
That's the way the money goes
Pop -- goes the weasel!

Status
Not open for further replies.