Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL Div. 2] Results and Banter ~ Jan '06

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfman

Nov 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuk, I havent been on ttp for months...

Your playing with the Tigers Rob? Hows that going?

Great intense game yesterday against LUFC, our backline had a few mental fckups...our player coach cried a bit...lol...and it was a rough one... i have a bruised knee, sprained ankle, slightly bruised calf & swollen nuts!

It was really fckin cold too, which made losing just that much more fun:rolleyes:

Looking forward to our cup game this weekend!

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
canuckboy said:
Interesting JTL while I do agree Celtic are an excellent team, and I wouldn't be surprised if they decide to stay in div 2. Your claim they they are the best team in Div 2 is a bit of a stretch.

No stretch... we would likely be the best team in Div 1 as well...

canuckboy said:
At the begining of the season Celtic was talking about absolutely walking away with 2c. Domination? Hardly. 6 or 7 1 goal victories, and while the WEEK 15 win against Delta puts them in the drivers seat, I'll bet not one player on Celtic are looking past a skilled Arsernal team.
Arsenal ARE the next strongest team, but are no match for the Celtic.

canuckboy said:
I don't mind them in 2c, played with half thier team at one time or another, and when Guru doesn't think I'm the devil incarnate i get along with them quite well.

I'm just not going to bet them any more ****in beer.

You're on the wrong page here C'Boy, I don't think anything of the sort. It's all a piss take here isn't it? I do think you get a little carried away on the field. You do have a tendancy to not care about life and limb for anyone, or even for yourself... but that's nothing against you personally at all.... it's just the way you play.... full out.

canuckboy said:
Don't give me that shite skytrain. Teams don't tone their game down when they are up by a single goal. No team, in any league. Two goals mabye, if its the Titans. That's why your 7 wins by one goal illustrates the fact you don't quite outclass this division as much as you think you do. You won 2C. Great. Bully for you.

PS Tell guru to put in a couple more for us if we meet you in the cup :)

We don't tone our game down at all whenwe get up.... as a matter of fact, we play like shite for the majority of the game, then come on when we're down... Against the Bank, we played like zombies, and let them dominate the 1st half. The second have they scored early, and we woke up and scored back right away.... from then on it was bye bye Bank! If they had have waited till 10 minute to final time, the score would have been 2 - 1 for us, because we'd run out of time. The 1st game this year against Langley, we dominated, yet didn't have the inclination to pop 1 in, and LUFC scored with less than 5 left, and we never got 1. However, after they scored, they rarely touched the ball other than to kick it back into play. It's like that in every game.

We don't outclass anyone with our play, in fact, I think we embarass ourselves quite often.

I'll tell you one thing though, we would be close to top of Div 1 if we played a starting 11 each and every game. However, we play equal time, and rotate starting line ups week to week. It's even that way as well. No point in having a starting 11 in Div 2 unless your objective is to make it to Div 1. That may happen, but it's not our focus. Our focus is on team rounds. Like skytrain said, it's more of a laugher when we get a goal against, because it doesn't mean anything to us. That may sound unusual, and maybe even difficult to believe, but it's the truth. Case in point was against your team when I ripped one to the top corner of our own net.... I said before I went on that if it got late, and Poco hadn't scored yet, I was going to pot one in my own goal.... it's the only way I'd score this year.... To date, I'm 1 up on the best player on our team/club... Sorry Mac!!!! Even Frodo and Shifty have one now.... better get a move on!!!! Everyone who doesn't score this year owes a team round!!!! Own goals count!!!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0