Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 FVSL Div. 2 results and banter: March '05

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hurricane Power

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hurricanes 5 Clones 0

We clinched 1st in Div 2B and a spot in the playoff promotions. The score in this game is not really reflective of the play though. The Clones once again played us really well and it was a tight game till midway in the 2nd half. We were up 1-0 at the half and about 15 mins into the 2nd half, the Clones lost their composure for about 5 mins. They gave up 2 PKs and their goalie took a red card. We only scored on one of the Pks to go up 2-0 but it really swung momentum in our favour and we went on to the 5-0 win. The Clones had several chances in this game with the score 0-0 and only 1-0 for us. Our keeper, as he has done all year, made the clutch saves we needed. I believe he robbed Curious early with the score 1-0. Lots of credit to the Clones as they played hard and well, if they could have buried one of their chances, things could have been very interesting...

We also want to congratulate Poco on a fine season. I know there was a lot of bad blood b/w us on the field, but you guys really deserve credit for the season you had. Losing only 1 league game and 2 games overall in a season is a heck of an accomplishment. We went 12-0-1 after the 3rd game of the season and it STILL took us till the very last game to clinch 1st place. You guys pushed us all year and forced us to play at a high level week after week. We haven't got to Div 1 yet, but we sure had to earn a spot in the promotion playoffs. Good luck to you guys next year.

redwoods

Oct 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hurricane Power said:
Hurricanes 5 Clones 0

We also want to congratulate Poco on a fine season. I know there was a lot of bad blood b/w us on the field, but you guys really deserve credit for the season you had. Losing only 1 league game and 2 games overall in a season is a heck of an accomplishment. We went 12-0-1 after the 3rd game of the season and it STILL took us till the very last game to clinch 1st place. You guys pushed us all year and forced us to play at a high level week after week. We haven't got to Div 1 yet, but we sure had to earn a spot in the promotion playoffs. Good luck to you guys next year.

Well done to the Hurricanes...I was hoping for a different outcome tonight so we could play you again and redeem ourseleves after that brutal cup game(still not sure what hapenned there) but you went out and took care of business and that should be rewarded. I truly think with a few additions and some experience you guys will shock some teams in Div 1 next year. It's tough to take losing only 1 league game and not being in your position but as have said before too many ties to bottom feeders cost us. I think you guys are very deserving of the promotion. Good luck in the playoff even though I know you will do well.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to all three of the teams who took top spot in the 3 groups of div 2. Delta, SFC, and ER.
The playoff format really sux here. 8 or more teams from Div 3 last year get promoted to Div 2 WHITHOUT earning it, and one of these top teams in Div 2 who earned it, will most likely not makie promotion, pretty tough to swallow.

No more make up games scheduled on the FVSL website. Does anyone know if these are going to be played?

I would expect to see all TTPer's in the beer gardens for the Cup games on Sunday... Tax return isn't what I expected this year, I'll need someone(s) to by me many beer!

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
guru said:
I would expect to see all TTPer's in the beer gardens for the Cup games on Sunday... Tax return isn't what I expected this year, I'll need someone(s) to by me many beer!
that is what the Snowman is for... :D

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Argyle said:
that is what the Snowman is for... :D
The Snowman will be playing in the final... he can't be buying me mmmbeer while he's on the park! I need a "pinch hitter" to tide me over 'till he finishes hoising the Pak mug, then chips another tooth on a champagne bottle... then he'll join me. Even then, he'll be axing me to buy him some mmmbeer.... that lush!!

Yoda.. where were you Wednesday night?

makaveli

Feb 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to the Hurricanes. As was said it would have been cool to have played you guys in a playoff, just because, but you guys deserve what you get. You'll have no prob in the playoff games. I think 2b was the tougher side although i think the top teams from the other divs. are good teams too. But the hurricanes on are a mission. We'll regroup our squad and freshen things up and come out even harder next year. See some of you in summer, see the rest next year. :D

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
08star- put a post in the surrey/north delta now for monday in the classified section. we're all dying to hear what you thought of this matchup and your chances of promotion.

Hurricane Power

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree it is tough to only lose 1 game and not get a chance in the playoffs. I think it would have been better to have one division 2 as then the top 3 teams, period would have made the playoff. The race would have been that much more interesting. Problem is with expansion of Div 2 to 27 teams, that is simply not possible. You guys have a good team and move the ball around well. The 7-0 games isn't a reflection on your team's season, but I think was a game where we came out hungrier and with a bigger chip on our shoulders. We played our best game of the season that day and you guys had a subpar game. You guys will be the favourites to come out of Div 2 next year along with the ND Titans and whoever doesn't qualify for Div 1 in the playoffs...

Walls, 08Star has kept his word and left the forum. Problem is now he has all that built up trash talk inside of him, and we have to hear it every practice. He gives me a headache every practice! :D

redwoods said:
Well done to the Hurricanes...I was hoping for a different outcome tonight so we could play you again and redeem ourseleves after that brutal cup game(still not sure what hapenned there) but you went out and took care of business and that should be rewarded. I truly think with a few additions and some experience you guys will shock some teams in Div 1 next year. It's tough to take losing only 1 league game and not being in your position but as have said before too many ties to bottom feeders cost us. I think you guys are very deserving of the promotion. Good luck in the playoff even though I know you will do well.

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hurricane Power said:
Walls, 08Star has kept his word and left the forum. Problem is now he has all that built up trash talk inside of him, and we have to hear it every practice. He gives me a headache every practice! :D

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!
i feel sorry for you ;) .

This Bud's 4 You

Mar 10, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
whack, hurricane power and any other hurricanes that would know...from what i heard...all those youngsters that u have coming to u next year have said that they will not play with u guys if u stay in FVSL DIV 1??....and also i have heard that they are all playing at kwantlen next year...i have seen them play first hand and they are university calibre players so why arent they playin for universities?...2 questions i was hoping u guys could answer...thanks

whack

Feb 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
There is no truth to that rumour. As far as i know, the youngsters will be staying with us once their university and college soccer is over, however if we do not get promoted into div 1, then we may have a problem. As for what they will be doing in september, I agree they should all be playing university soccer, however some of them want to go to college first for academic reasons, being as it is eaiser to start in college then transfer to university. But don't think many of them have kwantlen listed as their first priority for colleges.

Hurricane Power

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
There are always rumours about us, but when I ask any of our guys, they are all based on guys simply trying to recruit them. From the time we put this team together, most people thought we wouldn't last and would amalgamate into Akal or some other bigger Indo Canadian Club. None of that has happenend and there is no plans for that to happen. We have had offers to amalgamate into VMSL Div 1 or even Premier teams, but we have declined after discussing those options as a team. If we don't get to Div 1, then I know we will have some issues as a team as I'm not sure the majority of guys, young or old, are prepared to play another year in Div 2. Right now our focus is on gettin to Div 1 and that's all we are thinkin about. As for the kids going to College, some of them have "academic issues" that will prevent them from playing for University teams next year and they will play at College instead. One will play University for sure though. Hope that answers your questions. Just realize that these rumours of players leaving for bigger Clubs have been around since we put the team together. Until our guys actually start leaving, they are rumours and nothing more. By the way, Gary is coming back next year as well if we get to Div 1...

This Bud's 4 You said:
whack, hurricane power and any other hurricanes that would know...from what i heard...all those youngsters that u have coming to u next year have said that they will not play with u guys if u stay in FVSL DIV 1??....and also i have heard that they are all playing at kwantlen next year...i have seen them play first hand and they are university calibre players so why arent they playin for universities?...2 questions i was hoping u guys could answer...thanks

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
We have to play our first promotion game on on thursday. We were just told on monday, thanks for all the notice. Fukcin bush league, we just had a overtime game and are hurting for bodies. We have something like 5 or 6 starters who are either not playing or very questionable including myself and blaz. It's nice that other teams have been able to rest while we have 3 days notice to get off work and 4 days of rest. Then we apparently have another game on the weekend. 3 games in 1 week absolute fukcin bush league. I wish they could get their shite together for something this important, we don't even get a chance to have everybody get off work, or have sufficient rest.

redwoods

Oct 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
We have to play our first promotion game on on thursday. We were just told on monday, thanks for all the notice. Fukcin bush league, we just had a overtime game and are hurting for bodies. We have something like 5 or 6 starters who are either not playing or very questionable including myself and blaz. It's nice that other teams have been able to rest while we have 3 days notice to get off work and 4 days of rest. Then we apparently have another game on the weekend. 3 games in 1 week absolute fukcin bush league. I wish they could get their shite together for something this important, we don't even get a chance to have everybody get off work, or have sufficient rest.

Who are you playing?

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
We have to play our first promotion game on on thursday.3 games in 1 week absolute fukcin bush league.

I have to agree, 'jive. That's a bit rough, and while I realise all this has to be done by the end of April, it really should wait at least a week, considering that two of the four teams haven't had to play for a couple of weeks. Just add this scheduling debacle to the list of things the FVSL has mucked up this season...actually, considering it in that terms, are any of us really surprised?
:rolleyes:

~Shaven

P.S. Good luck to all in the promotion/relegation rounds, and hope the matches are clean and well-played. On a homer note, good luck to NDFC to represent 2A in Div. 1 next year. :wa:

Hurricane Power

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
We've been doing the 2 games a week for the last month or so. It's unfortunate, but the league has to get things done in a hurry and the rain outs screwed things up and created a lot of makeup games. We played on a Tuesday, then played our Cup game against you guys on a Sunday, and then played the same week on the Thursday...We had to win both Tues and Thurs games to clinch 1st place. It sucks, but it will give you guys a chance to vent some frustrations from your loss on Sunday...I expect you guys will do quite well although I don't know anything about Port Moody. Does anyone know anything about Eagleride Hades? They are our 1st opponent in the playoffs.

bulljive said:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0