Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 FVSL Div. 2 results and banter: March '05

Status
Not open for further replies.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blahzay said:
Sorry you had to watch our game last night, it was the most quiet and least intense match I've watched in a while. We only played 4 starters the majority of the night for cautionary reasons, such as yellow cards and injuries in prelude to the cup finals next week. Their keeper is probably the best one we've faced all year. As for Eagleridge's version of soccer, they put 8 players inside their own 18 and force you to shoot it from outside knowing that their keeper will save it, when we played them in the cup it was 0-0 at half and they were just playing for PK's. They do have a good team and are deserving of a tie for 2nd place if the Titans won today. Even though the game didn't have any meaning it still hurts to see our 14 game winning streak come to an end, congrats ERU. Hey CK, since you used to play for that club, who is better between United and the Hades?

What are you sorry for? You guys were still moving the ball around very well and I figured you would rest players in a mean nothing game. I just found Dopeashell funny when he was going on and on about how they didn't play soccer and didn't cross center. What would you do Doppie if you played against a better team were leading 1-0 and had only 11 players? Just curious.

Blazhay was that you that had that shot saved that looked like it was gonna go in under the bar?

Also I played for this team about six years ago now back when there was still an u-19 div and it was their last youth year. They are still the same core group from when I played and about half the team is from after I played. I haven't seen any of their games this year and the Hades are a pretty good squad as well. I can't say which is better since like I said I've only seen about 40 mins of United play this year. I can say that I might play for the Hades next year, but that is undecided as of yet.

Again you guys played a good game and were unlucky. Also you should move up in this playoff and do well in div 1.

B

Blahzay

Champlain's Keeper said:
Blazhay was that you that had that shot saved that looked like it was gonna go in under the bar?
No, I only played the first 10 minutes my quad was acting up.

deleted-dope

Not Bright
Jan 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
hey bud...i would keep playing soccer...thats what id do if i were up one with 11 players...but honestly let this be the end of it all..dont care about that game anymore anyways..just worried about next week...thanks for your opinions i hold them very close to my heart as i totally care what you have to say...enjoy watching our final....out

Bluenose

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
We didnt play today due to a lack of players being available and I do not know if our coach forfeited or otherwise, irregardless, we beat er twice, once with half our team, all of whom excluding myself being hungover.

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes the Titans forfieted our game against lowly Aldergrove today in a 2A make-up game. You are all shocked at how we would manage to lose 1-0 to them, but no we didn't...we gave them the 3 points. We have too many injuries and had too many other missing bodies away camping to be able to play. There was no point taking a depleted squad all the way out to the middle of nowhere to play a meaningless game when the cup is just a week away.

Bring on the cup final in a week, can't wait.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have to share a thought on all this forfeit business...I think its bush league. I do understand that at times shite happens, but in all seriousness are we expected to believe that in an instance such as the Titans/Alder match, with a club as large as ND's, that the Titans could not wrestle together 14 players to play the match? Somehow I have trouble believing this. Sour grapes on my part, perhaps a little as the Rippers debacle has cost my squad a match this season, without even a chance at a makeup game, nor have we received the points! It seems to me that 'forfeiting' due to injuries :rolleyes:, 'camping' :rolleyes:, and who-knows-what-else has become vogue this season, and I for one am disgusted by it. I'll say this about the NDFC game...it was a meaningless game for them, but at least they showed up and made ER earn the three points, rather than making excuses and bailing on their committment to the Division and the League. At the end of the day, it makes the standings extremely suspect, as the Rippers, Abbotsford, now the Titans and perhaps more I'm forgetting are guilty of this shite. No room for this at all, JMO.

~Shaven

Bluenose

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I totally agree with you on the forfeiting side of things, shaven. As I had posted, I had no idea what the situation was when I receieved the phone call stating that the game was cancelled. Finding out that we forfeited to Aldergrove is a kick in the teeth and I am quite disappointed that we did. As for our club being large enough, there is only one team below us to pick up players from, and we do not necessarily get along with them after the fiasco of an exihibiton game we had in January. There were a lot of guys, including myself, that had to work yesterday, and with our team being so young, soccer is not the first priority. I do not know how long you stayed at the semi finals but we picked up more than a few injuries in the second half. 3/4 on the back line either picked up a knock or agrivated one they already had, 2 of our midfielders were injured, and our keep took a knee to the head. Already we are down 7 players, not including those working, or the fact that it's easter sunday. If we could have had this game scheduled after the cup was over or even a midweek game, we could have done it, and I have no idea what effort was put in to get that done.

B

Blahzay

Looks like the Titans forfeit has cost WRU 6th place eh shaven :D but it probably cost them a chance for a spot at provincials too. If ND did get the win from Aldergrove they would have secured 2nd place 'cause of their season series against the Royals and ERU. The Titans could've made the argument that they made the cup finals and finished 2nd behind the "best team in the league" :cool: NDFC and they should get the 2nd provincial berth, but not anymore. Personally I think NDFC and the Hurricanes will represent the FVSL lovely and if their is a 3rd berth I'm not sure who will get it now, Hades or Poco United. :confused:

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blahzay said:
Looks like the Titans forfeit has cost WRU 6th place eh shaven :D

...6th place???...oh, to dream of what might have been...

... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:...

...judging by the way our season went, Blahz, stepping on the pitch out in ERidge for week one cost us 6th place. :eek:

:D

~Shaven

Bluenose

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
provincials were never a realistic goal at the beginning of the year and we werent even considering trying for a place at it as it is obvious that the hurricanes would represent fvsl much better than us. for us, league was over somewhere around when cup play started and its gotten us to a position to be proud of especially considering we still have a lot of years together to go.

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
you should always achieve the best you can. even with the battle we had in december, my squad still would've supported you guys in assisting to get you to provincials, but i recieved no phone call???? i also think that a younger team would be able to feild a team easier than an older team would. do any of you guys have kids, live on your own or pocess a stable, real job. you guys just rolled over and died with a shot of going to provincials, and that i cannot understand. i have about 18 healthy guys that would have played and probably 6-8 that would improve your team.

Bluenose

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
we do want to achieve our best and that was not was i was stating, as for calling you guys, i only found out sat afternoon that we would not be playing on sun and i dont make the calls, jimmy does. as for it being easier for a younger team to be able to play, it, like most things, relies on work schedule, school responsibilities, and family committments. i cant speak for others on my team, but mine is completely random as to when i will be working, it isnt set in stone. 6-8 guys? maybe 4-6 as our starting 11 is solid outside of the two strikers. im just as frustrated as anyone on our team and i have to defend our coach's actions regardless. he knew what the situation was and didnt act accordingly nor was he in communication with us until the last minute when it was too late. that part is irrefutable. all i can say is, he unfortunately did what he thought was best, im sure someone wille expand on that

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
what the fukc are you guys talking about they never had a shot at provincials. why would they take a second place team go when their are 3 teams that have come in first. The league stated they wanted a team that showed consistent play all season. With that it should be us and the hurricanes. If we lost in the semi's and the titans came second and were in the final should they go over us? give your heads a shake fukcin ridiculous.

Bluenose

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
who said it should be us and the hurricanes, instead of you and the hurricanes? i believe i said the hurricanes would be better representatives than us

LittleKeeper

Nov 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
What the hell? I guess this means we are not going to provincials. Oh well, for haalf the guys on our team, it is probably a relief. Our team does need to start having a serious commitment or we won't go anywhere. Near the end of the first half, I went to 4 practices ion a row in which 2guys showed up, i showed up, 2 guys showed up, and 3 guys showed up. I was very pissed and nearly transferred of the team and on to the CAT team becasue of it. It is has been better as we have gone through the cup, but it's difficult to be on a team that has players that don't really give a shite.

B

Blahzay

bulljive said:
what the fukc are you guys talking about they never had a shot at provincials. why would they take a second place team go when their are 3 teams that have come in first. The league stated they wanted a team that showed consistent play all season. With that it should be us and the hurricanes. If we lost in the semi's and the titans came second and were in the final should they go over us? give your heads a shake fukcin ridiculous.
If the Titans win the cup I'm sure they will be at the provincials . . . you better back that shite up bulljive. :D ;)

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guarantee they won't be at provincials. you can only bring 18 guys too provincials, and I am sure they will have a few guys injured, working or on vacation. how are they supposed to make their line changes then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0