Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 FVSL Div. 2 results and banter: March '05

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wolves 2 Langley 3

No keeper today but our defense men did a job between the pipes, we played a very lazy first half and where down 3-0.....totally dominated them in the second but came up short. Dislocated finger....****ed up ankle and only 1 goal not a very good day today.

Not the way I wanted to end the year in my final game :(

Sheep

Nov 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Franchise, It gets even better as one of their mini vans was driving away they were honking and fingering us. Also they left a pile of garbage on the field. But thats it, Im not talking about the game anymore. They will be in div1 next year and we will be in div2 so both teams will never have to see each other ever again. End of story.

Oh just one more thing 08star, how is Dorothy with the red boots feeling today.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
There will be no calling out players by their given names on this site, unless it is done in context and is not associated with threats, negativity or anything of that ilk. It is in poor taste, and can have far too many negative concequences. First names are acceptable, and only if part of a discussion invloving people in the know about that player.

As for the 'canes and Tigers issue, it is an unfortunate happening to be sure. Whatever the accurate account is, I don't want to see any more banter about it after tonight until the discipline is handed out on Wednesday, assuming it gets dealt with this week. Any further posts regarding it, by anyone, occurring before the discipline will be deleted by me, no questions asked, and there just may be some 'forced hiatuses' in the offing as a result. This is obviously a very complicated and delicate situation, and one that does not need any more fuel added to an already out-of-control fire. Use some judgement lads, so I don't have to.

Threats and such are waaaaaay O.B., and you all know that, so knock it off.

~Shaven

Hurricane Power

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to NDFC on officially winning 2A. That means in all likelihood you have secured a birth in the Provincials. From what I am hearing, if the FVSL is granted 3 spots as they were last year, then the 3 division winners will go. If FVSL is only given 2 spots, then the League is not sure how they will decide. If they can get the promotion tourney in before they have decide who goes, then it will be those 2 teams, otherwise they will have to come up with some other method. They don't want to base it on Cup only as they want to reward teams for a consistent year and not just a hot run during Cup time.

bulljive said:
NDFC 6-0 Aldergrove

Div 2a champs.. doesn't sound like much to me either

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hurricane Power said:
From what I am hearing, if the FVSL is granted 3 spots as they were last year, then the 3 division winners will go. If FVSL is only given 2 spots, then the League is not sure how they will decide.

If only two spots are granted, then its my opinion that of the three division winners, the two squads with the best records (total points) should go. That points to consistency, and seems to me to be the only fair way to decide who's left out. Not ideal, but fair.

~Shaven

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why is everyone sooo way off.....the cup winner gets an automatic berth (Delta Fc) then the two other div winners get to go because Delta is already going.....Fraser Valley gets three spots.

Sheep

Nov 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow Poco City shite the bed today against the Coyotes. This could prove to be costly for them as it now puts the Canes in the driver's seat to win the Div. As for the Canes tigers game no score was posted on FVSL site but Im sure once things are sorted out they will get the points. Looks like things will go down to the wire to see who wins 2b.

Scoop Dawg

Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Enough of this 60 year old man being called an old man, you guys are going to offend
the Clones. I think they have two or three 60 year olds on their team.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
shaven said:
If only two spots are granted, then its my opinion that of the three division winners, the two squads with the best records (total points) should go. That points to consistency, and seems to me to be the only fair way to decide who's left out. Not ideal, but fair.

~Shaven

Can't go by that.... 3 groups means they play completely different teams. Also, groups C plays more games. Also can't go by cup winner yet... it could be someone other than the top in each group.

Maybe it should be the team with the most ties :D - DFC and Ald Warriors -

thedude

Jun 4, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I find it quite amazing that the word class and classless comes up so much in this game of Soccer/Football. Sure a game can get chippy between two players and there can be words exchanged between players during a game, however when a team is beating another team, it is up to team that is winning team to set the tone for the game.

When you start to verbally antagonize a team and add insults to a game you will surely win, you are basically just adding fuel to a fire. In essence you are setting the stage for a breakdown of the game. The control of the game is in the hands of the winning team and it is up to them to maintain control of the game.

This is where the word class comes into play. The winning team always sets the tone for a game and when the winning team sets a classless tone for the game with banter on and more significantly off the field with coaches, subs and spectators yelling continuous derogatory statements from the sidelines there can be only one result.

Class, it is a term that is seldom used in soccer in its proper context. Without it we players will continue to be hooligans playing a gentleman's game.

Later.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Franchise said:
Congrats on Port Moody winning div 2c.....good luck in your journey to Div 1!

I is confused :confused: Hades has 2 left.... Coq. and GEU.... Unless they don't show up, they should take both, but need at least a win and a tie, that would wrap it up....(a win and a loss would make a 1st place tie)
The record between each of them is 1 - 1 with the same goal difference.
That would mean there would be a playoff between them.

PM.... Don't hang up the boots just yet.

Here are the tie breaker rules (there is no provision for W's) :
I can only find a provision for Premier and Div one.... but they should use the same for other divisions... unless someone can find where it states otherwise.

*** http://www.fraservalleysoccer.com/constitution.htm

2(d) At the completion of the schedule, promotion / relegation between Premier Division and Division One will be determined by a two game playoff between the highest placed team in Division One and the lowest placed team in the Premier Division.

The team having the highest number of points in each of the divisions of the League shall be declared the winner in the respective division. In the event of a tie in points, the position of the teams will be determined in the following order:

(i) record against the other team or teams; or, if still tied

(ii) goals for and against versus the other team or teams; or, if still tied

(iii) a playoff between the team or teams.

Hurricane Power

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nothing is automatic Franchise. In talking to the league, we were told there is not necessarily an automatic berth for the Cup winner. It is more probable that each of the Division winners will go if 3 spots are granted. FVSL is only officially granted 2 spots as the 3rd was granted last year as someone from another region dropped out. So there may be a 3rd spot, but that is not guaranteed.

The Franchise said:
Why is everyone sooo way off.....the cup winner gets an automatic berth (Delta Fc) then the two other div winners get to go because Delta is already going.....Fraser Valley gets three spots.

Slider

Sep 28, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, whatever pressure was on the Canes is now offically off. Congrat's. I wouldnt say we shite the bed against the Coyotes, that wouldnt be fair to them. They came in with seemingly little to play for and did a great job, we only had a handful of scoring chances, and their big fella in net showed some great hands. We probably shoulda put the game away but... we have no excuse, we were pretty healthy, missed just a couple bodies. One more game and a few more beers. :(

deleted-dope

Not Bright
Jan 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hurricane Power said:
Nothing is automatic Franchise. In talking to the league, we were told there is not necessarily an automatic berth for the Cup winner. It is more probable that each of the Division winners will go if 3 spots are granted. FVSL is only officially granted 2 spots as the 3rd was granted last year as someone from another region dropped out. So there may be a 3rd spot, but that is not guaranteed.

i got it all sorted..hurricanes should go and so should ndfc reguardless of cup play..if fraservalley want to represented well they should send their best two teams (and we all know who they are)...if they get a third spot then i dont know how they would decide who would go..

Sheep

Nov 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow that’s the most intelligent thing that has come out of dopie's mouth. I didn’t know that his brain actually worked.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
dopeashell said:
if they get a third spot then i dont know how they would decide who would go..

Oh, that's easy...WRU of course. :D :D :D :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

No, I'm kidding of course...agreed on the intelligence of Dope's suggestion though, quite right in his suggestion.

~Shaven

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0