Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL Div 2] Results and Banter - Nov. '04

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Blahzay

guru said:
Anyone who associates with a moron like this should be shitkicked as well!!!!

Hey Guru, I associate with bulljive, I'm a striker #15 for NDFC and we play ERU next weekend, check the FVSL website for the game time. It should be a close and entertaining match. :)

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Alright...time for me to step in. guru is blown down on the offside, way, way offside. Post deleted, and this topic is now buried. We don't need that kind of talk here, and in the past this type of bantering with rage and threats has lead to unfortunate incidents on the pitch. No need for that, and as I was bulljive's opponent today, and had the chance to meet him for the first time I can say that he indeed plays the game with class and skill. He tends to run off at the mouth a bit here, granted, but so do many others, including the guru apparently. bulljive's #10 was put up on the back caging to the side of one goal, and I thought nothing of that as his post earlier this week was indeed intended to get a rise out of me, and all in good TTP'ing. Let's all just calm down a bit and keep things impersonal...on to next week's matches. I wish to see no more posts about this.

08star

Feb 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well first thing is first, we won just like we said we would. I was not number 8 actually i was number 6, outside left d baby. Even if you siad i suckd assed i i wouldnt mind cause my team won 3-0 and thats all taht matters matters baby we're the best team in the this league period and thats the the truth cause we prove it week in week out.
bitter_cabbage said:
Two topics to cover here...

Firstly... All credit to the 'Canes. They deserved the win today. First goal was a top notch cracker that our keeper had no chance of seeing with that low sun. Dipping, diving shot that I'd challenge any keeper to save on any given day. Second goal was a lucky one when it deflected of our player's back from at about the 22 yard point to loop up and over our keeper who had the shot covered...until the deflection. Third goal...give me a break! Awful call by the ref. How is that a pass back when a guy sticks his foot in to cut out a pass into the middle well outside the 18 and it pops way up in the air toward the goal line. Believe me...that guy does not have the skill to do that (no offense to our player!). We had some chances but couldn't put it away. Their keeper played well. I'll give the 'Canes the credit. They're much younger, quicker, and definitely the most skilled team in the league. Still have some things to learn which will come with a few years in the league. Look for them to be a good Div 1 team in the upcoming years.

Secondly... 08Star, I'm going to "assume" that you wear the #8 jersey. If so, you're play on the field has a way to go to catch up with your TTP posts. I made a point of trying to figure out who you were. If I'm correct, well... :rolleyes:

To the 'Canes... Once again, all the credit on a well deserved win. Your guys showed class on the field, not letting the first game taint the way the game was played. Good luck... You've got your own fate in your hands. All we can hope for is a tie for you down the stretch and for us to win the rest of our games. The way you've been doing lately, dropped points will be a welcomed surprise. As for us... We need to re-address our recent play, which has left us in this predicament and go about our business for the remainder. Whatever happens - we'll have a good time and continue to enjoy the post-game beers!

Soccer Mom

Nov 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
damn son, looks like i missed out on all the action tonight. maybe it was for the better? anyone wanna tell me how that goon guru ever got modded? and why the fukc didn't he get banned by some higher authority? that was really uncalled for. i guess old age REALLY is getting to him. :eek: hope i helped the situation

Shifty_dwarf

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know were supposed to drop this but i gotta spout,
It was offside, I think. Guru went off the deepend on that one. but Bull, it did sound hugely disrespectful to me, to use something like hanging a jersey in honour as a source for ribbing. thats not what I consider good TTPing
though Im sure every team did their part in honouring #10 at the pitch, and Im sure there was no malice intent in the comment by bull. but it was in bad form.
Guru has always been a tactful class act on the pitch, and if you look back on his past posts, they've all been in good taste--part of the reason i think hes still posting. im sure everyone of signifigance here has had a good time at one point or another bantering back and forth with the guru, and that should count for some credit. Hes been a good guy and a class act as far as Ive known, I don't know what was going through his head when he wrote that--I intend to find out.

dopeashell said:
[...to guru] i new you were a nobody...
...out.......

by the way, dope, we're all nobodies. This is div 2, not world cup.
and "out"...lame. remind anyone of secrest?
secrest-out.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guru is not a moderator here, not sure why anyone would have that impression?

As for his rant, to be honest, I can see where he was coming from as shifty dwarf explained above. I think there's a little bit of being offside by both parties...

Everyone blows a fuse once in awhile on TTP, saying shite they shouldn't or taking issue with something that really wasn't meant to be taken in a bad way... expressing yourself properly through words is a tough go, believe me, I know :rolleyes:

Thing is that after awhile you'll each get to know one another a little bit better and actually come to respect each other's views. That's actually when the best piss-taking will occur - those good-natured piss-takes that reference episodes that everyone wishes didn't take place.

Anyways, not only is it Div 2 soccer, it's the FVSL we're talking about here - you're lucky we even have a forum for you...

:D

Cheers,

~Regs.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
Thing is that after awhile you'll each get to know one another a little bit better and actually come to respect each other's views. That's actually when the best piss-taking will occur - those good-natured piss-takes that reference episodes that everyone wishes didn't take place.

Anyways, not only is it Div 2 soccer, it's the FVSL we're talking about here - you're lucky we even have a forum for you...

~Regs.

Speaking of good-natured piss-takes and the FVSL blah blah blah:

Hey... your lucky WE are here, after all I believe the FVSL has surpassed the VMSL in postings. Soon there will be no bandwidth left for you and your lot Regs... :wa:

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well with that regs aparently I don't know where the line is so to avoid offending anyone I am just going to stop talking on ttp. I don't know what about that has anything to do with disrepect and since I have no idea i will just avoid this teen chat line all together. I must say from, last year this website has gone downhill in terms of banter it was always good hearted no real harm intended. Now if I even take the piss out of someone I am some cokcy ashole who takes it to far..and I am not referring to the jersey comment. Itleast last year the knights were entertaining the whole celtic team has come on here and ruined it. They need there own thread "CELTIC WANKERS." How can you all take a message board so seriously its a message board if you want to threaten me guru don't hide behind your computer. I would never come on to the field of play or upon "REAL LIFE" introduction intentionally hurt someone because of this website. I feel thats the way this site is going and I think its ridiculous. SECREAST OUT....

Sheep

Nov 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
shaven said:
We don't need that kind of talk here, and in the past this type of bantering with rage and threats has lead to unfortunate incidents on the pitch.

Since when has anything said here ever boiled down on the field? I havent seen it yet. I think the bigger idiot you are on here the more the other team wants to to come out and prove you wrong and beat you. Guru I read your post, you are an idiot. I think we can all agree with that.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Early.....maybe but I have things to do

Dewdney FC Celtic Delta Metro Utd. 2-2 draw weakness of the Delta goalie is the only reason this is a tie.

Peace Arch Selects GEU Wolves 5-1 Seems like Peach Arch has given up

Eagleridge Hades Whalley Utd. Whalley 2-1....Utd. is a solid team and will bounce back this week.

LUFC Dynamo Coq. City Arsenal Arsenal seems to only score on the Celtic this one won't be close in play but the score might be closer 3-0.

Port Moody Lions PoCo City Athletic Moody is back on the turf and is a different team in this environment look for a strong outting for Jonny and number #17 (solid player). Lions 3-1 over Poco

Good luck next week everyone!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well with that regs aparently I don't know where the line is so to avoid offending anyone I am just going to stop talking on ttp.
Don't be such a girl about it :rolleyes: As I tried to say, someone took your post the wrong way and blew a fuse. I don't recall saying you didn't know where the line was.

Now if you truly feel that this site has gone to shite, please, by all means, private message myself with your concerns... that goes for anyone in here.

Cheers,

~Regs.

Soccer Mom

Nov 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
hey bulljive/blahzay/hoodrat....told you you boys wouldn't get more than two against WRU. from what i read it sounds like you should've, tough luck lads. got one more goal than the royals this weekend :(

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
Don't be such a girl about it :rolleyes: As I tried to say, someone took your post the wrong way and blew a fuse. I don't recall saying you didn't know where the line was.

Now if you truly feel that this site has gone to shite, please, by all means, private message myself with your concerns... that goes for anyone in here.

Cheers,

~Regs.

I'm with Regs here, no one accused you of not knowing where to draw the line. It's been dealt with, and we all need to move on and have more fun with this. Actually, lately, and the recent kerfuffle not withstanding, it has been fun and enjoyable. Let's keep that up. :D Stop being such a baby bulljive...is this going to be a monthly ritual for you? :rolleyes:

~Shaven

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Soccer Mom said:
hey bulljive/blahzay/hoodrat....told you you boys wouldn't get more than two against WRU. from what i read it sounds like you should've, tough luck lads. got one more goal than the royals this weekend :(
Well, at least WRU is getting credit for something on here...good call Mom, looks like you were right again. :D ...we've 'shaved' down our goals against in recent games. :eek:

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
shaven said:
Alright...time for me to step in. guru is blown down on the offside, way, way offside. Post deleted, and this topic is now buried. We don't need that kind of talk here, and in the past this type of bantering with rage and threats has lead to unfortunate incidents on the pitch. No need for that, and as I was bulljive's opponent today, and had the chance to meet him for the first time I can say that he indeed plays the game with class and skill. He tends to run off at the mouth a bit here, granted, but so do many others, including the guru apparently. bulljive's #10 was put up on the back caging to the side of one goal, and I thought nothing of that as his post earlier this week was indeed intended to get a rise out of me, and all in good TTP'ing. Let's all just calm down a bit and keep things impersonal...on to next week's matches. I wish to see no more posts about this.
For Bulljive:

I have no idea what type of person you are, you could be the classiest guy in the world, and according to your mates, you are.... I won't argue that point. I apologize to you for my post. It was WAY over the top. I was a little pissed (beverage wise) when I wrote it... so I guess that contributed to the many "!!!" and hollow threats. Not that I'm retracting my disdain for what you wrote, I just don't think it deserved the rant I spewed forth. I over reacted. Period. What you said I interpreted to being VERY disrespectful, to someone I feel was one of the great role models for our youth. Dom was first class in every way, and he gave every spare moment of his time back to the community. He's a hometown hero to many here.
Your comment: If they are hung on the netting I will just keep knocking them down when i score ...
This is what tripped me off, it sounded extremely ****y, callous and poorly thought out. Your comment trivialized a tribute to a man I have the utmost respect for. But judging by the reaction of your team-mates, and those who know you, you are a much different person than that. I concede then that this was not your intent, just that your post was poorly worded, and you did not intend it to be that way. My comment about “$hitkicking you for doing what you said, even if you were a team-mate” is still valid, however I now believe what you wrote wasn’t intended as disrespect, as I said, it was just poorly worded. I would not tolerate that type of disrespect from my own family. I’ve had some pretty harsh words with players on my own club for making unnecessary comments, and actions towards other teams, I’ve sent players off the park and benched them for verbally attacking opponents and refs. with comments which are in poor sportsmanship. I would deal with you, as a team mate no differently, were you to “mean” what you wrote. My threats were idle ones, and were as poor a choice of words as your post was.

For the rest of you who felt obligated to defend Bulls character, oddly enough, (and this is not sarcasm in any way), I appreciate your comments about his character. It explains that his post was not as it was writen.

For those who don’t know Bull, but felt it was necessary to call me names…. I suppose I deserved it.

For the moderators who had to step into to curtail an ugly situation, my apologies. TTP is not a place for this rant. Totally unacceptable on my part.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuking rights you fag. ;)

Hey Sheep,

Three points out of relegation and your centre backs are gaining a pound a day. What's the deal? Will the Tigers stay together if they are demoted or will the superstars disband and try their luck elsewhere?

Soccer Mom

Nov 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
that was nice of you guru, lets all say thanks and move on now. a great mom once said 'it's just a mesage board' :)

shaven said:
Well, at least WRU is getting credit for something on here...good call Mom, looks like you were right again. :D ...we've 'shaved' down our goals against in recent games. :eek:

yeah, i've definatly got NDFC's number, called the royals 2-1 win against them, and called their recent prediction of a fury of goals against WRU offside. i'm more concerned about the royals recent lack of production as a team though, not too sure what's going on with us.

Sheep

Nov 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Tigers will not dismantle next year. This team has been together longer than any other team in the FVSL and that will probably continue for many years to come. Yes our team weight is up this year and with all our training done indoors this year I dont know why that is. But after playing the Clones yesterday I see there are bigger teams out there. By seasons end I bet we climb up and finish in 4th place and win the Knights League Cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0