Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL Div. 2] Results & Banter - Oct. '05

Which table's standings will be the tightest, top to bottom, by month's end?

• 2A

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • 2B

Votes: 9 22.5%
  • 2C

Votes: 25 62.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cantuzzi said:
sixth place wow very generous look forward to playing you!

Well Cantuzzi most teams are as we seem to be the remedy for struggling teams :rolleyes: and I also said "I could be wrong" and "we the Rams will be trying not to get relegated" and I don't mean you guys are struggling you guys seem to be doing fine, it's us that are playing like shite :(

Anyone know how the White Rock/North Coquitlam game went?

dutch08

Sep 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Twa team turned out to be harder then i thought, i guess div 2 isnt a complete cake walk haha. Although on turf with a decent ref both teams should be able to admit it wouldve been a different game. Rough play is one thing, but the amount of late sliding tackles were unbelievable.... The ref was terrible both ways, he missed an offside goal on each team, and you simply cant call a handball on a tender outside his box from the other side of centre, espiecally on a feild like that. Kind of robbed the game from the Gunners, but the comeback by twas was a great effort, and both teasm were deserving of the point. It will be an interesting game next time, when Pomo has home feild advantage.

dutch08

Sep 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kevin Hector said:
Well I guess by LUFC winning 9-1 and the Gunners draw then, LUFC is now in first by scoring more goals?

We'll let them enjoy the next 4 days at the top of the table, i believe we play them on friday night under the lights at pomo. Should be a decent match, with the winner claiming top spot

Slider

Sep 28, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
DFC 4 Coq Arsenal 3
Coq came out running their asses off and were up 2-0 in the opening 15 minutes. DFC took off the blindfolds and tied it up at halftime, then popped 2 more to put things to bed until burying the worst own goal of all time with about 10 left to make for an almost exciting finish. Although Coq played pretty well, 9 times outta 10 they come away with 1 goal. Another 1 goal decision hopefully has convinced us that no teams will be showing up and giving us free wins, im almost certain that our pregame talk DID NOT HELP
"These guys are horrible! theyre even worse than the wolves!"
Not even close to accurate but whatever.
Its nice to know that if you play against a young team any tackle or 50/50 challenge will result in a free kick for the youth squad, meanwhile they can go into any challenge cleats up without having to worry about a yellow.
Fantastic.
Cheers to the 'nats for knocking off the leo's :D

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As reported Arsenal flew out of the gates Sunday night. Their second was highlight reel material, an absolute cracker from 20-25 yards out. Dewdney woke up and started to play better didn't play great by scored 4 nice goals.

Slider touched on it, what is the deal with the reffing?? This guy calls the 1st half so tight he had almost eliminated contact and then the second half he puts the whistle away. If you're a Virgin it ain't a foul, granted this worked well for Snowman but WTF?. A couple yellows for very little and a warning to the coach to take a player off, young guys with studs up and possilby double digits in fouls and not even a word?? Very Poor.

Could it be? Is Dewdney in first place? Yet to play well too, perhaps next week.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Incorrect Thread - MOTW next week has to be GEU v GEU

Sorry Shaven,

Next week, I can assume in front of a standing room only crowd, the Titans vs the Wolves - A full on battle for incompetency with the loser taking a firm grasp on the Pink Soccer Ball.

Sunday, Noon at New Hammond, the line up on the Fort Langley side will be huge.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kevin Hector said:
...you ask about Pomo well they are in my mind the best Team in 2a (sorry DUDE LUFC "A") but they are scary how fast they are and there touch on the ball is crazy and at top speed too...

No apology needed. We haven't seen these guys yet, and by all accounts, and by stats, they are very good. Being a bunch of old guys, speed isn't our game; we hope to rely on our sense for the game, smart play, etc.

Look forward to seeing what these guys are all about. There is always a team like this in Div. 2 or even 3...a group of very good U-21s who move into men's together, and haven't reached their peaks yet. Plus, I like their banter.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Steeped Thread

Wow...a lot to read through to get to the end, and I must say, didn't mind reading every post.

On the Aldergrove squad in Div. 2A...I see these guys as spoilers on any given game day. They are fit, and aggressive. As a whole, they are skillful enough to challenge for top 4. I see these guys taking points away from anyone ahead of them, including Pomo, Titans, and our squad, if we're not at our best when we face them.

On our game vs. the Coyotes...I think it was 8-1. The "1" should never have been, and we were still guilty of allowing them a couple of more scoring chances. Steve "the Garden Gnome" Vittesse with two big wins on challenges in the box, and they did shoot high on two or three other occasions.

That stated, we missed the net, no exaggeration, about 10 times in the 1st w/ clear goal scoring opportunities. Played pass w/ they're big keeper on about 8 more open opportunities. You give up that space and those chances in Prem, there is no missing. Not that our guys aren't very good strikers- they are- as they sorted themselves out in the 2nd. Hayes w/ 4, Colin w/ 1, and probably helped on all of Hayes'. Some guy with great hair and a magic left peg w/ two.

Soccer Mom

Nov 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
BlownByYou said:
wow i didn't realize 40 yard punts from your backline were classified as passes... yah... those cheap shots we were doing :rolleyes: you mean when we were trying to play soccer and some of your guys wanting to fight the team. yah... that really went both ways...

yeah, that's exactly what we must've been doing, trying to start fights, in the 2nd half when we scored 3 unanswered goals dumbass :rolleyes: clearly you guys weren't doing any better. i wouldn't go as far as saying we dominated the second half, but we definatly took more control of the game in that half over you guys. as for 40 yard punts, there was one player on our backline who was doing that because he couldn't be convinced that a quick passing game was working, our stopper and sweeper were bitching at each other all game about it.

anyways, it's done. didn't quite get the result we wanted or even could've had, we'll see you in PM.

jonny

Feb 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think walls said it right we never really threatend. Missing a spot kick for the second time in three games just rubish. they are a good team in the air and push well up the middle but they played defence for 40% of the first and 80% of the second. I think this team can do very well this year if they don't try to sit on a one goal lead for 60 minutes. Good game guys look forward to playing you again.
P.S. Im not one to dwell on things but I still think your goal was off side

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
jonny said:
P.S. Im not one to dwell on things but I still think your goal was off side
it was pretty close, but the ball looked like it came square across the goal mouth after a brilliant run by our center mid. 9 times out of 10 the goal will stand.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Incorrect Thread - MOTW next week has to be GEU v GEU

bored said:
Sorry Shaven,

Next week, I can assume in front of a standing room only crowd, the Titans vs the Wolves - A full on battle for incompetency with the loser taking a firm grasp on the Pink Soccer Ball.

Sunday, Noon at New Hammond, the line up on the Fort Langley side will be huge.

It will be huge.....the talent from both squads clashing will be something to see....I am looking forward to adding up my goal total :D

Bored do you have a job??? Your on here 24-7

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes I do have a job, and I am not on in the evenings and weekends, way too much to do then.

Still nothing from Canuckboy, I think the earlier post is correct, we'd have heard if they won. We will need to take his thoughts with a grain of salt, he is still unhappy that Dewdney 'stole' the points. That is funny because the most active person on their team was the goal post, making many fine stops.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Soccer Mom said:
he couldn't be convinced that a quick passing game was working

Yes, quick passing games never work. That's why none of the professional teams do it. Damn, that guy should be a coach, he'd really go far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0