Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 3 [FVSL DIV 3] Results, Banter & Predictions March 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nomads 2 - 1 Rangers

When the game was abandonned at half because the lights didnt come on. Nobody was sure what the procedure is for that. Do we continue from half with the score 2-1, do we replay the whole game, is 45 minutes enough to call it a final???

Rangers scored about 2 minutes in on their first possesion. Thier striker got on his bike down the sidelines crossed into the middle where it bounced of 3 or 4 bodies and slowly crept over the goal line. Nomads tied it up on a corner kick, that was punched straight up in the air by the Ranger's keeper, our winger got his foot to the ball in the ensuing melee. Our second goal was a 2 on 1 from center, the two strikers must have completed a half dozen passes between them selves before slotting it in the far corner.

A replay would give both teams the chance to get a full squad out, the Rangers only had 11 bodies and us 12. A classic last game of the season, on a long weeked.

antileno

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did you guys manage to find out who dropped the ball on not having the lights scheduled to come on? You think the league would have that in order for a game that had been scheduled for a week...

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I dont beleive the League has anything to do with it. It'll either be the club or the township.

But I have no idea which.

WaterBreak

Feb 18, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
woofreakinghoo. sundowner finishes the season on a 3 game win streak. brabner bailed, surrey bailed, and we beat the bottom feeders. yes. look out next winter, we might actually win 5 games.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I dont beleive the League has anything to do with it. It'll either be the club or the township.

But I have no idea which.

It would be the same error that happened a few months back over the christmas break. Township of Langley assumes nobody is using the field because of the holiday so they turn off the light timer. I think we need to remember to contact them prior to long weekends when we are playing, shouldn't have to, but I guess thats the simple solution. Feel free to email the fields director to get clarification!

Maybe the rangers sabotaged!!! ;)

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
To me the only fair resolution would be to play the second half only. Our guys and their guys fought hard for 45 minutes...you can't take that effort and the goals by both teams off the board, it makes no sense to me why we can't schedule an emergency second half game this week at one of our practice time slots to finish it off.
I would be pissed if I was their keeper or our keeper as both guys made tremendous saves, and our two goals were quite nice and theirs was a hardworking goal for sure.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
From what I remember you'll have to play the last 45 with the players that played the first game. example if Carnie missed the first game then he wouldn't be able to play the 45 min second half make up.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
ahh... but the game was abandoned, or 'paused' at half time...if your players show up late during games they can check in with the ref and play the second half right... It would stand to reason that the referee would have the game sheet, or copies of the game sheets from the previous ref if it wasn't Mike again, and he could ensure the guys that showed up for the "second half" were ID'ed and could play.

I'm pretty sure Bo said that they were missing a few guys too...

antileno

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
we were missing quite a few and if we do end up playing half a game like you said i don't see why they can't check in at half time sort of a thing. I thought the game just gets erased like it never happened and we play a full new game anyways?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
You and I both know that is the wrong way to handle it... I know you and your guys want a fresh start as you were down 2-1...but to chalk off those goals for both teams is not fair to anyone and does nobody no good... If we start fresh it bodes worse for you guys IMHO since we were missing 2 outstanding defeders and an outstanding Centre Mid...I have a gut feeling that the players we were missing make us a lot better than we were than your guys will make you better than you were...

However the league handles it is how they handle it...I guess we just have to sit on our hands until a decision is made.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
just got word. apparently there was a power outage in Langley on Friday morning, and the timer may have clicked off...that may be why the lights never came on.

Makes sense since the weather got nasty and windy Thursday night at MAP near the end of our run with the Suburbanators guys.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
we were missing quite a few and if we do end up playing half a game like you said i don't see why they can't check in at half time sort of a thing. I thought the game just gets erased like it never happened and we play a full new game anyways?

It totally depends on the amount of time played and the league has ultimate say in it. Typically if there is 15 mins or less left they call it a final, if there is 45 mins left chances are you will play a final 45. Especially since your both home teams, noone has travel issues!

Good Luck.

totti_10

Aug 31, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
That sucks to hear, We all know that the Nomads will do real well in div 2....I think the rangers need to pick up some players if they want to stay up longer then a year.Whatever the case good jobs to both teams this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0