Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 3 [FVSL DIV 3] Results, Banter & Predictions November 07'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Berners-Lee

Aug 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
everyones welcome to come out to cloverdale turf field 1 to watch the miners hit double digits tonight...the miners just got all their players back from university...

peg_rangers

Sep 25, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peg Rangers 2 Young Guns 2. Hard fought game, our keeper let in a soft one with 5 mins to go..but it was a fairly even match.

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nomads 3 Pegasus 2

all I can say is what an ugly game. We were definetly lucky to get this win. We did not deserve it......hell we didn't deserve the tie either.

went up 1-0 in the first 2 min. Then had a defensively lapse for ten minutes and let them score two goals off rebounded corner kicks. Stayed 2-1 till half. I don't know why but we were playing kick and run all game and it was just stupid..not our style.

Came out in the 2nd half and scored in the first 5 min again to tie it up. Shortly after that, our player took a red card and we played the rest of the match with ten guys. They were all over us. Had to keep the team in it with some key saves. Finally scored a goal with about 5 min left to steal a win and take 3 points we didn't deserve.

I don't know what it was, but it just wasn't our game. Nobodys heads were in it and were lucky....plain and simple. Don't want to blow my own horn, but made some huge saves that kept the team in it all game long. Should have been a loss for sure.

Going to forget this one and hope we have a better outing next week. Congrats to the Pegasus team for giving us a great run. You truly deserved better.

the-impersonator

Sep 14, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nomads 3 Pegasus 2

all I can say is what an ugly game. We were definetly lucky to get this win. We did not deserve it......hell we didn't deserve the tie either.

went up 1-0 in the first 2 min. Then had a defensively lapse for ten minutes and let them score two goals off rebounded corner kicks. Stayed 2-1 till half. I don't know why but we were playing kick and run all game and it was just stupid..not our style.

Came out in the 2nd half and scored in the first 5 min again to tie it up. Shortly after that, our player took a red card and we played the rest of the match with ten guys. They were all over us. Had to keep the team in it with some key saves. Finally scored a goal with about 5 min left to steal a win and take 3 points we didn't deserve.

I don't know what it was, but it just wasn't our game. Nobodys heads were in it and were lucky....plain and simple. Don't want to blow my own horn, but made some huge saves that kept the team in it all game long. Should have been a loss for sure.

Going to forget this one and hope we have a better outing next week. Congrats to the Pegasus team for giving us a great run. You truly deserved better.

Can't argue with you on the game assessment. Don't know what was up with us Nomads today. Maybe it was the U11 field, playing our first game on grass or whatever, no excuses, we need to play better than that. We seemed to play harder when we were down to 10 men, but that's often the case with most teams. You played one heck of game and held us in there with some spectacular saves. You should be negotiating a raise with management.

But credit to the Pegasus, they played a gritty game and deserved a better result.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
ACBC 2- Sundowners 0
Thank god those stupid 10am games are done,,Give those to the kids.. Man I was still up...So was most of the team to by the way we played..

antileno

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
LUFC Rangers 2 Guildford Utd 2

Frustrating tie for us as we had a goal called back on a questionable offside call by the ref, and had our striker hacked down inside the 18 which was called but somehow the ref didnt give us a penalty shot.. Guildford played a good hard match for 80 minutes with no cards for either side.

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
ACBC 2- Sundowners 0
Thank god those stupid 10am games are done,,Give those to the kids.. Man I was still up...So was most of the team to by the way we played..

Odd that Sundowner's been giving you guys good run, 3-2 and now 2-0. They're way down the table. Can Jay not get around 60 year old Ron at right back?

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah I dont think I have any thing possitive to say about our game. Our three goals we're pretty nice, but nothing spectacular. I gave their #8 a break away, from center after a swing and a miss while playing sweeper, thankfully House was there and came up huge, owed him a beer for that.

I did get him back for punching me in the face vs. the SFC Stars, he called me off a ball that number 8 and I were running back for and I couldnt pull up in time and ended up kneeing keeps in the back, I'm sure it's a pretty bruise by now.

I dont know why we insisted on playing kick and run on that postage stamp sized field, we talked about it before the game and at half.

Oh well, it's behind us, we'll move on still undefeated :D

raul10

Sep 3, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
pacific 6 - 0 guilford fc

turns out when we have our full team out we're not so sh*tty. first time all season we've had a full turnout.

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well they are last for a reason :rolleyes:

But that's certainly a good result, they have that one guy, Slav, up front who can score goals.

Hope you have everyone out two weeks from now :cool:

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah I dont think I have any thing possitive to say about our game. Our three goals we're pretty nice, but nothing spectacular. I gave their #8 a break away, from center after a swing and a miss while playing sweeper, thankfully House was there and came up huge, owed him a beer for that.

I did get him back for punching me in the face vs. the SFC Stars, he called me off a ball that number 8 and I were running back for and I couldnt pull up in time and ended up kneeing keeps in the back, I'm sure it's a pretty bruise by now.
:D

Ya, I actually do have a very nice bruise on the back of my right thigh from your errand knee.....about the size of a tennis ball! Kinda difficult to walk these last couple of days. Also got a random bruise on the inside of my right arm. Don't know where that one came from but im assuming the same play. All bruised up this week, but well worth it.

xRESTRICTEDx

Sep 9, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Odd that Sundowner's been giving you guys good run, 3-2 and now 2-0. They're way down the table. Can Jay not get around 60 year old Ron at right back?

haha well for your info iv been sidelined with a foot injury every since we played bradner way back...and besides i may not b able to get around Ron but how many times have i school'd you hahaha...:wa:

PS...cant wait to get back on the field and play again...im gonna MAKE sure im healthy for our match up against the nomads!!!:D

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was informed last night the Nomads were going to take our challange.
November 28 Wednesday 10pm 8rinks turf.
Again sorry for the crappy time slot.
We are there every stinkin week and ya its cold.

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was informed last night the Nomads were going to take our challange.
November 28 Wednesday 10pm 8rinks turf.
Again sorry for the crappy time slot.
We are there every stinkin week and ya its cold.

Ya, we will give the mighty ACBC a run for their money. Hopefully both squads will get a good turnout late on a Wed night to get a true indication. Good luck to ya!

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Played in a tourney once....I wasn't there, but it was 3-3 I believe, went to a shootout and the Nomads won.

we played the 'mighty' acbc three times, lost to acbc a in the semi's of their tourney two years ago, lost to 'a' this last acbc tourney in the quaretrs, and beat the 'b/a' team in the semis of our tourney in a shoot out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0