Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 3 [FVSL DIV 3] Results, Banter & Predictions November 07'

Status
Not open for further replies.

peg_rangers

Sep 25, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Its not that bad....a bit small, but definite improvement from our home pitch last year. From burnaby/vancouver cross alex fraser, go up 72nd ave and turn left at 128th...field is in back left corner, right in the heart of newton

xRESTRICTEDx

Sep 9, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
ouch sorry to hear nomads lol well ACBC- 2 - Pegasus -1...still in the undefeated CLUB...see u wednesday NOMADS...im comin off injury to play u guys on wednesday night!!!

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
What can I say other than we lost...
We definately had the better of play... If one of our strikers had finished one of his many sitters the game would have been well put away...unfortunately he couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat... and they converted both shots they had on net.

everyone on our side knows we played poorly, and that we could have done better.

Kudos to Poco they played the game of their lives, albeit with a sprinkling of 8.9 dives that eluded Mr. Tin Poh, and their incessant whining.

We have only one complaint on the night, when our in form striker, that was 100% conversion on his 1 shot on net tonight, when he was denied a clear stonewall peno.

Great work on the night mo...you guys earned the three points, we can take nothing away from you guys. You earned them, we didn't

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ya, was a wierd one tonight.....can't really say much. We played well, had so many chances but couldn't finish.

Poco basically had two chances and scored on both. One miscommunication between myself and my sweeper that got slotted under me. The other came with about 2 mins left in the game off a corner...punched out the cross, but it got headed back underneath the bar over my diving outstretched hand. Heart wrenching in my eyes....should have done better on both....not my A game tonight.

I steal a quote from Sir Alex Ferguson today:

"We do not like losing but sometimes you have to take defeats, it is part of the game. We have players of great quality and I am sure we will bounce back"

Nuff said

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh there is no way we are going to stop talking about your loss.
LOL
See ya wednesday,,

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh there is no way we are going to stop talking about your loss.
LOL
See ya wednesday,,

As son as the ref's whistle went..."aw shite this is gonna be all over TTP".

But then again so is our victory over you. :cool:

Dont worry this certainly wont damage our confidence.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh, how the mighty have fallen ;)

I don't catch what you are driving at...We are still in first. We have 6 points on LUFC Rangers, and they now have a game in hand as their game was postponed this weekend, probably too soggy or frozen to play on the grass at MAP. They still have to beat a sometimes-good Stars team who will do their best to help us old buddies out ;)

This is good for us, honestly. We can take more positives out of losing a game like this than continue to win narrowly over teams we should be throttling...You always play down to your competition...it is human nature.

Live and learn, again, congrats to Poco...they earned the 3 pts.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Its truely super hard to stay focused game in and game out,,Espesially of the cold wet winter.
I am haveing the same problem. we have gottin lucky a few times or we would be right there with you and the season aint over yet. My other team has lost its focus,,10 players showed with call ups for last game..

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
yikes...

It is truly the dog days right now...I can't get more than 5 for training last week, at 9pm on a clear, yet cold thursday night...yet I announce a 10pm game on a wednesday that we kick off at 10 in freaking Burnaby (bulk of our guys come from Surrey and Langley) and we are in the neighborhood of 8 subs range!

and the guys have a tough time staying focussed on the game, myself included, because of the cold etc...I made a bonehead decision near the end that cost our team the draw against poco as neither myself of the defender called each other off the header, I headed out for a corner that they converted, but Adam would have headed it away to safety had I known he was coming at me...

If we were more competitive early in the year and not rocking teams our team would probably have an easier time of continuing good strong focused play, but not now, not since we beat all these teams that we have to play against again, and now they are sticking ten men behind the ball, and they are fired up for the games, and my guys are thinking cakewalk going into every game...Not anymore.

PK Howler

Sep 9, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aint that the truth...two weeks in a row we let a weaker team beat us. The ship is sinking for fukc sakes.:mad:
Because I am bored in the snowy Big Smoke I will respond to your comment. I disagree that the Wolves are a weaker team than the Mighty Rams.Our recent game aginst you guys was in a bad wind storm that didn't allow any proper flow to happen in the game. What the team was in the 1st 2 weeks is not relevant now. With a lot of the Whalley Strikers sitting up in the stands for that game with their big gold (5 Carat) chain medallions and their Barney ball caps on sideways they were yapping how neither team was any good. We play them right after Christmas and the Rams do too so lots of soccer left. Keep your chin up you guys aren't done yet.Now back to the Div 2 thread.:cool::cool::cool:

antileno

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
You always play down to your competition...it is human nature.
Classy. I remember you dubbing them "poco pathetic" and taking shots at their 250 lbs+ striker, i hope it was him that sealed the win for them under your own defensive blunder. But hey if you guys weren't so much better than everyone then you wouldn't have to "play down" to our lowly levels. Once again im amazed you can play at all considering how far your head is up your arse.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you take any line out of context it can look not classy.

You my friend also seem to miss the point of this site, it is called take the piss after all...

as for the Poco Pathetic comment, it was a piss take at ome guys I know a bit on and off the field here at TTP from Poco, as for their striker and his undying love for Smoked Bacon and Gnocchi, their team started it, and I just jumped on the pile ;)

As a matter of fact, we are better, technically and skill wise, we are a superior side to anyone on our group, the fact that we are 10-1-1 and sitting high atop first place bears that out.

The levels are not so lowly antileno, the other teams are now amped up to play us, and I am stoked to play in games that are not 6-1, 4-1, 5-2, etc...

Closer games are good, but not when we are playing down the competition.

I gave credit where it was due. Poco Pacific played the best game I have ever seen them play, and I have seen them play many (10+) in the last year alone. They played great, and their big striker, other than running his mouth like a damned fool all game, played great as the target man up front, they played the ball into him, and to be fair, he created a lot of their chances. he has great touch and played a great game.

See you Saturday ;)

antileno

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I dont think i took it out of context but whatever. See you saturday, hopefully you play the worst game of the season and we play our absolute best so we can maybe have a tiny chance of squeaking out a win, by fluke of course. Right Johnny?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0