Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [FVSL Division 1] Results & Banter - September '05

Who will be in first place at the end of the month?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The new season is upon us. Results, TTP, and banter can happen here.

May as well start the season off with a poll.

Enjoy.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting to see SUFCGN (could they have picked a longer acronym? :rolleyes: ) out of the blocks with a couple of votes. Hadn't heard anyone really pick them to contend this season, though I think TR did mention in one of his posts that they are enigmatic, so who knows? I don't know much about SUFC or GN, but still don't think they'll leapfrog Aldergrove or the mighty Power Rangers for first place.

:D
~Shaven

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If they don't take off to that indoor tourney in Seattle, they'll probably come out of the gate fast. Think about it...September is still relatively warm, so the chances of seeing a mitten appearance is not likely until Ocober hits. The poll question was best team in September, so I'm picking SUFCGLMNOP.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
If its true that SUFCGN-WTF?? is the mitten brigade, then shouldn't we expect them to be strong in December and/or January? :bronco:

~Shaven

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The only good thing about SUFCGEUWXYZ in the winter is that the lovely brown birds (Pretty, Dimple, Asha) they drag out to watch have nice erect pencil eraser nipple protruding through their fine tight shirts.

One thing I will miss about Premier and the Friday nighters at Mackie...the dancing girls in saris.

~Changa, Changa, hey (screw in the light bulb, screw in the light bulb....)

LucVanLierde

Not Bright
Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Geuuu 3...Rangers-3

Zaurrini said:
week 1 schedule is up....

Geu and Rangers at Albion Friday Nght

Excellent, expect a big geuuuuu crowd out at Albion/SamRoberts/RotaryTurf/UK-Stadium to kick off the season.

We can't promise sausages and geezers like you folk rave about swallowing before during and after games. Although if Girth shows up, that could be a whole different story.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Still just pre-season stuff, but the Mig... Rangers play the Nation on Tuesday night at the NAP at 8:30. Should be a cracking match as both teams are gearing up for league titles this year. I predict a Ranger victory, because we are at home for this one.

hos
Lets G0 Rangers

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangers for the league title this year. I think they will take it. But what about the promotion. Are the "new rangers" able/ready to move on? Or is coach happy to be called, "the best div.1 team ever". I think its time to move up, especially with some signings they might get next year.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Devil's advocate: don't they need to earn it first? Last year's squad wasn't close, and I know they've made some very key additions (though chances are that the guy in net will let them down again), but let's see how the season pans out before getting on our knees.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Outkast, there was a little bit of a joke there from HOS. Rangers and PAU train on the same pitch. No home field advantage really. HOS was just being, well, HOS.

What can Div. expect from the Crusaders this year? Anyone left over from last year? Any of the old Premier boys besides Simmonds follow Solk to that team?

Brandon,

What days are your games going to be on this year. I'd heard that you were trying for Friday nights. Did you get it or are we still stuck playing Sunday evening games.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangers and GEU first match of the season. Nicely.
You'll finally get to hear the much talked about coach. "Nicely, Nicely"
Rangers, please don't take these guys lightly. They have signed 3-4 ex premier players who could not fully commit to premier. They will be a tough team.

Hope i can make it out to this one. Should be a cracker.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What, 3-4 ex Valley Premier players?

The new look Rangers have signed at least 3 former VMSL Premier players with more on the way over the next few years no doubt which should answer any questions concerning how they will deal with promotion.

So there you go, two questions, one answer. No need to thank me.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
When is Jinky coming out to see his bro and the team play? I know it isn't tough to get Parkheed and his bag of Pilsner pints out to the NAP.
No Hoop kit allowed at the park!

hos

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tonight mibbey,

mibbeys aye, mibbeys naw. I'll even wear my hooped turban.

Definitely not Friday. Unless the game gets switched to Henry Hudson elementary here in Kits.

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Crusaders are mostly made up of the GEU Rams (Div.3 Champions in 04/05) and Ex 'fvsl' premier players. Should be a decent side that will be in the middle of the pack this year. I dont see relegation, and nobody sees promotion.

Prediction

Rangers 3 Crusaders 1.

anybody wanting to see a war. Saturday 2:15 at Pitt Athletic Park. (premier) Dewdney FC vs GEU U

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
outkast said:
anybody wanting to see a war. Saturday 2:15 at Pitt Athletic Park. (premier) Dewdney FC vs GEU U

I'll wait for it to come on the History Channel. Is John Wayne in it?

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangers 1 vs. Nation 1 at the half, had to leave a pretty good match, not sure how it ended, but it started ugly with Jinky walking into the Ranger Dressing room with green hoops and a camera.
Would love to have the first one back, a little out of position, but like allways he put it in the top corner.

hos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0