Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 FVSL Division 2 2002/2003

Who will win the FVSL's Second Division?

• Aldergrove United

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Golden Ears United Tigers

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • Peace Arch United

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Langley United FC "B"

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Surrey FC Royals

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Poco City Hotspur

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • Surrey Coyotes

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • North Delta Players

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Poco City Fury

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • SUFC

Votes: 11 21.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

thisbuds4u

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Argyle,

I heard the league is looking into the game that you guys played against Fury. Rumour has that the game was fixed. Any comments? I thought you were looking forward to another season in div. 2? Four POCO teams in one division?

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are you daft???

Again, for the record...
Originally posted by thisbuds4u
If you guys beat PAU this weekend does that mean both POCO teams get promoted?

How many times do I have to say this...
Originally posted by Argyle
Don't worry about the Hotspurs moving anywhere.Looking forward to another season in div 2.

I am personally not looking past the game against PAU, but... I can't see the league putting three teams from the same club in the same div. should div two end with both fury and hotspurs at the top of the table.

I really don't think the league will have 3 Poco club teams and 1 other Poco team in the same div. It would be nice to have the majority of the games as home games though.

Two points that should be in the rumors thread...
-FIRST-I have it on good authority that 1 of these teams is going to the Masters div.
-SECOND-It has been discussed that one of these teams is going out on there own as an independant squad(or joining a rival club.)

As for the league investigating the outcome of the Fury / Hotspuurs game...

ya might just find something.:D ;)

In the end, I am sure it will be a club decision. If, and I mean if it does come down to who goes up, or who stays down, the executive will make the decision. Not the teams.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by TheRob
To all my good, good friends in Division 2. How about a nice scouting report on the Delta Players. PM me. I'd appreciate it.;)

Your good friend, and friendly moderator,

TheRob.

"They are well managed club, a good system, and they always have good coaching, so they will be a good team and we shouldn't take them lightly." BL.

:rolleyes:

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Are you daft???

Hey Argie ,

Don't get your shorts in a knot, bud is always drunk when he posts :D

As for how many teams in first div from POCO, I really don't care...cuz I see the Sikhs getting promoted when they finish 2nd. So go PAU !! Big T will be at the Hotspurs game with a truckload of beer if PAU wins :D :D

Only if our boyz can get the win against GEU, and they way we play sometimes, I rather not watch. Our play sometimes just pisses me off.:mad:

We'll see what happens, but if the rain keeps up we'll have to wait until next week.

Big T:cool:

IloveVegas:wa: :wa:

tupac

Feb 9, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Argyle

Very true about PAU not being an easy game. But it will be a win, I have a good feeling about it. I'm not expecting a cake walk, especially if the game goes the same way it did last time. But hey, the League title wasn't on the line at the time, and the Hotspurs are on a pretty good roll right now. Everyones healthy and hungry to play.(except for yourself)

The GEU/SUFC game should be a good one.SUFC want to move up in the standings, and GEU want a win bad for prides sake.
Good luck to both teams!

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
RE:Delta

Originally posted by Yoda

"They are well managed club, a good system, and they always have good coaching, so they will be a good team and we shouldn't take them lightly." BL.

:rolleyes:

TR, Yoda,

This team is just crap. They have some decent speed on the outside, but the forwards and mids do very little to generate offense. I think they only have one solid player #8 (Tony I think ? ) with some good skill, other than that they are the standard kick and run team. I don't think you'll have any trouble with them.

TR - As for our early exit from pres cup, we would not have had any players for our games due to the team going for a tourney in Vegas. So the loss was quite beneficial to us. The club is $7500 USD richer from its 2nd place finish. ;):D

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tupac, you are the feild General. Lead by example, or just with your shoulder.

I have faith in the team. We will be raiding Big T's truck load of beer cause our beer guy, once again only brought 20. When you are standing on the side lines, and have a drunking problem, 20 does not go to far...:p Bring the beer to party...

Can't wait for the coach to bring out the little trophy's for all the players... :rolleyes:

Sheep

Nov 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
GEU 0 Sikh United 2

I have to say that the Sikhs were very lucky to come away with the victory. They scored two very lucky goals, one off a shanked cross that went into the net by accident and an even flukier one off a corner that just happened to catch a drift of wind and sail into our net. I cant believe on such a nice day that 5 or 6 of your players were wearing mittens during the game, whats up with that?

For the most part GEU carried the play and showed a lot more class and talent on and off the field. If the Sikhs do manage to get promoted next year look for it to be a short stay in div 1.

Big T, XXX, and thisbuds4u I see you were to scared to show yourselves after the game. That didn’t surprise me.

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
congrats on the win Big T and co, sounds to me that i_love_sheep is a little bitter after the loss. hopefully SUFC gets promoted to div 1 for the upcoming season.

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by I_love_sheep
GEU 0 Sikh United 2

I have to say that the Sikhs were very lucky to come away with the victory. They scored two very lucky goals, one off a shanked cross that went into the net by accident and an even flukier one off a corner that just happened to catch a drift of wind and sail into our net. I cant believe on such a nice day that 5 or 6 of your players were wearing mittens during the game, whats up with that?

For the most part GEU carried the play and showed a lot more class and talent on and off the field. If the Sikhs do manage to get promoted next year look for it to be a short stay in div 1.

Big T, XXX, and thisbuds4u I see you were to scared to show yourselves after the game. That didn’t surprise me.

Wow Sheep you are bitter, relax buddy season's over and sheep breeding season is around the corner. At least you'll release some of that frustration then.

I do have to agree the goals were lucky but it was due to bad judgement by the keeper. Sheep the keeper should not mark the guy at the top of the 18 on corners. That way the ball won't sail right into the net on a corner, exactly where the keeper should have been.:rolleyes:

AS for who carried the play, I think it was even with Sikhs getting more offensive chances than the Tigers in the 2nd half. I heard that Tigers did carry the play in the first but the wind played a heavy factor.

Sheep, Bud and XXX were not at the game. Bud was drunk and XXX was too busy shagging somewhere. During the handshake I was told people were looking for me and your team was told I was sitting in the chair. I'm only 6' 7" tall you can't miss me. I was late for the game and did not play due to injury. Actually softballz was there he stood right beside me on the south side. :D

Good game, entertaining to say the least with our team giving me more heart attacks than required. :mad: Typical !! :D

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big T was everywhere today !!

I was at the morning game for the Sikhs D4 squad which they won 4 -1. Well done lads, they're playing a lot better.

Next I went to watch the game in the ridge between GEU and us. The game was well played and congrats to the Tigers on a well contested season.

I then went to pick up the truckload of beer for the PAU lads, only to find them losing 1 - 0 once I got to South Surrey . I thought they could take the spurs but after 4 more goals I finally gave up on them coming back. I know the beers in the truck will be finished since I left the Cheese and Guzwhore in charge :D . Congrats to the Hotspurs on winning the Division. It was a great race with every team capable of beating any other team. Hard fought and well played. :D

Our team has a lot of work ahead of us if we want to be promoted and play consistently at a high level. A lot more dedication and commitment is required by our guys, and a practice once in a while might help. :p :D

Big T :cool:

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poco City 1st and 2nd...both teams going to div 1 to join the other Poco City teams...what a finish...

My hat goes off to the hotspurs, a hard fought, well deserved finsh to the season.:D

thisbuds4u

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sikhs vs GEU

Overall a very poorly played game by both sides. But, i think that was the best game Geu vould have played. A couple of lucky goals did a make the difference. I thought there was a bet for a case of beer?

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Final standings

Division Two
# Team GP W T L GF GA PTS
1 Poco City Hotspur 18 10 4 4 48 30 34
2 Poco City Fury 18 9 7 2 40 21 34
3 Sikh United FC 18 9 5 4 35 23 32
4 Langley United FC B 18 10 0 8 36 28 30
5 Surrey Coyotes 18 9 2 7 30 28 29
6 North Delta Players 18 9 2 7 28 33 29
7 GEU Tigers 18 7 5 6 23 22 26
8 Surrey FC Royals 18 6 7 5 28 26 25
9 Aldergrove United 18 2 2 14 19 48 8
10 PAU Selects 18 1 2 15 12 40 5
Dosen't that just look so nice...Poco 1 and 2.

Origionally posted by I_love_sheep
GEU will win the league. With the new pickups from Div 4 they are unstoppable.
It is really nice to see them in 7th. After all, we couldn't beat them.

tupac

Feb 9, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
PoCo City Hotspur Win the League!

It was a very close race this season, for alot of clubs. Well done to all. Great finish to the season, exciting.

Now the hotspurs are gonna focus on working their way to the cup finals. That would cap off the season nicely.

About the promotion to division 1, it is not for sure what is going to happen yet. We are going to discuss amongst the club.

I think the Hotspurs should move up and are ready to.

Again congrats to all the teams for a well fought season.

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by tupac
PoCo City Hotspur Win the League!
Now the hotspurs are gonna focus on working their way to the cup finals. That would cap off the season nicely.
It will be a great way to finish the season, hoisting the Presidents Cup. Look forward to hopefully meeting the Cat Dominion team in the semi-finals.

As for promotion, we really need to think long and hard about that. And also make some minor changes

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Next years teams

Anyone know who's in Div 2 next year?

They seem to have Premeir and Div 1 sorted out but haven't seen the Div 2 list yet.

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know that the TIGERS are still there...and will still be there next year as well.....;) :p :D :bronco: :bronco: :wa: :knvb:

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No way

I don't think so, they are signing a key player in the next couple of weeks to will carry them to the championship this year.

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
One guy?

only one signing, sorry, One key signing? Oh, you must be talking about the bus driver that will take them to watch the finals...

The Tigers getting promoted...now that's funny!!!;)

Are they still holding tryouts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0