Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL Division 2] Results & Banter - October '04

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hades Underling

canuckboy said:
Dear Hades Underling, Rule no. 1 about take the piss, everything that the Franchise says is completely the opposite of reality.

;) hehe Thanks I'LL remember that!

canuckboy said:
just a warning though look out for Whalley, definately the sleeper team

I agree, this team was tough. They gave us a good go before we got the win. and you guys (Poco) are also dangerous, although a little up and down.

Guru said:
Hope when the second half rols around, we play on a better pitch than ER. We tied you guys 1 -1 with an own goal against the Guru back in 4th.

suburbanator said:
Feel bad for you regarding your field, two seasons ago we had "BROWN ROAD" park in Langley which is a shocking pitch as well.... Good Luck getting some fields back from the Youth clubs!

Chances are slim of playing on a better field by then, but let's hope for a few rainless weeks so the field can at least dry out a little. If the gods smile on us we'll have a new field by the second half of the season. For everyones sake....

curious

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
match ups for 2b this week
coyotes at clones
coyotes coming off a good result last week .should be confident but i think clones by 3-1
poco at donegals poco to strong donegals started good but is fading poco in a 3-0 walk
aldergrove at geu tigers aldergrove are the tie kings and thats what i see again this week 2-2
match of the week 2b columbia at hurricanes canes play a top team in the div. for them a must win ties do not help them anymore big talk so far this year unable to back it up halloween nightmare for canes 3-2 bearcats

bonesbrigade

Oct 9, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
BlazeArmy said:
I didn't know that. None of us could go to meeting in Ladner a few eeks ago as i was sick and other had work commitments. Too be honest beach Grove was good on the weekend , better than South Surrey Athletic where the kids i coach play. No divots or slippy stuff at the grove while in White rock the turf was coming out in huge divots.

Good Luck Sunday wherever you play.

Mark was at that meeting. And you guys were given your own timeslot (12:00) at South Park. You should get on that. It beats taking corners from the pitchers mound at the Grove.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
MATCHES OF THE WEEK?

In Division Two A the MOTW might be the Tsawwassen Royals vs. the Surrey Rippers. Can the rippers show they are a top three team?? I predict an upset, Rippers by One. This weekend will also be important for the North Delta FC and North Delta titans... they MUST win vs. the lower teams to give themselves a chance to gain some ground the following weekend when TS. Royals sit idle.

Div 2 B. My MOTW for this group is the BearCats vs. Hurricanes. Hurricanes need this one badly to stay in the hunt by the seasons half way mark. I predict the Cats by two.

Div 2 C EASY One, MOTW is a Battle for 1st. EAGLERIDGE HADES vs. the PORT MOODY LIONS. Hard to predict an outcome with this one. The Hades Grit might grind up the quicker, and slighter LIONS. The Hades also sit with a game in hand. The Port Moody Field definately favours the home team lions. The Lions will do best to ignore the Hades smack talk and play their own game.... I Predict the HADES by 1 unless the Lions bring some physical play of their own to match the intensity of their opponents.

Good Luck to all teams.

Royals FC

Oct 11, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
shaven said:
Now that the past weekend's matches are fading from our collective minds, I believe it is time to stir the pot a bit and offer up my thoughts on this weekend's coming matches in 2A: :wa:

WRU vs. ND Titans: The Titans are showing better form of late, with two wins in a row, but White Rock is coming off a big win and a bye week and is playing much better as a team of late. Should be a good match, with WRock in tough for the W but hungry for points, as ND is only 5 ahead in the table. Prediction: WRU 3-2 :cool:

Royals vs. Rippers: This match out on the much maligned pitch in sunny Tsawwassen between the top two in the table. Shaping up to be the tale of two matches; two teams heading in opposite directions of late, which could mean a stomping by the Royals, or a resurrection by the Rippers providing a statement game by them. Likely the latter, with the Rippers back on form and showing that the table is not conceeded to the Royals just yet. Prediction: Rippers 4-2 :D

NDFC vs. GEU: No contest here. One of the stronger squads hosting one of the weaker squads, although GEU showed last week that they can steal points off anyone if the 'A' game is not brought out. NDFC has shown a Jekyll and Hyde persona this season so far, but I don't believe that will rear its ugly heed this weekend. Look for NDFC to make a statement and get themselves back on track at GEU's expense, though it has to be said that GEU has a fairly good keeper who should prevent NDFC from scoring at will. That said, too much NDFC firepower in this one. Prediction: NDFC 3-1 :)

Aldergrove vs. Abby SC: I've no idea what may happen in this match. Abby went out and shite the bed last weekend versus NDFC at home, and I was a bit surprised at that. As for Aldergrove, they just can't seem to find any consistency at all. Much like the NDFC season so far...this match could go either way. Abby needs the result more than Aldergrove, so they might be hungrier, though with both coming off somewhat surprising losses, who knows? Prediction: Aldergrove 2-2 Abby :eek:

Alright all you TTP'ers...there they are. Thoughts Canada, bulljive, Saint, RoyalsFC, dopey (where is dopey these days?), et all?
WRU - ND Titans: Titans are a strong team and are on a good run of late. Gut feeling has ND Titans getting the win in a close game. Whichever team comes out on top will be tough to play the following week.

NDFC - GEU Titans: Should be a one-sided stomping here. I didn't expect NDFC to handle Abbotsford SC so easily, I'm sure they'll come out strong in this game too as they need the points.

Aldergrove - Abby SC: Home game for Aldergrove here so they don't have to deal with that vicious 10:00am kickoff at Bateman Park. I see Aldergrove winning here because they play a much more physical game than Abbotsford. Abbotsford aren't too strong at back and Aldergrove have some creative strikers. But who knows with Abbotsford (White Rock United 1 - 8 Abbotsford S.C.) - what the hell happened here?

Royals - Rippers: Hmmm... tough one here. Don't really know what to expect from the Rippers. We figured they would be one of the toughest teams (along with NDFC) but they've dropped some surprising results. We generally play to our opponents level, we expect the Rippers to be a strong team and we know we'll need to be at our best to get a result. 3 HUGE points on the line here. Should be a good one. No prediction...

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
canuckboy said:
Dear Hades Underling, Rule no. 1 about take the piss, everything that the Franchise says is completely the opposite of reality. Anyway yes Eaglerigde plays big, how else do you want 210 pound 20 year olds to play? Don't worry about your field blue mountain is even worse. I think Eaglerige can be beat but you have to match them with intensity, we beat them 5-2 but damn I was sore for two weeks! I like the top three in 2C Eagleridge,LUFC and the Lions are all good teams, just a warning though look out for Whalley, definately the sleeper team, and if we (Poco), start playing better D, we should have a way better second half.

Your a clown...make up your mind on here you agree with people then bash them.....reality this... not the truth that.....call me on a lie! then not a weak piss take that seems to come out of finger tips every time you log on.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Abby just picked up a center defender from premier he played 4 years college soccer as well. Good player without him we would have won by 10. I predict abby by 2 over aldergrove

G-fence

Sep 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bulljive was correct about the new defender. HE is solid, and will make a big difference to the abby team , but the strikers need to score on a consistent basis. NDFC is probably the strongest team in the league and to play better in the second half may have helped abby's confindence a little. Look for abby to put up a solid match against aldergrove and bring home the 3 points. They need these points to stay close to the top teams. Abby is also expecting to add a few more players to make a run at promotion.

Nice to see everyone talking about the bearcats. They used to play in the beer league in abby but got into the div 2 fraservalley. THey will keep all the games close and usually win with fitness.

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Franchise said:
Your a clown...make up your mind on here you agree with people then bash them.....reality this... not the truth that.....call me on a lie! then not a weak piss take that seems to come out of finger tips every time you log on.

Franchise every time you type anything I am astounded by your grasp of the english language,(never mind your grammar).You MUST have gone to school in Poco. You are such a big target Franchise it's hard not to take a few shots once and a while. Anyway keep up the great Engrish.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
canuckboy said:
Franchise every time you type anything I am astounded by your grasp of the english language,(never mind your grammar).You MUST have gone to school in Poco. You are such a big target Franchise it's hard not to take a few shots once and a while. Anyway keep up the great Engrish.
*Standing and applauding for canuckboy*...nah, couldn't be Poco. Likely some backwoods one-room schoolhouse in Golden Ears Regional Park, where learning English took a back seat to wood-chopping and log-home building. Franchise may not write well or grammatically correctly, but I'll wager he splits a mean cord of fir! :D :D :D

Scoop Dawg

Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shaven

I guess it's time for WRU to show the rest of the division which team they are, the
one that beat the Rippers or the one that got off to a terrible start. This weekend
should be a good indication for you lads. Best of luck!

Scoop Dawg

Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here's how I think it will shake out this weekend.
2A WRU vs ND Titans (which WRU will show up, big test but they fail.)3-1 Titans
Royals vs Rippers (Rippers bounce back from last weeks upset.)2-0 Rippers
NDFC vs GEU (NDFC lose in my upset special of the week.)1-0 GEU
Ald vs Abby (not alot to pick from here, play it safe.)2-2 tie

2B Coyotes vs Clones (battle of worst and first.)3-0 Clones
Poco vs Donegals (Poco too much for the Gals.)3-0 Poco
Warriors vs Tigers (both teams desparate for 3 points, get 1 each.)2-2 tie
Bearcats vs Hurricanes (time to put up or shut up Canes.)3-1 Columbia

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Scoop Dawg said:
Shaven

I guess it's time for WRU to show the rest of the division which team they are, the
one that beat the Rippers or the one that got off to a terrible start. This weekend
should be a good indication for you lads. Best of luck!
That's exactly how we're viewing the match...thanks for the well wishing. I'm looking forward to it...gut check time. :cool:

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Scoop Dawg said:
Sorry forgot about 2C but besides The Franchise nobody seems to care!

Couldn't be more false....right now I don't care!

Anyone got a goalie we could borrow for the season???

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Franchise said:
Couldn't be more false....right now I don't care!

Anyone got a goalie we could borrow for the season???

What happened to Your keeps?, he seemed like a really nice guy....

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
hurricanes will beat both the bearcats and the clones. I think the home turf field for both those games will be a huge advantage for the hurricanes because they move the ball around well. although they may have some players missing this weekend due to the fact that its the night before halloween and I heard, but this may just be a rumour, that some of there younger players still need to buy there costumes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0