Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FVSL Masters Cup 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatnugly

Sep 9, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone have a score on the Mission PAFC game?

1-1.

Pretty even game. Very cordial and pleasant.
Mission went up 1-0 on a PK...really poor FC defneding. FC tie it up with a nice long throw flick volley.

Both teams advance.

between the pipes

Aug 18, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langley Atl. 4 White Rock 0. White rock did not get anything going all night. Congrats to the boys from Langley on getting in to the next round. RF with a goose egg in the pipes!!! Great work big guy!!

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I personally walked over to the White Rock boys at the end of the game and thanked them for coming to play. They could have defaulted and we would have been screwed as we needed to win by two goals. They showed up played hard when they didn't need to as they were not going any further in the cup.

Thanks boys very Classy.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
First of all, full credit to WRFC. We went into the game not only expecting them to show up, but to show up and put everything in, since this was their last game of the season. How would we want to play if we knew it was our last game? Well, you want to end the season on a high note with a win, and play spoiler. They played hard for the full 90.

The difference between this one and the one we tied was essentially in finishing chances. This time we buried 4 of our chances, while last time our finishing was terrible. TBH, our finishing last night was nearly as bad...we created a lot of chances.

Not before, however, RF saved our bacon early w/ a great stop on a great chance. RF slayed a demon last night.

The whole forfeit thing became a hot top of discussion around the beer cooler. Many of us couldn't remember ever forfeiting a match, and couldn't imagine the humiliation of ever forfeiting one. We've all been tempted, however, and we've all played in those matches shorthanded when forfeiting is an attractive option.

I'm sure the league didn't see a reason why this would be a concern, especially after asking teams to confirm their participation...so there is no excuse. I like some of the harsher punishments bandied about here (automatic demotion to lower tier for next season, and / or heavy fines and the issuance of a 5-0 win to the non-forfeiting team. Maybe the league could consider these measures in the years going forward.

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Final 8 teams:

Delta
All Blacks
NDA
Poco
Mission
PAFC
South Delta
Lords of Langley Athletics

There's going to be some great matchups in the next round of the cup. I would assume they will draw it this week at the executive meeting.

JTL

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks boys very Classy.

Ditto.
Good, clean, hard fought game boys and well done on your season this year.

Thanks Dude and BTP but in all fairness our defensive work ethic in the back line and midfield was the real difference.

Looking forward to the quarters and cheers,
RF

moneyman

Mar 6, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ditto.
Good, clean, hard fought game boys and well done on your season this year.

Thanks Dude and BTP but in all fairness our defensive work ethic in the back line and midfield was the real difference.

Looking forward to the quarters and cheers,
RF

So is this where a broken down striker plays now:confused:

$$$MAN

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Only until my recovering ACL and waistline gets better...;)
Then back to being a half hour a game charity sub striker.

Anything to get out onto the pitch Moneyman.
Maybe you should do the same. :D

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big draw tonight at the Tuesday meeting.
I'm kinda excited to see who we get!

I'm sure Dude's hoping they draw us first round, cuz he loves us so much.

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
If we draw the Lords, I am wearing my shin pads on the back of my legs as Dude likes to kick you as you run by him. I think that match would be a blood bath with all the banter back and forth.

JTL

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was just browsing around in the FVSL site and I noticed the Langley Athletic Div. 1 team are in first place. Langley Athletic Masters are in 12th out of 16th. Just an observation, but I was wondering how the Div. 1 team did last year? Also wondering if this sudden surge to the top of the standings this year had anything to do with the departure of Dude and particularly Utah to the Master's team.
JTL

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
OK, so here it is. The official pairings for the next round:

South Delta FC vs Delta Utd
LUFC Athletics vs North Delta Utd Alumni
Mission FC vs LUFC All Blacks
Poco Castilians FC vs Peace Arch FC