Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FVSL MASTERS DIV 2

Long Ball

Oct 15, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sounds like NDU are going to short on numbers as some of their players are getting the call up to the top team... At least we will have more pints after the match!!
Only 12 subs for NDU which made things even as the Rangers had 12 players. 2-1 at half for NDU. Rangers with two quick ones in the 2nd half and then another just to make sure the random ref calls didn't turn it into a tie.

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
nice work soccerbuddy, good win for you guys !

NS Rangers 8 - 0 White Rock

WR started with 10 players and ended with 8 or 9, we had 19, our numbers made all the difference. We were all over them from start to finish, scored 2 in the first half and then 6 in the second. Lots of talk before and after our game about the importance of having good numbers out to games. Am glad, to this point of our season, that we are getting out good numbers to our games, makes a huge difference knowing you can ran your bag off if needed and can come off for a break. WR are in big trouble unless they can get some guys out to games.

Looking forward to playing the infamous NDU on Friday, not looking forward to playing against the young punks in the Cup next Monday.

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Make it 5 NSR's

Its a long way to drive to have the home team not show up with a full squad but the traveling band of merry Rangers did the job. Credit to WR for competing to the end, especially their #4 who must have run a fricken marathon.

On to NDU on Friday and maybe KNVB can get off his arse and get some ID cards done before the Christmas break :knvb:

LeanfinallyplayingforaRANGERSteam and not traveling an hour for a home game :cool:

Tactically Inept

Oct 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well what a bloody show we all made of ourselves with the predictions this week!
That nice win by Temple was the most surprising based on the first few games - certainly helped us move up a few places.

Onto week 5 and here's the guaranteed results:

Coastal FC Rangers 3 - 1 Temple. Nice win this week, but I just can't see Temple pulling this one off
Poco NSR 2 - 1 NDU. This will be close and probably match of the week if there is such a thing in Masters Div2
South Surrey 7 - 1 Surrey Heat. Take SS to come back with some vengeance after their loss.
Coastal FC Vintage 2 - 0 Guildford Caps. Coastal to win but they can't seem to score very many
Surrey Shooting Stars (Pick a high number) - 0 White Rock. No comment

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CFC Rangers 2 - 1 Temple: haven't seen either play, just going off standings
NSR 1 - 0 NDU: we are unbeaten at home and have yet to give up a goal at home, look to continue both trends on Friday
S. Surrey 4 - 2 Heat: again, haven't seen either team but think this will be closer than T.I. predicts
Vintage 3 - 0 Caps: Vintage will be confident after beating Stars and will take it to Caps, this could be more ?!
Stars (A Lot) - 0 WR: agreed T.I., from what i hear WR has a bunch of guys hurt right now so am guessing numbers will be low again this week.

Should we have a look at the Bradner Cup draw as well ?

cheers, mackers.

Tactically Inept

Oct 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think the Bradner thread will be elsewhere and besides after last year I just don't care - we got drawn against the very top team in the first round, away, and on a Sunday, so suffice it to say our 11 guys didn't cope very well! Still bitter and twisted.

Good luck to those that chose to enter, but all we saw was the potential for another shellacking and/or many injuries.

NDU should give you a good run. They've got some good players in the midfield and a decent level of compete...and lots of subs. Glad we got a couple of quick goals in the second half - that really took the wind out of their sails this week, but I expect another tight game next time.

Tactically Inept

Oct 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Table as it stands...I think

I know everyone can't wait to see it, so I'll give it a go and try and post as early as possible each week when the cores come in
Cheers

PositionTeamPWDLFAGDPts
1Poco Northside Rangers4301163139
2Coastal FC Rangers430115789
3South Surrey FC Bullets421115877
4North Delta SC Utd421111747
5SFC Temple Utd42117707
6Surrey Shooting Stars4202121026
7Coastal FC Vintage420259-46
8Guildford FC Caps4103611-53
9Surrey Heat4022610-42
10White Rock Utd4013425-211

whistle blower

Mar 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
FVSL sent me an email 7.30am on Thursday morning to tell us the game is now moved forward 45 minutes, no worries we will be there but a call from the Rangers or the League earlier would of been nice ( why would 45 minutes be so important). I wonder if we will be shown the same consideration to change game times or dates by the league later this year ???????????????

Tactically Inept

Oct 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's really out of necessity to try and get a couple of extra guys there before they head off for the weekend. We are coming in close to the wire for getting a team out at all and my original option of asking to postpone was apparently not an option that was acceptable to the league. So with the ridiculous amount of injuries we have at this point in the season together with the absences etc. the guys that are left are going to have to do a lot of running.
I only got confirmation myself very late Wednesday that the hour earlier time was available as this was a last minute scramble. Nothing sinister about it, just circumstances, so don't take it out on my knees!
Cheers

Superstriker

Aug 16, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nsr 3-1 Ndu

This one wasn't even close. Rangers controlled the game from start to finish and really should have had 6 or 7

Expected more of a competition from Ndu but they really had no threat whatsoever.

Good luck the rest of the way.

redwoods

Oct 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nsr 3-1 Ndu

This one wasn't even close. Rangers controlled the game from start to finish and really should have had 6 or 7

Good luck the rest of the way.
Good game last night at Gates, NDU came with 3 subs which is a far cry from normal from what I have read on here. I assume the long weekend had an impact on getting guys out. Either way we did control the game and aside from a good save from our keeper inthe 1st half and the goal very near the end of the game for them it was one way traffic.
I am sure they will have a different squad out when we play in ND.

Acid Tongue

Feb 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Superstriker is right , if not for our keeper it could have been a lot worse. Well done to the boys who made it out but unfortunately we had to many players missing and to many out who were closer to 50 that night and they had to many closer to 35. In this league if you are still able to run it makes a huge difference even if you are really not that good of a player. I guess that is the tough part when you get beat by guys that can run but have no class and really are shite as players and yap. I had to laugh when I heard their players bragging about dominating Div 2 Masters,well done you guys are awesome. Oh well we still had a better social time after the game around the cooler than they did as most of them bolted right after the game. I guess they must have taped the game and probably rushed home to show the wife and kids how awesome daddy is dominating Div 2 Masters. I guess it is nice to see new footage instead of watching all the old stuff from when they were kids playing house league. Oh wait I forgot about when they played Div 4 FVSL "OPEN" Remember when they got to the second round of the Cup that time? What a run! Good luck to you guys on promotion this year you are so close to the show (O 35 Masters Premier) .If we win it we will let you guys go to Div 1.

The re match should be a lot of fun!

On a really positive note well done ref you had a good game and a great attitude. That was by far the best ref we have had and it was enjoyable having him out there!

badknees7

Sep 15, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Superstriker is right , if not for our keeper it could have been a lot worse. Well done to the boys who made it out but unfortunately we had to many players missing and to many out who were closer to 50 that night and they had to many closer to 35. In this league if you are still able to run it makes a huge difference even if you are really not that good of a player. I guess that is the tough part when you get beat by guys that can run but have no class and really are shite as players and yap. I had to laugh when I heard their players bragging about dominating Div 2 Masters,well done you guys are awesome. Oh well we still had a better social time after the game around the cooler than they did as most of them bolted right after the game. I guess they must have taped the game and probably rushed home to show the wife and kids how awesome daddy is dominating Div 2 Masters. I guess it is nice to see new footage instead of watching all the old stuff from when they were kids playing house league. Oh wait I forgot about when they played Div 4 FVSL "OPEN" Remember when they got to the second round of the Cup that time? What a run! Good luck to you guys on promotion this year you are so close to the show (O 35 Masters Premier) .If we win it we will let you guys go to Div 1.

On a really positive note well done ref you had a good game and a great attitude. That was by far the best ref we have had and it was enjoyable having him out there!

AT,you're killing me.Out of bed,havin' a coffee,check out TTP,and havin' a laugh.You are spot on.It was unfortunate with key players
missing but we will be much better when we meet again.I thought i saw a couple of the Bohemians scouts looking for players.They might get to MP sooner than they think!!

Superstriker

Aug 16, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hahaha.. that is a good laugh. Love it when the pot calls the kettle!! It was NDU doing the yapping after a few ugly tackles gave us a free kick outside their box. Anything coming from us was just fun banter to pick on the whiners you had on the back line crying like 10 err 50 year olds.. But you are right, most of you should be in the over 40's or 50's.. can't run in this league or even have the skill to make up for it. But hey you can always blame it on not having the right players out. I will make sure we do the same if we end up on the wrong side of a result!

As for the drinking, we had a full change room and emptied our beer cooler and then moved on to our buddies shop up the road for a few more and when we left there weren't any of your vehicles in the parking lot. So hey you might as well be delusional about everything that happened that night instead of just parts right?? :rolleyes:

If you guys win what? a game?? haha.. best of luck there, unless you are right and you were missing some guys that can play this game you may not see any more wins unless Whiterock is in town and you might pull out a tie then!! :bronco::bronco:

I agree with you on one thing, the ref was great and nice to see as most are the opposite! :cool:

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0