Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL MASTERS] Predictions, Results & Banter 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

heanjob

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [FVSL MASTERS] Results and Banter Sept/Oct 2010

Delta v PA called off at 9am this morning.

Conspiracy I think to get us out of bed and piss us off.:p

HJ

Frank

Sep 12, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

The most excellent website has posted an incorrect masters cup draw I am sure it will be revised I do have a picture of the actual draw but will give them a chance to correct it first.

No ,I was not at the 5 red game last night. I am waiting for Dude's report.

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

5 reds in the game. No wonder the ref went home.

That, and to catch the Naslund ceremony.;)

To be honest there was probably at least one red given to each team that was unwarranted. When guys are simply pushing after an incident like this or swearing there is no need to give reds unless punches are thrown. It is only after an individual persists when everything is being broken up do you consider a red. Otherwise entire teams would end up being red carded. If the ref really felt it necessary to hand out cards I'm sure a couple of those reds could have simply been yellows.

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Here's the revised draw.

Game Prelim Round Feb 4/5/6 -
1 SFC Caps - Poco Dominion FC
2 Temple Utd - Peace Arch Utd
3 Pitt Meadows SC Saints - LUFC All Blacks
4 Fraser Valley Athletic - DFC Razorbacks
5 South Surrey FC - Chilliwack Mission Utd
6 Surrey Heat - Aldergrove Utd
7 NDSC Utd Alumni 'B' - BYE
8 Peace Arch Rangers - LUFC Athletics

Game 1st Round Feb 18/19/20

1 Winner Game 2 - Peace Arch Dragons
2 White Rock Utd - Winner Game 6
3 Poco Castilians FC - Winner Game 8
4 NDSC Utd Alumni 'A' - GEU Thunder
5 Winner Game 4 - Winner Game 7
6 Winner Game 1 - Peace Arch FC
7 Winner Game 5 - Delta Utd
8 South Delta FC - Winner Game 3

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Temple Langley ABD

It was a intense game and these two times have a bit of a rivalry with each other.

Having said that, it was a fun game to play in and with hard clean tackles being thrown around the pitch.

A very unfortunate and stupid play lead to the fracas.

In my opinion, things had settled down. No punches were thrown, and both teams had seperated. I wanted to finish the game as did everyone else.

As for the "race card" someone on Langley threw out the H word as we were leaving the field. I heard it as well. I have been a long time TTP member and I am the first one to bash anyone that pulls the race card when it should never be pulled. It is a pet peeve of mine when people do that and I do not stand for it. So I would never come on here and confirm it was said if it was not said.

We all say dumb things in the heat of the moment, and I am sure it was just a spur of the moment comment with no depth behind it.

Anyone know what happens to abd games?

It was nice meeting RF and Dude. Good thing RF wasn't on the field...he looks like he could hold his own!

Dude, were those the 12 days off Christmas TTP boots you were wearing? Nice meeting you as well.

Game is over, things were said. It was a intense game and emotions were high. Lets move on and settle our differences the proper way, on the field.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

JTL have you been taking double spacing lessons from Coach?

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I didn't hear it at any time, but I guess I stand corrected then Gurps.
I've known where you personally stood on this issue from previous posts of yours.

My apologies,
RF

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Upps called me today and said it all depends on what the referee's report says before a decision is made whether to leave as is, play the remaining minutes, or play the game over entirely.

Arsenal14

Dec 12, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money

I am the Temple Utd player/coach. "H" word was said by someone in their tent as we were leaving the field. Not suprising....we were playing a team that have some players that are, let's just say, "rough around the edges". My wife and I were thinking about buying a house in Langley...not going to happen. Apples don't fall too far from the trees..don't want my kid coming home with a black eye and having to endure some hillbilly racism. With that said, don't want to paint this team with a broad brush. Most of the guys seemed descent. There were just a few knuckleheads like the Hildbrand character. He has a history of taunting our players and delivering dirty hits like the elbow to the head of our player that lead to the pushing match.

Referree was terrible. He had lost control of the game much earlier than the incident. No cards given for flagrant fouls, no whistles for clear fouls, giving fouls to the wrong team, etc. When the pushing match happened, he gave out random red cards to some guys who were trying to stop the pushing escalating to full scale brawl! He angered both teams by doing this and was frazzled and just called the game.

I hope the league will go not only by just the referree's report in handing out suspensions and deciding if game should be replayed. Temple Utd would definately like to replay this game.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

I've known where you personally stood on this issue from previous posts of yours.

My apologies,
RF

No need for you to apologize RF. Let's just hope we can have the game replayed and move on.

I agree with our coach as well. The ref was way over his head and let things get out of control.

Scoop Dawg

Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

No you wouldn't want to paint the whole team with the same broad brush, just the entire city of Langley. There is four sides to the story yours,ours,the refs and the truth!
I am the Temple Utd player/coach. "H" word was said by someone in their tent as we were leaving the field. Not suprising....we were playing a team that have some players that are, let's just say, "rough around the edges". My wife and I were thinking about buying a house in Langley...not going to happen. Apples don't fall too far from the trees..don't want my kid coming home with a black eye and having to endure some hillbilly racism. With that said, don't want to paint this team with a broad brush. Most of the guys seemed descent. There were just a few knuckleheads like the Hildbrand character. He has a history of taunting our players and delivering dirty hits like the elbow to the head of our player that lead to the pushing match.

Referree was terrible. He had lost control of the game much earlier than the incident. No cards given for flagrant fouls, no whistles for clear fouls, giving fouls to the wrong team, etc. When the pushing match happened, he gave out random red cards to some guys who were trying to stop the pushing escalating to full scale brawl! He angered both teams by doing this and was frazzled and just called the game.

I hope the league will go not only by just the referree's report in handing out suspensions and deciding if game should be replayed. Temple Utd would definately like to replay this game.

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Temple Langley ABD

It was a intense game and these two times have a bit of a rivalry with each other.

Having said that, it was a fun game to play in and with hard clean tackles being thrown around the pitch.

A very unfortunate and stupid play lead to the fracas.

In my opinion, things had settled down. No punches were thrown, and both teams had seperated. I wanted to finish the game as did everyone else.

As for the "race card" someone on Langley threw out the H word as we were leaving the field. I heard it as well. I have been a long time TTP member and I am the first one to bash anyone that pulls the race card when it should never be pulled. It is a pet peeve of mine when people do that and I do not stand for it. So I would never come on here and confirm it was said if it was not said.

We all say dumb things in the heat of the moment, and I am sure it was just a spur of the moment comment with no depth behind it.

It was nice meeting RF and Dude. Good thing RF wasn't on the field...he looks like he could hold his own!

Dude, were those the 12 days off Christmas TTP boots you were wearing? Nice meeting you as well.

Game is over, things were said. It was a intense game and emotions were high. Lets move on and settle our differences the proper way, on the field.

whats the H word?

curry in a H urry:p:p:p:p

lucky ya were not playing in glasgaaa

it would have been a P:bronco::bronco::bronco::bronco:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

My apologies,
RF

I didn't hear the "H" word thrown out, but doesn't mean somebody didn't say something stupid.

I know one of ours called one of the Temple guys on the sideline a wanker, which said Temple guy took extreme exception to. Yes, wanker. The "W" word was the one that was hurtfull, if any. That said Gurps, if you heard it, I'm sure someone said something stupid enough and loud enough. Personally, I'm not cool w/ the ethnic slurs. But you know, the guy in the red tracksuit was a wanker, just for the record.

As for the game, was a lot of fun, even though the conditions were not making for the best of quality. The fracas, as both other reports stated, was done and settled when the ref abandoned. Wish we could have settled this one properly.

The bottom line is that the ref- who was a kid in his 20s- shouldn't have been doing a Masters game. He deffinitely pulled the pin at a moment of calm when he didn't need to. Both teams had settled down, were relatively excepting of 2 reds each, and time to move on.

Absolutely shocking decision by the official.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

BTW, the "H" word is Hindu.

For future refence, the "WB" words refers to "White Bitches", which I've heard slured by many a Sikh team over the years. In fact, last year playing div. 1 vs. the Coyotes was the most recent. So, apples, oranges, pears...if you're implying Langley as a city has it's share, should I be concerned about my 1/2 brown kid living in Langley and going to school in Surrey?

Stop being such a wanker, Arsenal14, the act is old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0