Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL Masters] - Results and Banter Sept '09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I will stick to my game evaluation. It certainly is more honest and not as one sided as your detailed account off the match. As for the ref , he was fair. Missed some calls both ways but wasn't a factor. Tough to do any game without assistant a.r.'s.

As for after the game ,we also looked forward to sharing a few frosty ones with you guys but when we left the field there was no one around in the parking lot. Might have something to do with the fact we left the field after 3:00 AM. Johnny K should have known better, he spent many late nights with us in the summer with the ND Rangers.

Anyone out there own a flower shop that would like to sponsor NDUA. Sure come in handy, just guessing but I think there might have been a few unhappy wives that night.

Dude' good for you at least now your team will stop telling everyone that you couldn't score in a brothel!

We moved locations- should have told you. We hid out down close to the stadium.

Game report...meh. The truth lies somewhere in the middle. You guys did come out on fire though...1st 20 minutes were all about us absorbing attacks, which I think we did well with in limiting the chances to outside opportunities for easy saves or shots hit wide & over. You can't deny that the OG by big George was a gift (again, under no pressure, just a bad misdirection), and you can't deny Hayzer's reply w/ his marker to tie it up 5 or 10 minutes later wasn't a killer.

Anyhow...you guys have a great squad, and we are realy pleased that we got the 3 and don't have to bother with you again till possibly post season.

And, the fact is they tell everyone I couldn't hit water if I fell out of a boat, then there are the digs about beach balls, etc.

Any other results out there?

swampdonkey

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I took in the NDU v. Langley match...here's the middle.

First 25 - 35 ND had Langley on their heels plenty of good chances. Bailey was a stud and the boys in the back did a good job early absorbing the Langley frontrunners speed and transition. After 30 minutes though....gaps for ND got larger and larger all over the park. Fitness and poor line changes hurt ND deeper into the game - cost them a goal playing short handed in the first. I thought Langley was a bit lucky to come out of the half even at two (OG considered and it was a delightful finish)

Second half 75% Langley. Even when ND tried to play with a power play. After the 90 was up a think the result was fair. Langley edged it out.

I think once ND finds their chemistry and bench management they'll be in great shape. I'm sure they'd love another chance at the "young" spry Langley guys again.

Truth be told it looked like the first game of the year for both sides. Still enjoyable to watch. Both teams will be tough to play all year.

Ref wasn't too bad, tough to expect much given the length of his teeth. Both teams played a fairly honest game.

Peace out!

heanjob

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
We moved locations- should have told you. We hid out down close to the stadium.

Game report...meh. The truth lies somewhere in the middle. You guys did come out on fire though...1st 20 minutes were all about us absorbing attacks, which I think we did well with in limiting the chances to outside opportunities for easy saves or shots hit wide & over. You can't deny that the OG by big George was a gift (again, under no pressure, just a bad misdirection), and you can't deny Hayzer's reply w/ his marker to tie it up 5 or 10 minutes later wasn't a killer.

Anyhow...you guys have a great squad, and we are realy pleased that we got the 3 and don't have to bother with you again till possibly post season.

And, the fact is they tell everyone I couldn't hit water if I fell out of a boat, then there are the digs about beach balls, etc.

Any other results out there?

Abby is new and improved....only three back on there team from last year. No more 10 - 0 losses with that crew. Good bunch of guys who will pick up some points at home for sure.

Not the greatest pitch but enjoyed the First Nations contingent watching our game from their trucks which they had driven through the adjacent field to park under the talking tree. :)

Second stop on our rodd trip is Langley All Blacks Friday night.

HJ

RDM

Sep 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I took in the NDU v. Langley match...here's the middle.

I think once ND finds their chemistry and bench management they'll be in great shape. I'm sure they'd love another chance at the "young" spry Langley guys again.

If you think a bunch of guys in their 40`s as young thank you.I don`t feel young,it`s pain I feel

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually RDM, you, George, Keamer, and RobJ are in the minority. Most of us are mid 30s guys who have only looked 40 for the last 5 years.

Second stop on our rodd trip is Langley All Blacks Friday night.

HJ...well...all I can say is I guess I'm buying lunch next time, if that's the way it's gonna be.

badknees7

Sep 15, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Loved the late night,hated the 7 am wake-up."You are so immature!" She needs some new material......she should know by now.....wait til fri night....yee ha!!

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
What are we using for an excuse Friday night Bk7???:rolleyes: I think I'll walk to the park!!!!!! cause as I remember...it's all about.."YOU DROVE HOME LIKE THAT"!!!!!!!! :eek:
Of course if I walk..that means passing by the "Lion":bronco:

Cheers!:D

Acid Tongue

Feb 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Since I am the only responsible one on this team I will drive you two light weights home.

Should be another good match Friday night for our home opener! Lots of changes to the league this year ,should make for an interesting season.

Need to go for a run today, might be short tomorrow night. Last count 20!

Good luck and enjoy your matches! Remember everyone works Monday!

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes Mills played, his mind might have been on the wedding though, he didn't move much on the free kick we scored on.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes Mills played, his mind might have been on the wedding though, he didn't move much on the free kick we scored on.

No that's just how he moves now... you ever been to a seniors center...sort of like that.

FridayKnight

Oct 2, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mission 6 - Langley 0
Mission found the net early and often, taking the wind out of the Langley sails by mid-way through the first. Both teams kinda rode it out from there.

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
NDU 2-1 over Abby Brickmen. DM with two beauties. We'll take the 3 points...and a rest next week as it looks like we're into one of the "conflict" games.

Cheers!

badknees7

Sep 15, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
NDUA 2-Abby 1
Nice to get the win in our home opener,in front of 4 wives and 3 kids(thanks for the support)We controlled the majority of the match but Abby struck first on a miscue.We re-grouped and had "Super-sub" notch a volley into the cage right at half-time.A great confidence booster for the expansion franchise!We rolled along carrying the play,unlucky not to have a couple more.Then Muirhead pulled another trick out of his bag with a 35yd
rocket into the top corner.A brilliant effort!! " Make the final" NDUA-2 Abby 1

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mission 6 - Langley 0
Mission found the net early and often, taking the wind out of the Langley sails by mid-way through the first. Both teams kinda rode it out from there.

Far out. I knew that Mission would take it by a few (predicted 3 actually) but that is a good old fashioned thumping. Is it that Langley is that bad or was Mission just really, really good last night?

Clearly that drops Langley well out of the upper ranking. Maybe still capable of finishing in the top 10 but likely not in the top 5.

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mission 6 - Langley 0

Wow, what a shillacking. Can't wait to hear Dude's rendition of the match. Perhaps Langley is weak at the back as Mission didn't have much of a sniff against us until the last 20 minutes.

JTL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0