Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL Masters] - Results and Banter Sept '09

Status
Not open for further replies.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Disapointing 2-1 victory for Poco against Langley tonight. A late goal from Langley made the game look closer than it was. I will say this about Langley boy can they kick the ball, and foul too, they will be tops in the league at both.

We will take this disappointing outing and try to be better. This will likely drop us in the rating as the the thumping Mission gave them should be the norm for this squad.

Chin up Meridians we will be better next week.

Early nominations for wank of the league has to be 18 for Langley, embarrassing.

RDM

Sep 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
You whinning bunch of babies.The only thing strong about your team was the pungent smell coming from your right half.Its time to tell him lads that the smell of ball sack dipped in malt vinegar is not becoming.Pig farmers smell better

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bored...love the new quaff. When did you start using Just For Men, and have you bought a convertable Mustang yet?

Just because you play Maters now doesn't mean you HAVE to have a midlife crisis.

Jay Mac: break out a bar of soap. Good God man...

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bored, your team reminded me of salmon flopping around on the shore. Bunch of whinning girls who were on their period. It's masters soccer boys no one is going out there with the intent to injure. I guess you had two game plans coming into tonights match. You got a sympathetic ref who would make a call everytime one of you would go down and the biggest strategy you used was bringing that stinky ball sack pig farmer player who hasn't taken a shower in years on the field.

You were lucky to get away with a 2-1 win as our goal didn't need a lucky bounce to go in. You guys were humping the ball down the park in panic for the last 30 minutes.

The only thing you'll win this year is "having the guy that smells like ballsack award".

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
RobJ, if necessary, we'll post all bruises and welt pictures.
I understand that you are the cleanest tackling team in the league, so tonight must have been an off night. I'll give you that.

Seriously though, the ref was not 100% accurate on every call, but how many tackles from behind did you guys have? The cards you got were justified, except one that could have been a red.

Sure, nobody is going out with the intent to injure, but a foul is a foul, and you guys did your share tonight.

What hurt you tonight was your back line who couldnt keep a ball on the pitch. I'm no coach but you may want to put a left footed kicker on the left back just to keep the ball in play. Just a thought.

Drunken Rant over

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
RobJ, if necessary, we'll post all bruises and welt pictures.
I understand that you are the cleanest tackling team in the league, so tonight must have been an off night. I'll give you that.

Seriously though, the ref was not 100% accurate on every call, but how many tackles from behind did you guys have? The cards you got were justified, except one that could have been a red.

Sure, nobody is going out with the intent to injure, but a foul is a foul, and you guys did your share tonight.

What hurt you tonight was your back line who couldnt keep a ball on the pitch. I'm no coach but you may want to put a left footed kicker on the left back just to keep the ball in play. Just a thought.

Drunken Rant over

So seriously whats up with the stinky ballsack smell on the Rick Springfield double.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda...I'll agree every yellow was earned. It just gets old...having to nurse bloody eardrums every year after playing you lot.

Congrats on beating us for the 1st time in the past 4, BTW. You get a one year pass to bragging rights.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You got a sympathetic ref who would make a call everytime one of you would go down

A shred of truth in a Langley post, the ref was not great BUT he was poor both ways. You guys were lucky to finish with 11 men. Typical of team that is overmatched 'just run em over maybe they will get scared'. You guys did not play much soccer.

You were lucky to get away with a 2-1 win as our goal didn't need a lucky bounce to go in. You guys were humping the ball down the park in panic for the last 30 minutes.

Your goal sure was a beauty, eh. I got an idea, any time we get over half line, kick into their box. With luck one of our men and one of their men will come together and if our man closes his eyes at the right time it will hit both of our heads and go towards or even in the net. I love it when a plan comes together.

We will win a bunch more games than you will, that is for sure.

PS: Thanks Dude for the hair analysis, I should have dropped by your place on the way to the game for some product and styling tips. AND it isn't a year pass for bragging rights - WE EARNED IT!

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's masters soccer boys no one is going out there with the intent to injure. QUOTE]

How about the mule kick on our #8 after the play. If that's not intent to injure I am not sure what is. The guy has a contusion the size of a grapefruit on his knee - won't be able to work on Monday or play for 2-3 weeks.

JTL

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's masters soccer boys no one is going out there with the intent to injure. QUOTE]

How about the mule kick on our #8 after the play. If that's not intent to injure I am not sure what is. The guy has a contusion the size of a grapefruit on his knee - won't be able to work on Monday or play for 2-3 weeks.

JTL

OK you're right on that one well deserved yellow.

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Damn.

I hate missing games like this one.

Damn.:mad:

At least it's a win, although it doesn't sound like we were thrilled with it. Is #8 okay, JTL?

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda...I'll agree every yellow was earned. It just gets old...having to nurse bloody eardrums every year after playing you lot.

We can't be the only team and we certainly weren't the only team last night.
Honestly, i thought we were pretty quiet last night.

How about this. Next year we'll kick you in the shins and in the knee and then tackle you from behind, then let you scream and yell about it. Fair? :)

You know i'm not one to brag about this kind of stuff Dude. Come on.

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Damn.

At least it's a win, although it doesn't sound like we were thrilled with it. Is #8 okay, JTL?

No, #8 is not ok, just texted me from the E.R. Having xrays and possibly an MRI today. Will be seeing an orthopedic surgeon likely next week. Sounds like an ACL tear. Fackin' brutal, complete lack of class and respect for other's safety. Hard challenges are one thing and part of the game, mule kicks after the play are another. The guys got a business to run and what the fack is he going to do now.

JTL

The Ranger

Sep 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
PoCo 2 - Langley 1

No one watching or playing this match should have thought PoCo deserved nothing less the the win. The Langley chearleaders even split at half time realizing this game was one in the LOSS column. We had numerous quality chances and held Langley to perhaps one or two possible scoring opportunities - their goal was fortunate to find the net. Yes, our free kick had help to find the back of your net but, it was well deserved.
Whatev - 3 points in the bank.. Next.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is always fun to read your team’s post game analysis. It is always along the lines of…

~You guys have no skill.
~You guys are too rough.
~You guys are a bunch of hacks.
~We dominated play, and score-line didn’t reflect that.

Every year, same thing. Only difference is that you guys finally actually beat us. Pat yourselves on the back, for such a thoroughly dominating performance. You said all the same things the past 4 years or so, just this time you actually won. Wow.

It’s funny…and yes- in a ha ha kind of way. Funny how Bored is taking it so personally that I think he looks like a young Beatle w/ his new hair color and weave. Take it as a compliment Bored, you looked damn handsome, and that look is coming back. Granted, most of the 16-18 kids I see wearing it pull it off a bit better, but if you’re going to hit up a mid-life crisis, hit it hard, I say.

Funny how JTL has the same accusations to say, week-in, week-out about getting beat up on. The yellow on your #8, do you forget that it was a retaliation for an equally dirty cheap shot? No mention there, eh?

I find it funny that when one of you idiots hacks us, we don’t cry and whine to the ref for 30 minutes post match. And yes- you guys are just as guilty, but the difference is that we just don’t cry about it so much.

I took a terrible clattering from Sliver in about 2003 that I still have problems with to this day. Right ankle, you remember that one Sliver? Do you think I remind him about it every time I see him? Fact is, he was beaten on a play, and made sure that he took me down instead of surrender a scoring chance. Do I hold it against him? No…it happens. I’ve done it, you’ve all done it. Don’t throw stones in glass houses.

And, as always, the truth lies somewhere in the middle. Credit where due: Poco’s strikers made the difference. On the first, capitalized on a huge deffensive miscue w/ about 5 minutes to half. To that point, possession was about equal, and I thought Langley actually controlled the middle well while Poco’s strikers were shut down quite effectively. In fact, we had better control of the middle all game.

2nd half Poco goal off free kick, and a well earned free kick, again, by a good strike-force.

We had NOTHING inside 25 yards. We were terrible in the finishing ¼ of the park. Our goal was a result of constant pressure and a bit of a prayer. It made the last 5-10 minutes a lot more interesting as we pressed.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PAU FC (blue) 1 PAU United (white) 0

Hard fought match that went sideways in the first with a Crow red (two yellows) for the hard man.
Both teams with 1 or 2 quality chances, FC was able to finish late in the game and get the 3 points, tough playing with 10 men for 60 minutes, but it all worked out for the FC. Top of the table with the other perfect teams. Good darby with lots of hard tackles.

hos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0