Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL Premier] Results & Banter November 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
1 Peace Arch United 20 Still top of the table and deservingly so. PAU showing why they're pak and league champs 2 years running.

2 Poco City FC 19 Always strong and a tough battle not surprising at all why they're 1 point behind.

3 Langley United 19 Always a strong team, but shocked on how they beat PAU and are sitting as high as they are after I saw a few games this year. Never can count langley out thou, will be even stronger now that the TWU boys are back.

4 Golden Ears Cobras 18 We went from worst to a contender, a complete turn around from last year and we couldn't be happier. taking nothing for granted and are glad where we stand.

5 Athletic Club BC 14 Easily showing how they won Div 1 last year. Fast and skilled, and never an easy team to play against.

6 North Delta Lions 12 Battle Tough, never bad, never deadly. Nothings changed.

7 Chilliwack Rapids 11 Always top 4, lost a few players and sunk to the mid table, never an easy battle, but haven't showed what they used to be.

8 Aldergrove United 10 You never know what you're going to get with these guys. Just depends on who shows up really.

9 Abbotsford Mariners 4 nothing positive to say here, ill just leave this one be.

10 Delta Metro United 0 I know what this is like, went through it last year. Glad its over.

Its a tough battle half way through the season and its a tight race at the top, every game means more this half of the season, and looking forward to the start of cup play. Good luck to everyone on the second half.

Cascade.

FVcascade

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
A have to say I am astounded that Langley is up near the top. They show up with 11 guys and humped the ball up the field the whole freakin match. By far the ugliest football I have seen from a team with some points.

...We owned them....

Cantana, I love ya, but reflecting back on the game I think that we deserved to get scored against a few times in that game. Although they humped it up the field all game they won every single header(and fluke goals off of flicks will happen when that happens. With that said, your's and johnny's goals were classy, both theirs were shite....I think we will take three next time though.

And on a completely seperate note, can we just stop talking about Abby for three weeks. They need seven points and some luck in the standings just to be sitting in eights place. And even if all goes well and in that time none of the bottom teams win a game that will leave them with 6 games left to reach the top 5 for a play off birth. Even if they had a second half like peace arch had in the first it will be tough for them to qualify for Provincials. We dont talk about DMU, so until they win a few games i feel that maybe they should be in the same boat...(sorry half pint)

Thats my 2 cents....

oldtimer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 22, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks like cascadesoccer was right (Oct. 25th post), ACBC deducted 6 points for playing ineligible player. WOW.... how many times is this now.... Ghouse? what's going on over there?

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Someone is trying to be sneaky.

Peace Arch, The Wack and ACBC all deducted points.....Wow :(

Big blow to the defending champs

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looking through all the divisions, seems like the Fraser Valley Soccer League has quite a few cheaters.

Ironic.

~Danny Penner.

oldtimer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 22, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Out of the 10 Divisions, only 2A, 3A, and U-21, have teams without cheaters, I guess they're just not trying hard enough.

oldtimer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 22, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not even one case yet in the VMSL. Are the managers there that much more careful? Or is the executive in the FVSL on the ball?

oldtimer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 22, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
6 points?!?!?

I know in a few cases they have not been overt attempts to cheat, but administrative errors. But...everyone knows the rules.
I assume in the ACBC case its 6 points as this is their 2nd time caught (even though it was Div.2 the first time)

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Huh.

I have heard that some managers, when preparing their teamsheets, have not been striking their suspended players names out on their list, or leaving them off alltogether, and as such that constitutes that the player "played" even though he may have been hundreds of miles away from the park, nevermind laced up his boots.

A bit heavy handed? Yes, but legitimate.

They say the devil is in the details.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If a player isn't on the list, how is this even an issue? How is it even legitimate?

bluebird

Mar 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
yes it would be, but 6x3 + 1 = 19 not 20...

i think the games involved may have had results reversed as well cos peace arch now show two losses which i diddnt think they had
if so then some one some where must have been awarded points from that game .....

i hate it when shite like this happens it may go on to help the cobras but i am really pleased with what we had done in the first half without anyones help when you consider where i got my players from mediocre is serving us well this will take the shine off it for me tough break on those guys who got caught out with just paperwork errors and im sure most but not all really are just errors

the weird thing is when you look at the new cup draw 8 teams have switched sides so the draw is almost exactly the same

just re-checked and it seems that no one has had the games reversed which is strange surly if a team plays an illegal player the result should be reversed.
think about it if you played and lost 1-0 and the illegal player scored the goal ..... ??? wtf

bluebird

Mar 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
If a player isn't on the list, how is this even an issue? How is it even legitimate?

we have two sheets, if you bring players up on a permit you have to submit a team sheet and a permit so if he is on the team sheet but not the permit then :p your shite out of luck

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now Coquitlam is top of the log in both premier leagues. Who woulda thunk it?!?!?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
There are many paperwork things.
1. You submit a sheet to the ref, which he keeps
2. You submit a list to the ref for the other team
3. You submit your paperwork for the permit guys

If any, and apparently that is supposed to read: ANY, issues or mistakes are made it is being chalked up as "cheating"

I believe it is just the FVSL Administration making a huge effort to clean up the paperwork sloppiness around the league, and especially to remove the threat of any perception of cheating

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Our ref this weekend told us to make sure you cross off people's names that are not playing or are suspended as they will get counted if they are not crossed off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0