Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL Premier] Results & Banter November 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is a new era Dude. The FVSL is no longer Bush, it is more Obama now. Except for the Aldergrove hicks like Joe Deacon, they are still Bush.

Anyways back to being on-topic of the off-topic topic...

IMO, as I've stated before, the league needs to take some ownership here in giving instructions to the referees.

Here's a question: do the game officials fax in the team sheets?

oldtimer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 22, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ghouse --Don't take this the wrong way, I think the penalty is too harsh...but.. I'm looking at the Div.2 list from our game two weeks ago, 37 players listed, no one crossed off, some with N/A, some blank, some with 0's, and the rest with #'s. Maybe the league got tired of trying to figure it all out. Also, why the 6 point deduction for premier and none for the Div.2 squad? Different expectations for premier? Or is it because of the prior offence of playing an ineligible player--- that should not count against the premier team as it happened in Div.2. Also, how much was the fine....just curious

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Oldtimer.

So if Ghouse is putting N/A beside player names from the get-go, why weren't Refs informed that it wasn't acceptable? I mean how hard would it be for a Ref to point it out to Ghouse and at the same time, cross off the players with the N/A beside them?

As for Peace Arch, deducting 3 points for using a player that is allowed to play for them is so wrong. If his card is not there, why does the Ref even allow the game to start with him in net?

The league KNOWS Craig Edwards plays for PAU Masters, hell, Chalky is on the Executive and plays for PAU Masters himself so WTF is going on?

Soccer_player

Sep 20, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
this is straight from the yellow pages::

Any team proven to have played an ineligible (suspended, non-registered, no FVSL picture ID etc.) player during a League or Cup match will be fined, lose the match and may be removed from the League.

Nowhere does it say that an ADDITIONAL 3 points will be deducted

found under the yellow pages. the no FVSL ID may be new this year or untill the uproar

FINE SCHEDULES

1. SCHEDULE OF FINES (2008/2009)

Non-attendance at league meeting $40

Field inadequately lined $25

Improper or no corner flags $25

Improper or no goal nets $25

Poor condition or no game ball $25

Improper or incomplete team lists $25

Incomplete uniforms, no numbers etc. $25

Game forfeit $150

Returned cheque (NSF etc.) $100

Play an ineligible player $50 - $100 and loss of game (Deduction of minimum 3 points)

Play a suspended player $100 - $200 and loss of game (Deduction of minimum 3 points)

Failure to properly notify League of unplayable field $ 100 ($50 traveling fee for opponents plus $50 referee fee; an extra $50 if a Premier game)

No FVSL ID and plays in game. Loss of Game (Deduction of minimum 3 points)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Again, if there is no FVSL ID present, how does a ref even let him play? What's the point of ref checking ID cards before a game if it means SFA at that point?

canucklehead

Mar 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is a new era Dude. The FVSL is no longer Bush, it is more Obama now. Except for the Aldergrove hicks like Joe Deacon, they are still Bush.

Anyways back to being on-topic of the off-topic topic...

IMO, as I've stated before, the league needs to take some ownership here in giving instructions to the referees.

Here's a question: do the game officials fax in the team sheets?

Referees must fax or scan all team sheets and permits in after each game (within 24 hours). I can't speak for all referee's but when one does an ID check and the FVSL ID isn't there and no letter from the office is supplied, all you can do is note it and put it into your report. A referee can't prevent anyone person from participating in a match but he can walk over to the other team, tell them that so-and-so hasn't got is FVSL ID with him and insists on playing. Again, the referee puts all of that in to his report and if the opposition wants to protest the game, then they probably could. One of the problems is that there are too many referee's who show up 5 minutes before the game is to start and can't be bothered to do all of the neccessary pregame checks that are required. And that needs to change...

canucklehead

Mar 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Oldtimer.

So if Ghouse is putting N/A beside player names from the get-go, why weren't Refs informed that it wasn't acceptable? I mean how hard would it be for a Ref to point it out to Ghouse and at the same time, cross off the players with the N/A beside them?

As for Peace Arch, deducting 3 points for using a player that is allowed to play for them is so wrong. If his card is not there, why does the Ref even allow the game to start with him in net?

The league KNOWS Craig Edwards plays for PAU Masters, hell, Chalky is on the Executive and plays for PAU Masters himself so WTF is going on?

...But why is it up to the referee to tell a manager to correct his paperwork? As long as the numbers and names on the sheet match the players on the field, that is all that the referee needs to concern himself with. We are referee's not secretaries...

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's the point, there was no number beside the player names so by your own admission, the referee(s) were/are fcuking up. You can't have it both ways.

Furthermore, part of refereeing a game and being paid to do so includes doing the proper administrative "work" before and after the actual 90 minutes of play.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Once again guys I have filled out my player sheets the exsact same way for the entire time we ACBC have been in the league,,those 0, and 00 you see on our list are numbers that match the 0,and 00 on the players jersey. If it says N/A that mean to me Not Available and is how we were shown to list the gamesheet for our hockey team. I just filled out the Soccer team list the same, as there was no instructions on how to fill it out anywhere,,Plus doing it for 5 years with no problems you would think it was ok!!!!
My player that was played ineligible 2 years ago was a guy who said he was on NO other team and I beleived him. There was no way for me to check that he was in the VMSL unless I called Azzi on a Thursday night and ask him to check for me..I guess I could have done that but how many managers out there check with the VMSL to see if guys they sign are playing there,oh and the Richmond League and the Burnaby league and the VISL for that matter. No one checks if a guy says no Ive been out of town and havent played yet this year,,we got screwed then because a guy lied to me ,,simple as that.
My div 2 team this year was fined and lost 6 points cause of a mistake I made ..I admit it. I played a player first game of the season who had 3 yellows from last year,,I never checked and was punished for it,,Although 6 points was way to many for that instance,It should have been the game in question only not the next game as well,,He only played 1 game,why 6 points it was a mistake and I admitted to it that night,
The FVSL is punishing some total mistakes,Not Cheeters way to hard for the crimes that have happened.
Hey ,,we voted them in so we have to live by it..
I do know I will be voteing differently next elections for sure and I hope you all do the same.
I agree with cleaning up the paperwork,But how they handeled it was very unprofessional and could have been delt with way easyer and way better..Fines for sure but takeing points away from teams for paperwork errors is rediculas..Espesially when there is NO instructons on how to fill out the papers in the first place(in my case).

bluebird

Mar 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
this has been ongoing since the start of the season check other leagues ... ask ghouse his very first game this season in div 2 .... west coast , ahteletics e.t.c.
there is about 8 or so teams have had the same punishment for the same crimes but its only a huge deal when it hits prem why should we be treat any different than the rest of the leagues
as for people not knowing this was going to happen i keep asking the same question but get no reply what other teams but poco , langley and the rangers are represented on the exec ..... i know its made up of soccer related people ... i know there is no one from g.e.u. . so come on who else, who decided , voted and agreed that the punishment was correct what clubs
the prez only votes if its a tie and it was not a tie

ok so now we have chalkey from p/a

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bluebird ,,what happened to our div 2 team was way different as i have exsplained above

bluebird

Mar 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
trust me he's there to over see things. I've been there enough:rolleyes: right Bluebird

as prez he should be, some times just make sure everything is ok and some times if an exec is missing to step in. the punishments are pretty standardised no matter who is behind the desk.

Bluebird ,,what happened to our div 2 team was way different as i have exsplained above

yeah i know but the point is that was way harsher than it perhaps should have been along with all the others div 3/2 & 1 clubs and guys came on here all pissed off but no one accused anyone of just trying to get their team to the top and wanting to hang just one guy
because of what happened in game 1 for you , you of all people should not be supprised with the punishments handed out now, they are no harsher than any other punishment given out in the first half or the season to teams in a lesser division. to be fair to everyone it has to be the same

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ghouse, if I hear right it has nothing to do with your N/A's or how you fill out your rediculas hockey team sheet... did you or did you not have more than your allowable names on your permit sheets? 7 is the max, I hear you had 12 on one and 8 on another.

Hearsay, Rumours, Speculation... Oh My.

For a league in a transitional period by doing things half arsed to one trying to be more professional and better run probably should have instructed the ref's - no FVSL ID card on game day….No soup for you right from the very start. Full stop. We got screwed because we didn't know the rules which is compounded by the fact it would have been so easy for us to just walk over to the next change room and get our GK’s card knowing full well he was playing.

Should league common sense been applied here? Hell yes. To my dismay I agree with Dude. Minor infractions like paper work errors should have warnings or fines associated (or both) but before we so quickly affect (possibly) a season out come for easily avoidable managerial c0ck ups is not on. That goes for div 6, where Dude belongs to Premier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0