Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL Premier] - Results & Banter - Oct. 04'

Which has surprised you most?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Rhider

Jul 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
0-0 in an uneventful match with ND and Chilli. Probably our worst game in weeks ironically and I hope we can get in together in time to take one from the inconsistent giants of GEU on friday.

Arryobunk just a few questions...
1.What is that bus company that you guys used to come down, Goodtimes something? I need to get one for an event?
2.Was that your full squad out there or did some guys not make the trip? Whenever we play you guys at Mackie(been twice) you seem way weaker and slower than in chilli. Does the drive cramp your legs and slow you down, are you missing key starters, grass to turf tranisition, maybe it's the fan pressure at mackie? Or is it coming to the BIG city you know the bright lights and all the big pretty buildings? :D

3..Also curious how the leauges leading team in goal scoring with 22 goals for, misses the net 70 times...thanks though :p

We escaped with our first points in the end and for that we are grateful. Top honors to our young keep who came in last minute with a hell of a game.

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally Posted by Yoda
How's the new signing from Chilli working out.
I heard he's a loud mouthed bastard and will spend more time sitting out with Red cards than playing.
Draven said:
No, Yoda. That would be me. :(
The problem is Draven, you need to stand up to be heard! Oh, wait a minute...you are standing. Sorry about that little man... :knvb:

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
PAU and Whalley was decent match with lots of entertaining tackles going on.

Nice goal Sage, Cainy was good in the middle , and Skip came out too early!

Oh yeah, Aves was steady as ever big man. ( to much traffic at times, and not enough switch though.)

Rivermouth

Oct 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Though I wasn't there, maybe I can help with some of your questions:

1. Duke's Pub is one of the sponsors for the Rapids. Hence the team bus with "Duke's Pub" written all over it.

2. Not the full squad, but it's still no excuse for not putting the ball into the net, despite the 70? or so chances. Mackie Park start is usually 9pm, and after a long hard week of earning a living, driving one and a half hours from the Valley to play soccer at 9pm on a field too small for soccer and originally designed for grasshockey, makes for a bit of a lazy start. However, that's no excuse either. The "bright lights" and "pretty buildings" DO make for a little bit of distraction, but the constant smell of manure floating in the air over Mackie Park only serves to reminds the Chilli lads of home, so the advantage/disadvantage is pretty even there. :)

3. Point made. No arguments there.

However, from what I heard, ND Lions did a great job of staving off the assault which descended upon them with wave after wave of Rapids attacking. The ND goalie made some crucial saves, and the Rapids strikers just couldn't get the job done, despite the many attempts that they had. But every team in the league has had, or will have, "one of those games", and this weekend was simply Chilli's turn. Hats off to ND for withstanding the pummelling, and to their keeper for keeping the ball out of the net.

Since Mackie Park starts are so late, at least invite the Chilli lads out for a cold one at the local watering hole, after the game(s) end, since driving home to the pub and having one there before last call is next to impossible. It's the least you fellas could do. :)

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
9pm at mackie, almost as bad as 8pm in chilliwack :D

I gotta say, i don't think i've ever seen a field hockey or field lacrosse game at mackie park as the soccer clubs use it the majority of the year, and complaining about the size isn't going to get you anywhere, because there are 5 teams including us that use the same size and type of turf in the league.

I didn't stay after the game on friday, but most of the time the team is in the cubicle that we call a changeroom till 1 or 1:30 drinking and don't make it to the pub.

mackieparkssecondcubicletoopensoon

ArroyoBunk

Oct 11, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
just a few answers:

rivermouth, you anonymous illiterate, if you could only read you would have told kr the truth about our 'goodtimes' bus, goodtimes being another alcohol-as- subsidy sponsor of the club.

we were short a couple of bodies at mackie on friday but our performance can't be blamed on that.

although delta's keeper does deserve some credit for a couple of big stops, it was more our total lack of finish that inspired the end result. it is very unusual for the rapids to be held scoreless, especially on that many chances: obviously not everyone had his head in the right place.

on a positve note for the wack, the lions were held shotless for ninety minutes. being a defenceman, i found a little satisfaction in that.

with any luck we've inspired the lions to upset a couple of the top teams, facilitating the rapids move to the top :D .

jc

Rivermouth

Oct 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
*suddenly waking up from position, laying sprawled, head face down on bar table at "Duke's Pub", obviously pissed* Wha?! Huh?! Oh...sorry...*wiping drool from mouth*...'bout that ArroyoBunk. Some of the lads and I were just finishing up our A.A. meeting.

Duke's is an excellent sponsor of subsidised alcohol for those on the Rapids team, or any team that wishes to be a guest of the Rapids on any given Friday evening (after they've been summarily pummelled at Grandstand Fields), who want - NAY DEMAND - to be a part of this fine A.A. group. *standing on table* Let no one speak ill of this fine establishment. *falling off table* *passing out*

hahaha

ArroyoBunk has it right....Go LIONS!

hahaha

Knight Rhider

Jul 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rivermouth said:
*suddenly waking up from position, laying sprawled, head face down on bar table at "Duke's Pub", obviously pissed* Wha?! Huh?! Oh...sorry...*wiping drool from mouth*...'bout that ArroyoBunk. Some of the lads and I were just finishing up our A.A. meeting.

Duke's is an excellent sponsor of subsidised alcohol for those on the Rapids team, or any team that wishes to be a guest of the Rapids on any given Friday evening (after they've been summarily pummelled at Grandstand Fields), who want - NAY DEMAND - to be a part of this fine A.A. group. *standing on table* Let no one speak ill of this fine establishment. *falling off table* *passing out*

HUh?? River not all of us speak country slang what the hell does this thing say?
Mackie turf is the most beautiful fake pitch out there. :rolleyes:

ArroyoBunk said:
on a positve note for the wack, the lions were held shotless for ninety minutes. being a defenceman, i found a little satisfaction in that.

with any luck we've inspired the lions to upset a couple of the top teams, facilitating the rapids move to the top :D .

jc

That's not true we had atleast 7 shots on net. Compared to your 63 that missed the net I'd say shots on goal were about even. :p
Don't worry boys we got some upset plans under or sleeves, pints whatever you wanna call em...

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: PAU Nation's revival/rebuilt???

Well it has been a curious and positive first third of the season for a hungry and much deeper Peace Arch squad...
Curious in that we haven't really gelled properly or found a dominating starting line up... Positive in that we are top of the shop and are still figuring out how to play as a unit...

Guys are playing in different positions or battling for spots that were handed to them in years past... (ex) The last two matches I have been some what bewildered at why Studs Up and myself are playing out wide while our young quicksilver winger is playing down the middle??? I cannot speak for others @ PAU, but I'm not about to get concerned with what works as long as I can help contribute to a successful season... Sir Alex Cainy has a tough job and it will only get harder with his selection process in the balance of an emerging Giant... The attitude of all 20 + bodies has been tre-men-dous!!!

It is only my second year starting on opening day with the club, but something was much more evident from training camp compared to last years lethargic start... I can't remember anyone making excuses or not putting it in when he couldn't be bothered like at times last year... All across the side, guys are commiting to the cause and looking to get a chance to provide the right atmosphere it took to win the league and get within a golden goal of a BC Final berth in '03... (That lil fcuker Jomo) :mad:

We have a great mix of experience and youth being served... Depth all over the park is our greatest strength... Losing Puller was a hit, but the emergence of young Drew battling his way into the starting spot at the back has made the transition easier... It is not easy to replace a good player and club guy like Superfoxs, but last I checked we are in FIRST place after a 5-1-1 start... Also, young James in goal has been a huge plus for us, he is pushing for Glenny's perminent job in between the pipes... Unlike before, Cainy can finally afford to run the show from the line knowing we have the numbers and quality to get the job done...

That all being said, certain teams always give us an extra something they tend to lack against other foes... GN is definately PAU's bogey team (for those that don't understand that term ask Crafty for advise about Langley)... If we can manage to get the 3 points this Friday we are well on our way to a good '05??? :confused: :eek:

Mygoodnessmyguinness(wow, not one piss take) :rolleyes:

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: PAU Nation's revival/rebuilt???

Guinness said:
... The attitude of all 20 + bodies has been tre-men-dous!!!

Well said Guinny!, and may I say, your post was of tre-men-dous quality as well! (aside from the obvious lack of piss-taking). It reminded me of Jerry McGuire's "memo". Beautiful man, beautiful.

Now........show me the mooooneyyyy!!! :D

~Skip

Red Dragon

Oct 23, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guinness was very eloquent in his "mission statement" and one would wonder how he was able to get so many words correct or so few wrong. Only two and here's the Engrish lesson you twat...perminent is spelled "permanent" and I'm advising you that to give advise is spelled "advice". I trust that you are a much more rounded and intelligent person having read this. :wa: :wa: :wa:

Reading Red Dragon's antics makes me sleepy ;)

E-er

Oct 13, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Guinness and Skip!
Are you guys hugging right at this moment..................? Right now......? If not, how'bout now...........?

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can you feel the love emanating from the Nation? As I sit here taking notes on whatever bits of advice leak out of South Surrey, I find myself torn somewhere between battling to keep my Red River down and wanting to gush all over what Dude brings to the Langley camp. Probably the first as the mole accusations have never been put to bed.

Good to see the Nation back on the thread as this thing is far too politically correct, and quiet for the most part. I think it still needs Aves to take a strip out of Langley to make it official!

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aves is busy. He and cooper are no doubt STILL discussing the last game. Chances are they've broken out sugar packs and ketchup to illustrate their points. Ears are bleeding from White Rock to Surrey...

Smartest thing cainy has ever done bringing in coops to off-set Aves. Now he has time to talk to the rest of the team. He’s no bag of dicks.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If a bag of dicks falls in White Rock, and there's nobody around to hear it, does it actually make a sound?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0