Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL Premier] - Results & Banter - Oct. 04'

Which has surprised you most?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
GEU 3 - PAU 1

We let them off the hook today, leading 1-0 at the half. A couple squandered opportunities which would have burried GEU if we had made good on them. Credit GEU for battling in the second half, and finishing any chances they got.

Great officiating today though, except for the linesman missing the apparent obvious ball over the line on a goal mouth scramble in the first half. I wasn't close enough to see myself, but by all accounts it was a goal. Millsy, care to comment on this matter now that the game is over? ;)

On to one of two 'dreaded' Indian teams next weekend for us. I'm sure the Sikhs will be penciling in 3 points already with our history. :D

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not sure which was worse, PAU's performance in the second half to let GEU score 3 goals, or Johnny Collinelli's hairdo.
Actually that's not so true, his pregame attire was much worse.

What's with that hat?
:D

Wisers

Sep 16, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
An excellent result for us today.PAU did control the whole first half and had a 1-0 lead.The ball on the goal line was pretty close, could of went either way.I did have to agree with some of the PAU players though, the linesman wasn't in a good position to make the call. If the call goes against us could have been a total different game.We did have a couple of chances but the keeper made two great saves.Second half a total different game with us totally dominating it.No idea why PAU made all those subs, 5 or 6 of them I think and it seemed to kill some of their momentum.Kenny Laity showed why he's one of the best players in this league by scoring 2 in the half and Hammer scoring his first in 10 years.

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
tpranger said:
Chilliwack took control early on with a cracker of a goal from Mcneil. Top corner off a set piece, goalie didn't stand a chance. We feel asleep with about ten to go in the half, and Langley scored the equalizer.

No big deal but let's give props where they are due. If Jamie's goal was a cracker, which it was, then the equalizer is at least due holy shite status.

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skip said:
Langley 2 - Chilliwack 2

Chilliwack perhaps a little unlucky not to get 3 points, as they had the opportunity to put Langley away in the first half and were the better team tonight IMO. A late surge by Langley, and a questionable call against Chilliwack in a dangerous area resulted in Langley getting the equalizer.

Mentionables:

• McNeil scoring a cracker off a set piece
  • Solid performances by #6 (Carl?) & #14 (Mark?) for Langley
  • Nukes diving header off the post
  • Wilmets burning #20 down the left side countless times
  • Slainy..........invisible :eek:

~S

Skip, I know you were out because I could see your PAU jacket from across the pitch (Unfortunately Fenian still wears his to training), and I know you have quiet respect for us, but I must, bias aplenty, disagree on your recap somewhat.
My two cents. Very clear that nobody is taking us lightly this year, and unfortunately that coupled with our yet to be solved flat starts of last year has got us into a hole the last three weeks. Sat was no different. All credit to the Wack who came out firing in the first 30, got a great goal, outworked us and outtackled us. Agreed, they could have finished us early, but that did not happen. Great goal out of nowhere late in the half by us, a unlucky bounce on the Wack's 2nd early after the restart, but from there Skip I lose you. Our fitness took over and other than a few counter attacks (I can see how they can regularly score 5+ goals), we deserved better IMO. Even though we lost another two points, a step in the right direction as I saw a allot of dissapointed faces at the final whistle in red uni's.
To be unbeaten after 5 weeks is great considering. We have as different a team this year from last as we did from two years ago. Lot's of changes and additions, and still learning to play together and mature as a team.
Thanks to GEU, who unfortunately look to be back on track, for keeping things close. And thanks to the Wack, JM and AS included, as that was a fun game to be involved in on Saturday. A respect and intense rivalry that bodes well for the rematch.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
LFC2,

You're certainly entitled to disagree with my opinion on the game. That is your right. However, if you re-read my post, paying particular attention to the highlighted sections, I think you will notice that I left room for some interpretation. You'll also notice that I gave credit to your side for their late surge which, as you put it, was due to your superior fitness:

Skip said:
Chilliwack perhaps a little unlucky not to get 3 points, as they had the opportunity to put Langley away in the first half and were the better team tonight IMO.....A late surge by Langley, and a questionable call against Chilliwack in a dangerous area resulted in Langley getting the equalizer.

Both of your side's goals were clinical finishes, with Beckar having NO chance at all on either of them. I must say though, two thing come to mind as I reflect on your game:

1) #14 or #16 for Chilliwack (can't recall which number he was) shat the bed on two or three great chances, one on a shot from about 10 yards out. If he finishes even one of these blown opportunities, I say Langley is done.

2) PNE giving a very weak, and questionable free kick to you in an extremely dangerous area late in the game, which resulted in your equalizing goal. I was impressed with Chilliwack's restraint after that to be honest, as I think they were done a great disservice by the man in the middle.

Put simply, you guys did well to equalize twice, and did indeed carry the play to Chilliwack in the last 20, but on the night, I thought Chilliwack were better, and deserved a better fate. Once again LFC2, just my opinion as a neutral observer. :cool:

~Skip

P.S., If Fenian would be willing to part with his PAU jacket, I know a few new bodies in our camp who would be willing to take it off his hands.

can

Sep 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big three points for geu suad on sunday.With us losing two of our big defenders about 15 min in geu sucked it up and got the three points. millsy with a couple huge stops in the 1st half to keep geu in it as pau contolled majority of first half, yet geu did have a couple of chances themselves with pau goalie making good stops. 2nd half was a much better half for geu, obviuosly scoring 3 in the 2nd half to take the three points. geu pushed a n extra man up front and seemed to put a ton more pressure on the backs of pau. On to hosting dmu next week a team which always gives geu trouble.
canverysoretodayespeciallyfromguinesseskneehightackle :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
LFC2 said:
bias aplenty, disagree on your recap somewhat.

What makes this thread interesting is the different perspectives. Not to say it is the case here, but can't see the forest for the trees syndrome is always present, my side included. Let's move on. It's Monday, Thanksgiving aside, and you are not working. The masses await MOTW, week 6.

cainy

Dec 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
At a time when GEUs confidence must be very fragile, they found a way to come from behind in the second half after being totaly outplayed in the first to win.Wisers, our subs would have been fine, had GEU continued playing the same formation as the first half, however they didn't. Hoss essentially became a fullback, marking Laitty, leaving the center of the park far to loose. In a professional league a coach might have pulled out the players he just put in,which would be very embarrasing for the players involved. I however chose to see if the could ride it out for a while. Unfortunately GEU put three past us before we changed back, and in my oppinion took control of the game again. To little to late. I have to take alot of the blame for the loss yesterday. I learned alot from the game and won't make the same mistake again.
If we had scored on the breakaway, Guiness's chip, or the goal line incident, which both came when we were up 1 nil, I think the game would have been out of reach. But if my aunt had balls well she would look like Guiness :D

hammertime

Aug 28, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey wisers, you're just scared of our little scoring race. By the way that was Hampton's first goal in about three years you big jerk. GEU turning things around, lets hope they can keep it going. The league looks interesting again, should make for some great matches. It was nice to see the special appearance of my good pal gong show at the GEU match yesterday.

gong show

Nov 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was a nice little come back for GEU on a field that hasn't yielded many good result's for them in year's past. As for my " special appearance" yesterday, get used to it. Someone has to get that Beer fund back on it's feet!!! ;) ;)
P.S. nice goal hammer, it almost looked like you knew what you were doing.....

nukes

Feb 12, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did I hear that the Hammer scored?? That can't be, he must not have been looking! As for Skip, I think he must have left at half time of the Langley / Chilli game. It seemed pretty lop-sided in the second half. Will be a fun rematch on Dec. 10th I believe. :wa:

pun_pride

Oct 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think that GN's success this year is coming straight from the backline; especially their right fullback leading the way with solid play...both physically and technically.

SoSolidSingh

Oct 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
GN's right fullback is a gay ****. Only defensive skill he has is sticking his finger in opponents assholes.

Learned that skill from their central defender aka mentos

Flash20

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
hey studsup, good luck with the nutmeg bet this weekend..ur gonna need it.......u will not meg me....dont forget that..........and kelowna was fcukin rockin eh??...

AAACCCHHHIIIIIIIIII

PainKiller

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
GN's right fullback is a gay ****. Only defensive skill he has is sticking his finger in opponents assholes.

But the question is, "does he stop you from getting around him or near him?"
The answer is yes, so therefore he is an excellent defenseman anchoring the GN Backline and a big part of their success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0