Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL Premier] Results & Banter - September

Who gets your pre-season vote for best chance at a league championship?

• Langley FC

Votes: 8 11.1%
  • Chilliwack Rapids

Votes: 19 26.4%
  • Delta Metro United

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • Peace Arch United

Votes: 12 16.7%
  • GEUU

Votes: 11 15.3%
  • Poco City Dominion

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Whalley Storm

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • GN/SUFC

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • ND Lions

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Dewdney

Votes: 3 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chilliwack 3 - PAU 1

I thought Chilliwack were deserving of the points today. I thought hey outchanced us in the first half, and were perhaps unlucky not to be up at the break. 0-0 at half.

Chilliwack went up 1-0 about mid-way through the second. We answered around the 75 minute mark with a tally from newcomber Kevin Saunders, who pushed forward from the back. They scored the winner 5 or 10 minutes later.

As expected, Chilliwack came to play today, and battled hard with few strong challenges and a couple yellow cards going to the visiting team.

I'm guessing they weren't all that happy about the long journey for the 10:00am start. :)

~S

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lions 3-2 Delta Metro

Good game for us, don't know if Delta was missing players or not, but the rumour is that Matt O. has quit. Neil Martin with 2 goals, and Ryan Fries with one for us.

Their goals came from a PK, which looked as if the player was going down already, Kris P. got a touch to him, but it happens i guess, and the second goal our new goalie threw out a ball to the wrong player, young davey snatched it up, he said he was trying to cross it, but it ended up in the top right corner.

On to GN next sat night.

jtgthanxdeltaforthespotsmanshipshowninthelast15min:rolleyes:

Dolph

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would like to take this opportunity to compliment Dewdney on their 2 games this weekend. They played some unreal soccer, both CAT and Premier, and really took it to GEU. Their ability to control the flow of the game was a real treat to watch for all who were present. Alas, not having their star striker did cost them as they were not quite able get their kick and run style going. In the end, they were unfortunate to not come away with 6 points but this was as good as they could possibly ever hope to play and look for them to challenge for the Pakenham this year.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dolph said:
Who were the two stoners that voted for Dewdney to win the league?

Well there is always some putz that votes for his own team. Despite their chances. :wa:

But who is able to understand the madness of voters on TTP anyhow, Langley "the undefeated" league champs only have 2 votes.

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
dewdney....

rumour is he spat on some 8 year old kid on the sidelines at the end of last season....the kid was prasing wade telling him hes the best forward ever! Wade brewed up a lugie and gave the kid a wallop to the melon. To this day nobody knows why he did it...I didnt catch the kids name....sounded like Harns, or maybe Herns...I dont know...

Anyways, has to sit out a few games under suspension.

If he was playing...im sure it would have been 3-1 DFC. We dodged a bullet! Too bad the kid couldnt say the same.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
outkast said:
dewdney....

rumour is he spat on some 8 year old kid on the sidelines at the end of last season....the kid was prasing wade telling him hes the best forward ever! Wade brewed up a lugie and gave the kid a wallop to the melon. To this day nobody knows why he did it...I didnt catch the kids name....sounded like Harns, or maybe Herns...I dont know...

Anyways, has to sit out a few games under suspension.

If he was playing...im sure it would have been 3-1 DFC. We dodged a bullet! Too bad the kid couldnt say the same.

LMAO :eek: :eek:

trapper

May 21, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wade was sitting for one game because of a red in the last game for yapping. He'll be back Friday for the Chilli game.

It was a rough game, as usual between GEU and us. We were unlucky to not get one in the first. GEU did control a lot of the play, but just couldn't create any really good chances, except for the goal. Good cross and good finish. I think we had 2 chances in the second half and that was it. They had one, and scored it. That seems to be the difference in premier. If the opposition gets a good chance, it's in. In Div 1, it is usually shanked. We've got to learn to finish what chances we get.

I thought it was a good game though. We didn't play particulary well. Maybe with Wade and Stu (injured in practice) we might have had a couple more chances. All in all, for our first game in premier, I didn't think we were too bad. There was some good things that happened out there, but there was also some ball watching that hurt us a bit.

I look forward to the next meeting with you guys. Hopefully I'll be ready to play. I broke a finger with 20 to go in the game. So I'll be out for a few weeks at the least.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No Poco boys around, that is different, nice win for them, good start to the season.
Silence from the Nation, PAU must have lost ;)
Silence is golden but boring.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regarding our game on the weekend.
Skip said it all. Really not much more to say. Chilli wanted it more. It was a poor effort from our side.

I took in the N.Delta vs Delta game.
Lions controlled most of the match, and deserved the win. Neil Martin with two goals and an assist. They had a strong starting line up with a new keeper and another new signing. Both x-douglas players. Delta Metro looked very young and did not win many of the battles on the field. They were missing M.Omerod with rumors flying around that he is not staying there. The one highlight they could take was Young Davie Burns goal, pushing it past 2 defenders and letting off a cracker from a hard angle in the top corner. That tied it up at that point. Delta were in and out of the dressing room. No joke, within 14 min. of the game ended, they were gone. Probably went in, got yelled at, then went home to play vids.

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
LION said:
They were missing M.Omerod with rumors flying around that he is not staying there. No joke, within 14 min. of the game ended, they were gone. Probably went in, got yelled at, then went home to play vids.

Omerod was at training last night.

When in the past 5 years have you known that team to hang around following a game? Probably the lowest beer fund in the history of the FVSL. Especially when sixfyv isn't there. ;)

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
bored said:
Silence from the Nation, PAU must have lost ;)
Silence is golden but boring.

How do I get a transfer to the Nation?, they show up to training, take their kit off, have a little chat, then head out to the Pub. Post game video review, I am sure over a few pitchers and nachos. No need to train when you hold the Pac Cup, for now, look out for the Rangers this year.

hos

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Milhouse said:
Omerod was at training last night.

When in the past 5 years have you known that team to hang around following a game? Probably the lowest beer fund in the history of the FVSL. Especially when sixfyv isn't there. ;)
i'm amazed he's already recovered from the bee sting!!!!! :D :D :D

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
How do I get a transfer to the Nation?, they show up to training, take their kit off, have a little chat, then head out to the Pub. Post game video review, I am sure over a few pitchers and nachos.

Cainy's taking a page out of the late, great Roger Neilson's book. We're now calling him Captain Video. :D

In all seriousness though, can someone do something about the lighting issue at Newton turf please!? Word around town is that there's a few fat asses blocking all the sun.......and they're all wearing Ranger's jerseys! :p

~Skip

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seriously!......it is fukcing lame in here!? What do we need to get some freakin' conversation going??: :mad:

The Dewdney Newbies to win a game?!?

Crafty to get a rash on his Cockney?!?

Langley to go unbeaten (again) before LFC2 says a word?!?

GEUU to add the word 'Un-intelligent' to their club name so they can be GEUUU?!?

Bored, Sliver and some other people with personality to come back and play in Poco??!!

Sage to get back from his camping trip?! (Seriously, how long have you been camped out in your new missus' crack anyway??!)

Whalley to get into the 90's and get hooked up to the internet!?

GN/IDon'tGiveAShit to sign a token white guy!?

..........did I miss anyone??? :D Sorry if I woke anyone from their season slumber.

~Skip

ArroyoBunk

Oct 11, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
why don't we get a little motw/predictions action started (although it should have been started days ago...):

no great match-ups this weekend so i have no preference for motw.

geu to beat delta by one.
wack to take dewdney by a few.
gn to end nd's one game win streak.
langley over delta by two.
peace arch by two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money