Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL Premier] Results & Banter - September

Who gets your pre-season vote for best chance at a league championship?

• Langley FC

Votes: 8 11.1%
  • Chilliwack Rapids

Votes: 19 26.4%
  • Delta Metro United

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • Peace Arch United

Votes: 12 16.7%
  • GEUU

Votes: 11 15.3%
  • Poco City Dominion

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Whalley Storm

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • GN/SUFC

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • ND Lions

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Dewdney

Votes: 3 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lions 5- GN 1

1-1 at the half but then the Lions took over in the second half especially in a 10 minute breakdown by us in which they scored 3 goals. In the second half they just kept on running and were rewarded by pressuring our D. Onto to GEUU next friday.

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
star #1 said:
Lions 5- GN 1

1-1 at the half but then the Lions took over in the second half especially in a 10 minute breakdown by us in which they scored 3 goals. In the second half they just kept on running and were rewarded by pressuring our D. Onto to GEUU next friday.

If I had a nickle for everytime someone, ok star# 1, said onto whomever whenever i would have $6.85. Good luck against somebody sometime.

Although a shitty goal tonight, it is the least the guy could give us after stealing points off of us over the last few years. Don't underestimate Poco, although a few familiar faces, a very different team and work ethic as they pushed for the full 90. They will be in the mix at the end of the day.

kokanee

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
star #1 said:
Lions 5- GN 1

5-1, ouch. Seems like you guys could use a tiger of a right back :D
Maybe next week. Or the week after since he is a little bit behind in school. Ouch, 5-1.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
kokanee said:
5-1, ouch. Seems like you guys could use a tiger of a right back :D
Maybe next week. Or the week after since he is a little bit behind in school. Ouch, 5-1.

What kind of teammate throws in a :D in writting about his team's loss? Right there- that's the reason why GN has always had a load of tallent, but can't win when it counts.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Come on Poco, you got shafted.
Nice to hear that with all the changes the team is going to compete every night.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
PAU 4 - Whalley 2

Whalley opened the scoring today in the first couple minutes. We equalized at 35 minutes, only to relinquish the lead again before half. Three goals in the second half sealed the deal for us though.

Whalley were thin today. Full credit to them for scoring two against the flow really, but the better team won on the day. I have a ton of respect for this Whalley team, as they always seem to bring us a match. Today though, was really not much of a match at all. PAU must have had about 80% of the ball, with Whalley missing a few key players, most notably Sandro. Their keeper was great, making a few outstanding saves. The last of which he threw himself into the goal-post getting a paw on a Guinness free-kick labelled top corner.

Onto the unbeaten, and defending league champs next week. We'll be expecting a different type of match, and hopefully tightening things up from a defensive standpoint. 5 goals against in the first two games isn't the pace we'd like.

~Skip

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lion's share

oh.....forgot to mention, Lion with the natural hat-trick today! Nice way to celebrate your birthday paisan! :D

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Lion's share

Skip said:
oh.....forgot to mention, Lion with the natural hat-trick today! Nice way to celebrate your birthday paisan! :D

Well done Lion (25) and all the boys...I guess cainy's job is safe for now. I haven't forgot about that free pint Sage...if you've got more goals than Lion by the time I show up then I'll buy you the pint.

again, make sure there are quality pints will ya :cool:

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
bored said:
Come on Poco, you got shafted.
Nice to hear that with all the changes the team is going to compete every night.

No shaft. I think most watching would say a fair result. Just an unlucky way for us to get our goal.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
"The Goal"

So, can someone from either camp please enlighten the rest of with details of "the goal"?

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: "The Goal"

Skip said:
So, can someone from either camp please enlighten the rest of with details of "the goal"?

Nukes, who will offer a different version, let a dribbler go from about 30ish and I guess the keeper took his eye off of it as it was making its way towards him, and somehow skipped through him. It happens.

ArroyoBunk

Oct 11, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
because the fvsl website is useless:

........team............pts......gf.......ga.....+/-
1. chilliwack...........6........9........1......+8
2. nd lions..............6........8........3......+5
3. langley...............6........3........1......+2
4. golden ears.........3........4........3......+1
5. delta metro.........3........6........6.......0
6. peace arch..........3........5........5.......0
7. poco...................3........1........1.......0
8. whalley...............0........2........5......-3
9. gn sporting.........0........2........7......-5
10. dewdney...........0........0........7......-7

memyselfandi

Sep 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good Summary - one minor mistake. Langley 2 for, none against in for and against columns. We are trying to replicate our beloved Liverpool this season. Must say the boys are delighted with the red socks this year!

ArroyoBunk

Oct 11, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
my bad...

........team............pts......gf.......ga.....+/-
1. chilliwack...........6........9........1......+8
2. nd lions..............6........8........3......+5
3. langley...............6........2........0......+2
4. golden ears.........3........4........3......+1
5. delta metro.........3........6........6.......0
6. peace arch..........3........5........5.......0
7. poco...................3........1........1.......0
8. whalley...............0........2........5......-3
9. gn sporting.........0........2........7......-5
10. dewdney...........0........0........7......-7

nukes

Feb 12, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude, you should have been there. I will walk you through "the goal" from the shooters perspective. It was like slow-motion, I was planning on a give-and-go with Heiny. In fact I had to actually say give-and-go out loud just so that Heiny would pass me the ball. If he really knew that I wasn't going to give it back to him, then I'm sure he never would have made the initial pass. I took the pass, turned towards the PoCo net, and unleashed a welly of shot from somewhere around 20-25 yrds. Rather than shooting the predicatable top-shelfer, I elected to top the ball and bounce it along the carpet, on the complete other side of the goal as I was intending. Luckily, the keeper went for my eye fake and was fooled into making a poor first step. The rest was....... well. Unfortunately, Heiny is still mad that I didn't give him the return pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0