Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL Premier] Results & Banter - September

Who gets your pre-season vote for best chance at a league championship?

• Langley FC

Votes: 8 11.1%
  • Chilliwack Rapids

Votes: 19 26.4%
  • Delta Metro United

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • Peace Arch United

Votes: 12 16.7%
  • GEUU

Votes: 11 15.3%
  • Poco City Dominion

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Whalley Storm

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • GN/SUFC

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • ND Lions

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Dewdney

Votes: 3 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's still VERY early. I prefer this slightly altered version of the standings. :D

........team............pts......gf.......ga.....+/-
1. chilliwack...........6........9........1......+8
1. nd lions..............6........8........3......+5
1. langley...............6........3........1......+2
4. golden ears.........3........4........3......+1
4. delta metro.........3........6........6.......0
4. peace arch..........3........5........5.......0
4. poco...................3........1........1.......0
8. whalley...............0........2........5......-3
8. gn sporting.........0........2........7......-5
8. dewdney...........0........0........7......-7

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm baaack!!! (don't get excited, it would be for long)

Whalley 2 PAU 4

Good result for us at the end of the day... Skip pretty much summed things up well enough for a phys ed. teacher... Thanks for the props on the one I scored Skippy!!! :rolleyes:
Originally posted by:Skip
Their keeper was great, making a few outstanding saves. The last of which he threw himself into the goal-post getting a paw on a Guinness free-kick labelled top corner.
We have been at it now for almost a month and are beginning to find our shape... However, our team defence has been less than spectacular to say the least!!! We let Chilli score 2 late goals in week 1 and then allowed Whalley a goal in the first 5 minutes... From front to back we seem to give up an inch which has been turning into a mile... Things should start to tighten up soon, with the battling for spots becoming more competitive...
This week would be the perfect time to sort it out with the defending league champion and heavily favored LFC coming to town... I guess the Nation have something to prove and picking on Nukes and the boys would be a good place to start!!! ;)

Peace out.

ArroyoBunk

Oct 11, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
friday sept. 23

9:00 mackie turf: gn sporting vs geu
gn will be looking for their first win of the season after dropping games to langley and the lions while geu will be trying to forget about the game that got away from them last weekend against dmu.
i pick geu.

8:00 gates turf: poco vs nd lions
poco looked strong last week against langley and were unlucky to not come away with at least one point. the lions have started the season in fine fashion, beating dmu in week one and then man-handling gn last week.
i pick poco.

sunday sept. 25

2:15 ahp matthews: whalley vs chilliwack
whalley staved off relegation last season by battling every game. they're a tough bunch who are not afraid of a little contact. they've started slow but are bound to get things righted. chilliwack has had good start with two wins and will be looking to make it three.
i pick chilliwack.

2:15 john oliver: delta metro vs dewdney
delta persevered last weekend and came from behind to beat geu by one. their fitness and hard work makes them a dangerous opponent. dewdney have had a tough first couple of games at the premier level, losing to two big tough teams in geu and chilli, and have yet to find the back of the opponent's net.
i pick delta.

10:00 south surrey ath#6: peace arch vs langley
the pak cup champs vs the still undefeated reigning league champs. peace arch will try to put an end to langley's regular season winning streak, which has carried over into this season from the last, and start one of their own. langley, always a tough team to play, will not fold without a fight.
my motw. i forsee a draw.

anybody else got any thoughts on week three?

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
ArroyoBunk said:
friday sept. 23
8:00 gates turf: poco vs nd lions
poco looked strong last week against langley and were unlucky to not come away with at least one point. the lions have started the season in fine fashion, beating dmu in week one and then man-handling gn last week.
i pick poco.
in other football week 3...... am i right in asuming you took the cleveland browns to beat the colts :confused: :D !!!

ArroyoBunk

Oct 11, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
i'm just basing my pick on what i remember of the lions last year. you guys finished with three wins. you've already got two and i'll assume that you take one game from dewdney. so this one has to go to poco. :eek:

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
My two bits....

GN
Draw
Chilli
Delta
No call :D

I must say, I am quite surprised at the early success of both Poco & the Lions. Congrats to both sides. This will actually be an interesting match IMO, as it appears both teams are young, hard working and organized.

GN to beat GEU, with them holding a slight edge in experience. Nothing else.

Chilliwack will make a meal out of Whalley if the 'worst dressed' team in the valley show up with the same line-up they did last week.

Delta will beat Dewdney with relative ease. Gaining some confidence from last week's win.

PAU/Langley will be a good match I think, as both sides leave nothing on the field when they play each other. Nukes to try to dribble a blooper past us early, to no avail. :D

~Skip

LittleKeeper

Nov 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just so you know ArroyoBunk. Walls plays for the Div 2 ND Nationals who will NEVER make it pass Div. 2. He does not represent the ND Lions at all, and we wish he didn't represent the ND club but...I guess the soccer gods can't always smile on you. Most of our club is respectful of people's opinions but I will say this. The Lions won 3 games last year, but one was against Poco so I think it is up in the air. Should come down to who wants it more

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just noticed Sixfyv's latest edition to the profile:

"Zero Goals Against in '05 Season"

........not superstitious at all big guy? Some might be worried about jinxing themselves. :D

How long's the streak gonna last??

~S

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
i guess you didnt notice the asterix... :D

* please note that the subject has not yet seen the field

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
LittleKeeper said:
Just so you know ArroyoBunk. Walls plays for the Div 2 ND Nationals who will NEVER make it pass Div. 2. He does not represent the ND Lions at all, and we wish he didn't represent the ND club but...I guess the soccer gods can't always smile on you. Most of our club is respectful of people's opinions but I will say this. The Lions won 3 games last year, but one was against Poco so I think it is up in the air. Should come down to who wants it more
sorry for dirrecting a piss take towards someone in the premier division that thinks this years lions are a flash in the pan little man!!! if you had any mental capacity at all you would've realized that i was sticking up for our club, and taking the piss. i suppose that you represent the lions :rolleyes: :rolleyes: !! and in terms of the club.........do you represent? no, you far from REPRESENT!!! all you do is make little bi*ch made comments, most of the time complimenting people who have just taken the piss out of your players or your team. GROW SOME FCUKIN BALLS!!!! any time you want my job you've got it.....i expect to see your candy arse at the next club meeting wee one.....i'm sure you'll be there sitting on john's knee with bells on. can't wait for your input, and we could always use more volunteers to spend their free time dealing with soccer issues so snivling little cnuts like yourself can play. you also are not a premier player!! i don't know when the mental lapse arrived, but as i recall you are in the 2nd division as well, no???? the difference is you were called up for a game or two by a premier team sitting dead last in the division with an injured keeper who is just now coming back from injury. that does not make you a premier player, a representative for the lions, or anyone even remotely close to being able to speak on what our club oppinions are. like i said, you want to speak for our club and disrespect me publicly....you put in the four years of your own time like myself and the others on our executive have. then, and ONLY then, will i value your opinion.
pss- i think you're a wicked keeper, and i don't want to lash out on you or any other guys in our club....but fcuk....when are you guys gonna learn??
GOOD LUCK TO ALL ND TEAMS THIS WEEKEND!!!! :wa: :cool: :wa:

Rivermouth

Oct 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
*wiping down walls* I just have to wipe the 'mud' that's just recently been slung, and that looks like it just hit the fan, off of the walls...give me a sec...*finishing up* there. Done.

Nope...no minute back. *sigh* Make that two.

hahaha

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just how many teams in the league are part of the ND Club.?

My understanding is that the Lions (Prem & CAT)and Nationals are affiliated for a total of three teams. The Titans in Div 2 and FC in Div1 are separate entities.

Is that correct.?

Cheers

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
the lions premier and cat, the nationals, ndfc and the titans are all one club. prior to this season the players were also a part of our club but have gone out on their own playing out of langley as the five corners fc in div2, and for some reason they've been allowed to use our clubs spot to play out of???

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
My takes for week 3.

G.N. to take GEU 3-1
Chilli to take Whalley 4-0 (like skip said, if that is the same team, no Sandro, Peter or Kerr) I would say 3 out of there top 6 players missing, they will be in tough)
Delta to down Dewdney 3-1. (Dewdney to score there first goal in Prem.)
The mighty Lions to down poco, 2-1.
PAU- Langley.....hmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0