Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL Premier] Results & Banter - September

Who gets your pre-season vote for best chance at a league championship?

• Langley FC

Votes: 8 11.1%
  • Chilliwack Rapids

Votes: 19 26.4%
  • Delta Metro United

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • Peace Arch United

Votes: 12 16.7%
  • GEUU

Votes: 11 15.3%
  • Poco City Dominion

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Whalley Storm

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • GN/SUFC

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • ND Lions

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Dewdney

Votes: 3 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

cainy

Dec 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skip said:
Honestly, Langley are beginning to establish quite a legacy. Unbeaten in an entire season is quite extraordinary, but another win this weekend to extend the streak, and some may begin to place them in the company of the legendary Surrey United teams of the 90's.
~Skip
Langleys run while impressive doesn't come close to back to back to back to back to back championships. With a cup sprinkled in there, plus a B.C final and promotion to the VMSL
The unsilent majority strikes again. ;)

BSLU

Sep 22, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langley 1 PAU 1
What a boring game! Langley scored 5 mins in, and then let PAU dick around with the ball and let them pretend to play soccer. Nothing too dangerous from PAU, lots of field goals and meaningless possesion. Their goal was a nice strike from about 20 yards out off of the post and in. But overall not a great showing from either team.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
What are you talking about. Second half we pressured heavy but did not get many clear strikes on the net as Langley played smart with 9 men behind the ball and stacked the box. Langley scored a one early and it was all PAU pressuring with a few dangerous counters here and there. We were unlucky to get the 3 points today. Cooper with a beautiful strike to tie it up late in the game. But we had some chances before that but many were blocked or missed the target. Great game, with Great reffing.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Delta 4 - 2 Dewds

Delta down 1-0 at the half... then 2-0 after 50 mins.

A lot of heart shown in the last 40 to grind back and win with a convincing second half. One Q though... when the fcuk are we going to play 90 mins?

ArroyoBunk

Oct 11, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
wack 3 - 1 whalley

chilli notched two quick goals halfway through the first. nick muscled (or larded?) two chilli defensemen to pull whalley within one early in the second only to see that lead reinflated to two moments later as a pk was converted.

very ugly game today. a ton of fouls and cards, mostly against chilli in their own half. i don't usually get on the refs too bad but the guy we had today was an absolute joke. late in the second whalley's keeper caught the ball on the run in his eighteen, took three steps outside the box, looked at where he was and scampered back into his box. the ref, from about ten yards away, signals for play to carry on: fu#king joke! chilli didn't need the call but still, come on...

oodles

Nov 2, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ya,shite game today from both sides and most noteably the ref.
I have to thank the young "tough guy" from Whally world though for clarifying who it was that I tripped over last year and bonked my melon on the concrete turf. He was so proud of the moment it nearly brought a tear to my eye. He must not know I have a wooden head. :)

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
LION said:
What are you talking about. Second half we pressured heavy but did not get many clear strikes on the net as Langley played smart with 9 men behind the ball and stacked the box. Langley scored a one early and it was all PAU pressuring with a few dangerous counters here and there. We were unlucky to get the 3 points today. Cooper with a beautiful strike to tie it up late in the game. But we had some chances before that but many were blocked or missed the target. Great game, with Great reffing.

Agree to a point, we sat trying to protect the goal. Almost worked except for a nice strike late to tie. I think both teams could say they deserved the three, as we could have easily got one or two more in the first with a bit of luck.
I think this rivalry has finally gotten to the point where that it is all it is. Two teams with a decent amount of respect for each other, clean game with little bitching at each other except for JC and Fenian. Look forward to the rematch, as these are the games both teams need if they are to represent the Valley in the provincials.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skip said:
Honestly, Langley are beginning to establish quite a legacy. ~Skip
What??? A legacy in just a year, Skip, pull your head out!

Skip said:
Unbeaten in an entire season is quite extraordinary, but another win this weekend to extend the streak, and some may begin to place them in the company of the legendary Surrey United teams of the 90's. ~Skip
What??? Skip seriously??? Someone grab the other ankle, Skip is really lodged in there.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fenian vs. Loyalist

LFC2 said:
with little bitching at each other except for JC and Fenian.

It's that good old North/South divide that will never end.
I'm sure this is all about religion too.

You two do realize the IRA disposed of their weapons eh?

Get over it and kiss and make up like the Irish politicians.

RF

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
bored said:
What??? Skip seriously??? Someone grab the other ankle, Skip is really lodged in there.

It was all part of a master plan to get Cainy to say something here. :D

As far as the game yesterday goes, I agree with LFC2 that there is a mutual respect amongst teams. It's hard not to find respect for a team that put together an unbeaten record last season. That though, is as far as I will go with agreeing.

It would have been a great injustice if we hadn't got at the very least, a draw out of the match. As I saw it, the first half was pretty equally played. Langley emerged 1-0 up at the break, but PAU had one or two chances that could have easily put us up. One standing out in my mind was a scramble around the Langley 18 yard box, in which we managed a couple shots that were fired off sprawling red shirts packed in the box.

The second half was pretty much one way traffic IMO, with most of the action in Langley's end. The only exception to this was one or two quick counters by the reds which caught us on heels while we were pressing hard for the equalizer.

In any event, the streak lives...... :mad:

~Skip

P.S. Cracker goal in the CAT game LFC2! Nice to see an old guy(like myself) light the lamp once in while.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
From the FVSL website:

Premier # Team GP W T L GF GA PTS
1 Chilliwack Rapids 3 3 0 0 12 2 9
2 North Delta Lions 3 3 0 0 7 3 9
3 LUFC United 3 2 1 0 3 1 7
4 Golden Ear United 3 2 0 1 7 4 6
5 Delta Metro United 3 2 0 1 10 8 6
6 Peace Arch United 3 1 1 1 6 6 4
7 Poco City Dominion 3 1 0 2 2 4 3
8 Whalley Storm 3 0 0 3 4 9 0
9 GN Sporting Club 3 0 0 3 1 6 0
10 Dewdney FC Razorbacks 3 0 0 3 2 11 0

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
outkast said:
skip??? updated standings please.

best regards.

Good Lord Outkast,
if you can see this site you can hit he FVSL site yourself ya lazy bastard!
:rolleyes:

Sage

Jan 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skip said:
Premier # Team GP W T L GF GA PTS
1 Chilliwack Rapids 3 3 0 0 12 2 9
2 North Delta Lions 3 3 0 0 7 3 9
3 LUFC United 3 2 1 0 3 1 7
4 Golden Ear United 3 2 0 1 7 4 6
5 Delta Metro United 3 2 0 1 10 8 6
6 Peace Arch United 3 1 1 1 6 6 4
7 Poco City Dominion 3 1 0 2 2 4 3
8 Whalley Storm 3 0 0 3 4 9 0
9 GN Sporting Club 3 0 0 3 1 6 0
10 Dewdney FC Razorbacks 3 0 0 3 2 11 0

Aaaah yes, just where we want to be.... out of relegation trouble :D

ArroyoBunk

Oct 11, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
so... how about week four:

friday september 30

7:30 rotary turf: golden ears vs poco
in years passed this has been an exciting match up, on paper and on the pitch. this year it doesn't look like much when comparing records but i expect it to be a battle nonetheless.
i call a draw.

8:00 exhibition stadium: chilliwack vs delta metro
chilli mucked it up in whalley last weekend to come away with a win while delta once again came from behind to get three points. this game will require a better showing from both teams if they want a result.
no pick.

saturday october 1

9:00 mackie turf: nd lions vs peace arch
the lions have impressed with three straight wins to start the campaign while peace arch has started slowly having to play two top teams in the first three weeks. can nd beat a 'real' team to continue their streak or will peace arch tame the lions?
i pick pau.

7:00 map oval: langley vs whalley
langley battled to a draw with peace arch on the weekend to extend their unbeaten streak while whalley fell to 0-3 at the hands of the rapids. whalley is a physical team but should be no match for a savvy langley side.
i pick langley.

12 noon pitt meadows ath. #1: dewdney vs gn sporting
a battle of the bottom dwellers. both teams have yet to earn a point while their combined goals for is three. one thing, i suppose, is for certain: at least one of these teams will erase that zero from their points column this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0