Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL Premier] Results & Banter - September

Who gets your pre-season vote for best chance at a league championship?

• Langley FC

Votes: 8 11.1%
  • Chilliwack Rapids

Votes: 19 26.4%
  • Delta Metro United

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • Peace Arch United

Votes: 12 16.7%
  • GEUU

Votes: 11 15.3%
  • Poco City Dominion

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Whalley Storm

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • GN/SUFC

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • ND Lions

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Dewdney

Votes: 3 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skip said:
From what I've heard, there is no one left (from the old gaurd at least) to post!! I'm more than a little surprised to hear that Sliver and others have decided to move on, and play elsewhere. Not sure what to expect from the Poco team this season.

Sliver, Snowman, Scott Parker, Jay Mackinnon, Greg Burkett(player coach) have all moved on. Big changes in Poco.
New Coach and a bunch of new players, some of the old gaurd are still around including Joel Logan, he will keep them in games as he always does

Jock

Jul 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I honestly think POCO will be a threat this season. I’m all for younger player playing at the higher levels. I think in both the VMSL & FVSL you hit your prime between 26 & 30, bringing younger players up now is a great investment for the future! BigBag is a good coach who has high standards for his players if they’re not doing well he’ll make the changes needed to be successful.

United United will do well this season. After convincingly wining our final friendly last night I don’t see why we can’t compete for top spot. We have all the right players in all the right positions the only spot that’s suspect (which is probably the most important) is keeper. If Witherspoon signs then the puzzle will be complete!

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jock,
You have no idea. Poco and Geuu for top spot/a threat this season.
Keep talking, Knights style.

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Schedule is up...and some interesting first week games.

Friday:

SUFCGN vs Langley
Poco City vs Whalley

Saturday:

Dewdney FC vs GEU 'U'
Delta Metro vs North Delta

Sunday:

Peach Arch vs Chilliwack

MOTW has to go to PAU and the Wack. Should be a tough game for two of the top teams in the league this year. GEU and DFC should also be a dog fight.

ArroyoBunk

Oct 11, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
hey peace arch, is the time of our first game correct on the fvsl website? it has both the prem and cat teams playing at 10am.
and if it is correct...wtf!? 10am!? that's fcuking early!

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ArroyoBunk,
Both games are at 10:00 but if you look closely you'll see the games on are different fields.
:)

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cainy.

Do you really play at 10 am or is this a miss print or a piss take?

Nice times boys. Welcome to over 35's. :rolleyes:

LucVanLierde

Not Bright
Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Friday 9-Sep-05
GN Sporting Club vs LUFC United - Mackie Turf 9:00 PM

Friday 9-Sep-05
Poco City Dominion vs Whalley Storm - Gates Turf 9:00 PM

Saturday 10-Sep-05
Dewdney FC vs GEU United - Pitt Meadows Athletic Park #12:15 PM

Saturday 10-Sep-05
Delta Metro United vs North Delta Lions - John Oliver Park 2:15 PM

Sunday 11-Sep-05
Peace Arch vs Chilliwack - South Surrey Athletic Park #6 10:00 AM

Skip, We are waiting for your MOTW analysis and breakdown.

Of course Dewdney and the UKs (Ultra Knights) drew each other first match.

This is the only place im superstitious, there will be no predictions just yet.

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Week one for us is Sunday not Saturday as posted on the FVSL website for both CAT and Premier games.

The league have been notified of the error and we should see the change posted soon.

Cheers

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
LucVanLierde said:
Of course Dewdney and the UKs (Ultra Knights) drew each other first match.

This is the only place im superstitious, there will be no predictions just yet.
Chicken Siht!
Have some balls and make a pick
:)

PS: I edited your post so we could understand it.
;)

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
ArroyoBunk said:
wtf!? 10am!? that's fcuking early!

It's not a mistake. We had some serious issues with field times, which I believe is mainly due to the fact that the new turf field is still under construction. 10:00 am will be our time for the first few weeks at least. You Chilliwack boys better leave now to get there in time for the game next weekend. :D

Jock

Jul 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
LION said:
Jock,
You have no idea. Poco and Geuu for top spot/a threat this season.
Keep talking, Knights style.

If that was a piss takes, weak sauce.
I never once mentioned anything about POCO competing for top spot; I said they would be a “threat” meaning they shouldn’t be underestimated! As far as GEUU go yeah I think we’ll compete why wouldn’t I?

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Okay I know Sir Cainy has this thing for playing on SUNDAY and all.(Trust me i have heard the speach! :D )

But 10 am even if it is only for a while is shocking at a Premier level.

If you are not used to playing at this time, Wow!

Skip we have a Field or two at Newton that you can have at Two O clock buddy boy.

Let me know?

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coach said:

?
Christ riding Luc's pogo stick with the attachable dildo seat to the local hair salon to get it dyed Luc's colors what in the worlds the matter with 10am kickoff? Have you never been up before 9am for something important in life???

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coach,

Not everyone is used to playing at 7:30 or 9:00PM on a Friday night either!

cainy

Dec 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coach said:
Okay I know Sir Cainy has this thing for playing on SUNDAY and all.(Trust me i have heard the speach! :D )

If you are not used to playing at this time, Wow!

Skip we have a Field or two at Newton that you can have at Two O clock buddy boy.

Let me know?
10 am is correct, Hopefuly only for a month.We currently have two new fields under construction field #4 has lights, a track and a new lit grass field in the middle. Field # 10 is the new turf field wich will be ready for October, by all accounts things are on scheduale. Thanx for the offer coach but we are content to just train on your turf fields thru the week and play on our grass fields on the weekends. By the way tell the Rangers to keep the shyte gravel laden balls off our turf :D

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Very True Reggsy.

Sorry Girth, i will leave the pogo stick riding to you big man? :rolleyes:

Cainy we are all set to go with new turf training times!

I still have a field or two if you need it!

striker12

Aug 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
burkee&nonis said:
Anyone from Whalley Storm around??? They said that you are the last premier team left that hasn't notified them of a home park. Are you looking for something other than AHP Matthews?

The sooner you guys get it in we might get a schedule out.

I forgive you for spreading this B.S Burkee. I see you're still upset about the ass kicking we gave you in the Summer League Finals :D

The Storm always have had the same pitch and game times, the schedules always late. I'd like to add that they've fixed up our pitch and it's looking good.

burkee&nonis

Aug 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Striker 12,

I just stated what was said at the FVSL meeting. I went to pay my dues and asked why the schedule wasn't up and the league replied that they were waiting for 1 premier team to contact the league with their times which just happened to be you. Nothing to be upset about.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skip, We are waiting for your MOTW analysis and breakdown.

Honestly, I don't know enough about teams at this stage to be able to give any meaningful insight. This year seems to me to be one of transition for a lot of teams, and very few of the regular posters have tipped their hand as of yet with regards to new signings etc. I think it'll take a couple weeks, and some results, before a MOTW thread will come to fruition.

That being said, there ARE some intriguing match-ups this week.

GN/SUFC vs Langley

Nee a word on here from LFC2! and I for one am eager to see what the defending League Champs will look like in their opener against what should surely be a stronger GN team. I've heard some vets have left the Reds, but I know LFC2 has had his fingers in the 'college pool' pie. Tough to call this one. I'll go with Langley though, who will undoubtedly be fit and ready to go, if nothing else.

Poco vs Whalley

I hate to say this, but I think Whalley has a bright future infront of them. They are tough to play, and have improved game by game in their two campaigns in the top flight. Poco on the other hand, appears to be very GREEN this season by all accounts. Losing Greg and Loyd among other notables will certainly take its toll. Whalley to punish the new look Poco side.

Dewdney vs GEU

Not much worth mentioning about this one IMO. I've not seen any of the Razorbacks, but having been around a while, it's almost a given they will struggle to make the jump and stay in the Prem. division. One of the major questions this year is how the new look GEU team will fair. Losing Millsy will hurt FULL STOP. GEU in a one goal game.

ND Lions vs Delta Metro

Crafty will have his recruits in top shape, and ready to battle. This is a necessity, as intelligence has indicated a 'limitedly talented' side who will have to rely on hard work to get results. Crafty's militaristic pre-season regiment will give Delta the edge over the Lions in this one.

PAU vs Chilliwack

This is the MOTW. Not for biased reasons, but simply because these two teams are among the only ones (save perhaps GN/SUFC) who have most likely improved themselves in the off-season. PAU have added youth and depth in all positions, while Chilliwack has simply acquired another solid year together, with a line-up that was already strong and capable. No call on this match.

I'm curious to hear other's opinions......

~Skip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0