Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL Premier] Results, Banter & Such October 09'

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not sure whats going on...should be way different for alot of these teams now that collage is finnished...We shall see who goes where. I have a few comeing back and Im lookin for some more defence. A strong couple more backs would be nice as the season takes its toll on alot of guys (Injuries,Cards) and I dont want to be short for Provincials like last year. We went to the Island with 11. So many games with 2 Cups and league.
And Cup games and Provincials guys play so hard that injuries are very common.
We shall see what I can muster up.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thumping! Premier division seems to be getting watered down no?

Not really that surprising. Two huge thumpings against abby and chilli on Sunday at 8pm. I have a feeling Chilli may have been missing some key players. Not taking anything away from ACBC but I think a lot of teams would struggle to get all the boys out at that time. End of the day people have families, jobs and it's fvsl amateur football. Don't get me wrong I would be there but for a lot of people it can't be absolute top priority.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not really that surprising. Two huge thumpings against abby and chilli on Sunday at 8pm. I have a feeling Chilli may have been missing some key players. Not taking anything away from ACBC but I think a lot of teams would struggle to get all the boys out at that time. End of the day people have families, jobs and it's fvsl amateur football. Don't get me wrong I would be there but for a lot of people it can't be absolute top priority.

Then they shouldnt be wasting spots on premier teams... thats what div 1/2/3
are for...

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree with Polska...I know most dont like Sundays at 8pm..But please your asked to play it 1 ONCE a year..Just one dam time a whole year...So that doesnt fly with me at all...We do it every home game and we show up...You ever think its easy to get to GEU or Chilliwack by 6;30 on a Friday dureing Rush hour from where we are...We actually have to get out or off of work early to make those games in time for warmup. But we sacrifice a little because we have to and we want to play Premier and those are the times.
(ps my team lives all over the place and most dont drive. Its not easy for us to make any game thats not near the Skytrain Station. But we do.)

Getting to your game happens to be apart of the game.
So is filling out the paperwork correctly (and I know)
Haveing a bench (subs)
Matching kits (ugly or not)
Prepairing for injuries,cards,collage guys,holidays,work,weddings and family stuff.
Repairing nets with holes in them and haveing corner flags.
Its not just the 11 on the field that makes a game.
Its a bunch of things that can determine an outcome of a game that makes a game.
So being in Premier you should be prepaired for everything.
Or do what Polska suggests and Play div 1,2,or 3.

ratvay

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
i dont know who was the ref that officiated the Ald-PM game but has to be one of the worst officiated games i've ever seen. i know we already had a really big banter about ref's but when a ref calls a foul and says "no touchy touchy" theres a problem. I know PM would agree with me that it was brutal.

nukes

Feb 12, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am certain that in the 2009 FIFA rulebook, section 20, subsection iv, it states "a player may not physically impede an opponent's attempt to get to the ball by purposefully getting in the way or by touchy touchy". It may be a grey area, but I believe that the referee can book a player for overly touchy touchy play. In fact, the more I think about it, the more I recall being disciplined for touchy touchy play myself. If memory serves me right the ref called it "huggy bear" at that particular time. Maybe others can help me out here with this one.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Come to think of it, nukes, you were pretty touchy touchy last time we played. I certainly got the 'no' feeling...

nukes

Feb 12, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm glad to see that you are picking up on the correct vibe. That only comes with experience! I specifically remember talk of your mother during our last game, but we won't take that any further.

jbeck

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

I don't think we felt hard done by regarding the game time, it was the decimation by flu and injuries that we were more concerned with. 11 players (not all healthy), no goalie available, and a lot of poor play on our part added up to a disaster of a night. Full marks to ACBC, they jumped on a crippled Chilli squad last night.

surreyu

Sep 23, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you think its watered down this year wait and see what next year will hold. The top 4 teams playing in the super league, 4 div 1 teams making the jump up to prem. Next year's valley prem will be a glorified div 1 league.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you think its watered down this year wait and see what next year will hold. The top 4 teams playing in the super league, 4 div 1 teams making the jump up to prem. Next year's valley prem will be a glorified div 1 league.

So what you're saying is the Rangers are gonna go up to premier next year?:D

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Only 3 FVSL premier teams make the jump to the super league so it's not that bad.

For the super league.

surreyu

Sep 23, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought it was 4 from each league, for a total of 12 teams.

Girth,

The bottom 4 teams in the prem and the top 4 teams in Div 1 are pretty interchangable. You take 3 or 4 of the top teams out of valley prem you essentially leave the league with 7 or 8 good div 1 teams and 3 or 4 average valley prem teams.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
It would make sence to call the remaining teams (in FVSL and VMSL) div 1 anyways as in the VISL.
And change the divisions on down too.
Premier promoted to Premier is sort of silly.
We would then have div 1,2,3 and 4.
I know the Premier teams remaining wont like it ...but really? they are not in Premier anymore.

canucklehead

Mar 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
It would make sence to call the remaining teams (in FVSL and VMSL) div 1 anyways as in the VISL.
And change the divisions on down too.
Premier promoted to Premier is sort of silly.
We would then have div 1,2,3 and 4.
I know the Premier teams remaining wont like it ...but really? they are not in Premier anymore.

Don't kid yourself. The remaining VMSL Premier teams would still kick the FVSL/VISL Super League contingent around the park over an 18 week league. So, I think it's safe to still call the VMSL Premier just that. As for the other 2 leagues; proof will be in the pudding I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0