Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL Premier] Vote for Muzz

Vote for...

• Total voters

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: FVSL All Star team

Dude, surely you are not picking the team based on "past" performances??? To be a true all star team you have to select players based on what he has done in the premier league "this" season??? Murray is less effective than Dewdney's striker let alone the rest of the league's... Slane was pish again last night (red boots and all)... On a positive note, Jimmy likes to score and the rest of the Chilli boys will be available for selection as they don't have another meaningful match for over a month!!!

However, I do llike crazykicker's idea od having Aaron Williams involved in the coaching dudies... I also think Matt Cooper would be a great fit in this team in a leader capacity.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [FVSL Premier] Results & Banter - March 2006

Murray is less effective than Dewdney's striker let alone the rest of the league's
Maybe you should be introduced to a certain elbow to make your comments on here more effective.

:rolleyes:

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: back on topic

I know what Howes is capable of... My point not off topic nor moot like yours, was he would not do SFA against the Caps at his OLD age!!! Duh!!!

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guinness:
Seriously man.
You have to be fcuking kidding me.

The whole fcuking All-Star team theoretically should do FA against the 'Caps.
Especially since this game will be the 'Caps first game at the beginning of their training camp.

So many of us have had this dicsussion before.
'How would Murray fare in FVSL Premier?'
No fcuking problem.
Does he have the pace he used to?
No.
Can you lace his boots?
No. ;) :D
Can he stuff them at will into the onion bag?
Yes.
Enough said.

Having a vet or two in the mix helps the mix as well.

Dude:
You are obviosuly a hell of a lot smarter than you look ;) and no matter what Aves says, ;) , you know the local game my friend.

Take that to the bank,
RF

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Let's be realistic Guinness...you would rather have a kid- and Neil is a kid- that is more legs, lucky bounces, and straight ahead running than an experienced, successful goal scorer, who has a mean streak and can hold up a ball? Neil would collect the ball, and run in a straight line towards goal, and forget about the other 10 players on the pitch. He would be eaten fcuking alive on a pitch with pros.

Seriously bro, you're completely off the mark here. Howes has forgotten more about this game than Neil will ever learn, and he's twice the caliber player right now.

Jock

Jul 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

LION said:
Maybe #22 from div. twodney.

He might be the worst player (ball control & over all skill wise) I've seen at the premier level. #22 is the stereo typical FVSL player in the eyes of any other player playing outside our league. That 900lbs guy from Whally might as well be selected. Wade is fast I'll give him that, but so is the ball if you kick it hard enough! The White Caps will have a good laugh if he plays...

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Take Murray any day on my team. Played UCFV in a friendly in August and needed a striker. Of course Murray is there in a second to help, fit enough, and fcuking mean. Was tossed in a friendly after kicked once too often by a punk.

nukes

Feb 12, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

I've thought all along that we should just send the PAU team!

Osame bin madden

Feb 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

LFC2 said:
Dude, quite simple why things are dead.

Fourthly, Osame and Crafty don't seem to drink as much anymore.
Fifthly, the Wack is undefeated and proud of it. Hard to TTP them. Karma and all.
Sixthly, well I am also busy.

I beg to differ, I just drink wiserlys , Im mach smorter dis days...

Osame bin madden

Feb 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

LION said:
RI don't think any of the prem 'b' league should be on the team.
no one from poco for sure.

You might have to re-think on the poco comment, Big Bag is available to coach isnt he? I hear his fitness sessions are so hard, he even failed it..no really:rolleyes:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Question: don't you want people who remember how to WIN on an all-star team? Crazy, I know...

~Bed wetter.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Atleast guys who remember playing in the premier league would be an asset.

~secret teller

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: FVSL All Star team

Guinness said:
Murray is less effective than Dewdney's striker let alone the rest of the league's...
I also think Matt Cooper would be a great fit in this team in a leader capacity.

No place in the league compared to all of the strikers? hmmm...surely this must be an overstatement. Talking out of your ass here JC. Coops certainly has been making a name for himself as the "feel good" pr guy of the premier league here on ttp:rolleyes: :D ...not that he particularly cares mind you.

Muzz vs other premier strikers? I played against most of the league for 3 years before going to pasture for good. Here's my take:

in the air...great
toughness...great
making runs/keeping ball...very good
fitness/strength...great for masters / good for premier
speed...good but not great
go by people/ 1 vs 1 moves... not a flashy move guy, but servicable
score...great with the head, can score some great goals with the foot...but not a pure finisher

after all he is a converted centerback:rolleyes:

there are probably better finishers around the league but I'm sure every team would love to have a big strong smart skilled tough guy up front.

But it is a moot point because its a premier thing so RF, once again, Dude has dropped the ball.;)

Aves, home sick today :(

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re:Aves

Good points on Muzz, but as you said yourself his fitness is only good for the premier level... He honestly gets challenged and pushed more once a week in training than he does on weekends... I'd take that ugly kid in your avatar pic over many centre backs in premier... However, that is not what putting together an all star team to play the Whitecaps is all about...
Unfortunately for the league, depending on the results from the semi final matches some of the top players will not be playing!!!

BTW, does anyone know if Joe Deacon is playing with Aldergrove this year??? If so, he'd be a great fit.

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Aves

Guinness said:
Good points on Muzz, but as you said yourself his fitness is only good for the premier level... He honestly gets challenged and pushed more once a week in training than he does on weekends... I'd take that ugly kid in your avatar pic over many centre backs in premier... However, that is not what putting together an all star team to play the Whitecaps is all about...
Unfortunately for the league, depending on the results from the semi final matches some of the top players will not be playing!!!

BTW, does anyone know if Joe Deacon is playing with Aldergrove this year??? If so, he'd be a great fit.

Not yesterday.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0