Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

G.o.a.t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This thread is dedicated to the players that "you" the ttpers feel are standouts and have excelled at the World Cup. Past and Present, whoever you feel is deserving of being considered a candidate for THE G.O.A.T. . Goalies, Defenders, Midfielders, and Strikers they can all be Candidates. Enjoy.

G reatest O f A ll T ime

brum

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
MY G.O.A.T.

well 1986 Diego Maradona delivered hands down one of the greatest performance ever in a world cup..
anyone care to argue this one..

beaterknowstheapprenticewillcuzhelovestoarguewithme:D :D

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No arguement there....He could be one of the greatest ever to play the game and I think the Greatest ever World Cup Goal was scored by the almighty coked up one.

Good Start to the Thread, Beater.

sarge

Aug 31, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
C.O.A.T crap of all time

How about Lenarduzzi's brutal miss on the six against France.

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
mexico 86

Joel bats brazil v france.

quater final that game was un believable back and forth game.

but the best player was the keeper for france joel bats, he stopped zico on a peno inthe 75th min and stopped two i think in th shoot out. For me best WC game of all time.

On Thrusday at NAS i will show it if you guys want we have tapes from 86, 90, 94 and 98 World Cups.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper, I think Jinky has used that comeback one to many times...why don't you be original or flock back to the chick threads.;)

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
come on keeper

lets be honest baggio is a magician, come on man Platini, Zico all missed penaltys but dont get as much stick. Ok they were not the last penalty in th WC but still missed.

Why dont we talk about Waddle and Pierce missing for england?

Or why dont we talk about the smarts it took by Baggio to win the penalty v Chile in 98.

BAGGIO is a great performer when it is one the line except for one penalty.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
bad kit....

Waddle's and Pierce's shorts were too tight. At least they had an excuse, and that is coming from an Irish man. BTW, while I am off topic, Zenga, great comment about the Flyers loss that was about 1 week ago. Putz. You must know Coppertone.

Captain

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Picture = 1000 Words = Fastshow's ramblings

But Apprentice, it packs a much funnier punch in pictures. Don't feel bad, though, Number 2 and I get the same sort of teasing about the 93rd minute travesty in '99. Every country has something to be teased about -- just look at England: they've got Seaman.

brum

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
heres another

i was reading this thread and i realized that the wops forgot about this guy.. he wasnt a big name player before or after the 1990 wc.. he had his 3 weeks of fame, but hey he couldnt have picked a better time his name Salvatore "toto" Schillaci.
he came in as a sub to score the game winner vs austria and went on to win the golden boot.. not bad for not being a superstar

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good shout by the Beater

Ref,

You pulled that one out of the hat. Schillaci has had the biggest impact of any player in the last 20 years. He was the Ities inspiration and he came out of nowhere.

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Edson Arante Demasemante(sp)

How can anyone overlook this guy as being the best player that ever played the game of Football.

PELE was brilliant and will always be considered the Greatest Of All Time.

ImnotonlybiasedtowardsWOPS:D

brum

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
yet another wop

jimmy good choice i'm just surprised that none of the wops picked this guy.. i think he's propably the best wop all time and he is Paolo Rossi in 1982.. he was on fire scoring 6 goals for the wops. after a dismal(sp) performance by the team in group player, going through on points differential, he scored a hat trick against brazil :mad: :mad: and then got 1 or 2 in final against germany..

beaterfeelsthewopsaregonnalovehimaftermylast2posts.. :mad: igottapissthemoffagainsomehow:D :p

hedkandi

Aug 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
GOATS

What about,

Lothar Matthaeus, Costa Curta, Bergkamp, Gasgoine, Hagi to name a few that come to mind.

hedKandi

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WTF?

Gasgoine??

You're taking the piss, right?

I would pick Lineker(sp) over Gasgoine if I had to choose an Englishman.

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Roger Miller (Milla)

Roger Milla at 38 was the star of the Cameroon team of 1990, scoring four goals as they became the first African side to reach a World Cup quarter-final. Born at Yaounde the capital of Cameroon, Milla began with Eclair Douala, then played for Leopards of Douala. With his next club, Tonnerre of Yaounde, he won Cameroon league and cup medals.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
HedKandi, I don't think Berkamp or CostaCurta should be considered G.o.a.t. material. Just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0