Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

G.o.a.t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Coppertone

<font color="red">Most Irritating TTPer - November
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Johan Cruyff

You guys must not forget this guy. He has to be on of the best that ever played.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
All over it like a dirty wife beater

Congrats Coppertone! Your first smart post! Funny how it took a Dutchman to help ya ;)

knvbknewyoucoulddoit :D

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Karl Heinz Rumminege.........the guy could finish. Definitely one of the best.

Sandman

PS; Best game ever was France vs. Germany'82......

hedkandi

Aug 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No honestly

CDK,

Gasgoine was great. Strength, skill, bonehead and daft as brush:p Now that is all the attributes of a GOAT.
BTW, he set up most of Linneker's goals in WC '94

The Aprentice,

Okay scrub Bergkamp add Cruyff - he was fcuking Brill:)
I think you have to add one of the Italian defenders whether it'll be CC, Baresi, Maldini or at least one of the Milan Defense from back then.

Another one to chew over... Dunga

hedKandi
:D

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree with number2 on this one.

Zidane might be up for this award in the 98 world cup. Even though he didn't score as many goals as the others mentioned, his contribution with patience and controlling the flow of team France has to be well noted.:confused:

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As the Moderator of this thread and chief executive of the G.o.a.t. commitee, Zinedine Zidane will not be awarded the GOAT Award. His performance in the Final was superb but his overall play does not compare with some of the others in that tournament and throughout past World Cups.

Re. Maldini: For I don't know how long...10 years? the guy was considered the best defender in the World or atleast the best left back. He still might be considered the best at that position. HE is a definite Candidate for recieving the GOAT. Solid, consistent, good leader, and full of skill.

P.S.: Was it Zidane that got a red in WC 98, or was it someone else..can someone help me out on this one!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The TTP Moderator League may need to contract

As the holy administrator of this forum, I'm gonna have to tell TA to get fcuking bent.

ZZ is eligible.

Anymore supreme I-tie favoritism (sp?) will result in immediate and swift TTP backlash. Understood?

~TBstartingtofeelhimselfagain.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Go back to being Sick

Regs, HedKandi was the one who put Maldini's name out there...so fcuk this favortism shite. Go bust Bronco's balls. Not mine

Other than the game against Brazil, when did Zidane play like a superstar?

I heard this in the other thread....

And one more thing, since when do u care about who talks what to who? Ain't Your business if i might say so.

TA doesn't Understand...GET IT!

BullyB

Jan 7, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Best of the best.

I might have considered Maradona, but the Hand of God goal eliminates him for poor sportsmanship.
My vote goes to Pele, Skill, Class and Humility.
A true spokesman for the game.
Top ten list (no wops please)
1.Pele
2.Marco Van Basten
3.Johan Cruyff
4.Zidane
5.Rivaldo
6.Gazza
7.Gazza
8.Gazz9.Gazza10.Gazza

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What are you smoking!!!

Gazza and Van Basten did GREAT in the ONE WC they played, give your head a shake!!!! Rivaldo as well another quality pick.

BAGGIO although never won has been one of the best players in the past three World Cups, dust off the old tapes and watch his goal v the Czecks in 1990, and his goals to keep Italia in the 1994 WC.

And I know the comeback the spotter in the final but he shut everyone up in 98 scoring two rigors.

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: No honestly

Originally posted by hedkandi

Hey dick head England did great in the 1994 World Cup.

brum

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BullyB

You have 1 maybe 2 players on that list of yours that would fall into the category of G.O.A.T. Pele, propably the best player and goal scorer ever to play the game. Van Basten #2, you got to be fcuking high. Diego Maradonna was on fire in 86. He scored goals that you would fantasize about while jerking off on a Friday night. Roberto Baggio (this hurts) was the best player by far in 90 and one of the best in 94. Johan Cruyff is another i would agree with you on. He was a great striker and could finish well. Gascoine!! is shite. He is a hard nosed player with no skill. He's a fcuking bull but he doesnt deserve GOAT status.

Gaffa

Jul 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
1966/70/

66...Charlton/Hurst/Moore/Beckenbauer/Eusabio/Banks...and I think the Russian keeper as well.

70...Pele/ Rivalino/ Banks/ Muller/Moore.

Ref Beater...wind ya neck in, son...Gascoigne was superb, as was Linekar, in 1990. Toto took the biscuits though!

Best player to NOT play in the WC...precisely, CDK's favorite Scotman...George Best...a legend.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gaffa

many good choices I couldn't disagree on... George Best "the best player to never play in a WC" and (by Pele himself the best ever)!!! HOWEVER, Besty was in fact from Northern Ireland... Hence the name Georgie the Belfast boy!!!

To add a few names to the GOAT list; Irish Keeper Pat Jennings (single handedly put the Spanish out in Madrid in 82') and got the lads into the quaterfinals!!! Zico and Socretes were Brazilian geniuses... Rudd Gullit was also one of the best players in the world during 90/94...

Beater, have you even watched this man play???
Gascoine!! is shite. He is a hard nosed player with no skill.
He had amazing ball skills and scored one of the best goals of all time, albeit during Euro 96 (his volley against the Scottish was an absolute cracker)!!! where is your head man!!!:confused:

brum

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guiness

Come on man just because Gazza scored a cracker you labelling him 1 of the best?? You named some great players does he compare to them??? Here's another keeper for you guys Jorge Campos from Mexico. He was great in the WC playing behind a shite team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0