Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier Goodbye GEU

Status
Not open for further replies.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow what a turn around for this team. GEU won both the Premier and Cat divisions with two stacked teams about 3-4 yrs ago then had an average year the next. They then replaced (put the pressure on him to quit) Allan Solk (coach) as everyone said he wasn't fair in his picking of the premier/Cat squads as he always went with his core guys. So on came the Black Knights along with there coaches who at first looked to be okay as a few of the Old boys were still included. Then it happened... The old boys quit and the team sank to the bottom and back to Div 1. It was fun while it lasted boys good luck next year.

Jock

Jul 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
2 maybe 3 “old guys” could still play during the transition year. 1 maybe 2 could have hacked it this year. You can’t say this ship sank because older players moved on, with the exception of 3 players rest were shite anyways & lucky to have done as well. The bottom line, we were shite this year & had no luck to help us along...

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jock, your post-match partying at the local country bar was just as sad. ;)

I don't have a problem with GEU, but friday night games with no changerooms and the lights going out while stark naked 5 minutes after the final whistle will not be missed.

Jock

Jul 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guinness said:
friday night games with no changerooms and the lights going out while stark naked 5 minutes after the final whistle will not be missed.

Agreed!!!

MILLSY

Nov 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jock said:
2 maybe 3 “old guys” could still play during the transition year. 1 maybe 2 could have hacked it this year. You can’t say this ship sank because older players moved on, with the exception of 3 players rest were shite anyways & lucky to have done as well. The bottom line, we were shite this year & had no luck to help us along...
Curious to know which of us "old guys" you thought were shite!

Good luck in Div.1, maybe this time around try winning your way into premier, instead of taking over another team.:D

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
This Bud's 4 You said:
GEU is a pile of shite

Now that's funny :

GNS 5 2 11 18 42 17

GEU 4 1 13 23 44 13

Does "the pot calling the kettle black" apply here ? ? :rolleyes:

kokanee

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
guru said:
Now that's funny :

GNS 5 2 11 18 42 17

GEU 4 1 13 23 44 13

Does "the pot calling the kettle black" apply here ? ? :rolleyes:

Well GN is still in Premier so I think thats a fair call by This Bud:cool:

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
This Bud's 4 You said:
GEU is a pile of shite

good one, any other originals? how about: "have fun in Div.1" ummm "GN is still in premier!!" "you're not comming to my birthday" Atleast give us something we haven't heard. I'll even let you have a do-over.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
kokanee said:
Well GN is still in Premier so I think thats a fair call by This Bud:cool:
Yer right.... the only reason you guys didn't win it all was cuz of the poor officiating .... right? ? Your team is AWSOME ! !
When are tryouts? I wanna play in premier for the number 10 team next season!!

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone remember this thread?
The New GEU

Let's See:
03-04 - old guys = League Championship
04-05 - old guys & some new faces = Mid Pack
05-06 - old guys & BK's combine = Mid Pack
06-07 - no old guys, just BK's = Last Place and loss of Premier spot

Seems fairly self explanatory to me.

I guess you could have used some of the "Shite" players after all........as well as some luck too i guess, because that's what League Championships are won with, luck.

We'll just say that the ship sank because you guys were shite then. I'm fine with that.
:)

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
So what your saying is the old guys who are what 13th in div.1 should be playing premier. seems to me that the club is in a bit of a slide. Outside of the Rams, GEU has 4 or 5 teams near the bottom of the table in each division. Maybe the club needs to get there shite together and figure how to make 1 good team out of the 5 shite teams. I'm sure there are a few premier quality players playing div 2 or div 1.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
So what your saying is the old guys who are what 13th in div.1 should be playing premier.
Wrong.... No one went to GEU div one as most just quit do to being very frustrated along with getting pushed out, Come on Bulljive get your facts straight.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bulljive,
None of the old guys went to Div1. They've moved on to greener pastures. Most have families now and made the decision to stop playing, play another sport, or move to Masters or a more casual Div2.
None are still playing Premier or CAT.

Although i don't disagree the Premier/Div1 are in a bit of a slide, the club is not.

bluebird

Mar 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
MILLSY said:
Good luck in Div.1, maybe this time around try winning your way into premier, instead of taking over another team.:D

so you think they should have WON there way into prem ... what? like you did i wasnt arround when ultra went to prem but im told it was two teams combined and GIVEN a prem slot
we all know you went on to win it and never lost it but dont crow about teams not earning the right to be there when you got it on a gimme if these guys do go on and earn that right they may be the first geu team to ever do so

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bluebird, way back probably 15-16 years ago we (not including Millsy as he played for Mission) won Div 1 and earned a Premier spot for a couple years. Unfortunately we were too young (19rs old) and the other guys on the team maybe were getting up in their age to be starting premier. Allan Solk was our coach...Surrey United and PAU were the toughest teams in our league (oh have things changed..wink wink). so we all played in div 1 and 2 for a few years until we were able to join two GEU teams One from Div1 and One from Div 2 (You're right Bluebird at that time no div 1 league was won) to form a premier team. As always it took some time to adjust to the speed of the division along with the skill level. As the years went on the team kept improving and eventually won the Premier league and Cat league in the same year.I think the difference is we were not old enough to make a difference at that level the first time around as kids. The second time around we were and unfortunately the Black knights are at that age and over already but they are not and may never be ready as a total team for the premier league.

Jock

Jul 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
MILLSY said:
Curious to know which of us "old guys" you thought were shite!

With the exception of Hammer, Bolt, Laity & your self (if you showed up) the majority of the remaining players were “shite”/past there time”, Kerr could of played another year to.

You can’t honestly believe “The Old Guys” would still be playing in the Premier League had the merge not happened? If that was the case the club would have changed nothing & maybe 3 BK’s (easy Blue Bird, that’s not Burger King!;) ) would have been selected at the next tryout.

bluebird

Mar 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
girth said:
Bluebird, way back probably 15-16 years ago we (not including Millsy as he played for Mission) won Div 1 and earned a Premier spot for a couple years. Unfortunately we were too young (19rs old) and the other guys on the team maybe were getting up in their age to be starting premier. Allan Solk was our coach...Surrey United and PAU were the toughest teams in our league (oh have things changed..wink wink). so we all played in div 1 and 2 for a few years until we were able to join two GEU teams One from Div1 and One from Div 2 (You're right Bluebird at that time no div 1 league was won) to form a premier team. As always it took some time to adjust to the speed of the division along with the skill level. As the years went on the team kept improving and eventually won the Premier league and Cat league in the same year.I think the difference is we were not old enough to make a difference at that level the first time around as kids. The second time around we were and unfortunately the Black knights are at that age and over already but they are not and may never be ready as a total team for the premier league.

ok so as is oft the case i was only given 1/2 the story i gues to give my opinoon a slant ......15 / 16 yrs ago i heard thats when you played up front and in your late 20's then ;) and no back problems..... maybe thats where the back ache came from .....carrying the rest of the team
i agree its very hard to take a squad up any level and not make cuts to survive some of these guys are great guys and a blast on a night out but your best friends arnt always the best players
JOCK steady on the bk's dont get me mixed up with the thorpedo he likes his cheeseburgers not me:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0