Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Kamloops 2009 August Long weekend Tournament

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Still looking for a few good drunks to make the journey up to the Loop.oh yeah and play some soccer.

If anyone wants to play let me know my email is duffy13@hotmail.com

I'll be the big fat guy with the motorhome bbqing hamburgers and keeping my waters cool. Hydration is key to a successful weekend of drinking. Beat the heat with some WestCoast Water and whoppers.

WestCoast..What??? hope 18 holes doesn't kill me tomorrow in the Kamloops heat.

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I gotta go with the other guys and say Foam Parties are nothing but fantastic times! The key is to get to drunk to negate the smell of bad foam and as the other guy said if your smart then just get your Schlimmy quick before that whole "funny smelling" businesss goes down. I gotta ask where is this party going down, because Real WR will definately be in for that!

Wooley10

Jul 28, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wooley10, you're not going to be taking it too seriously are you? Leave that up to guys like Jags. He wants to win big time and will be in bed by 9:00..........am just to make sure he is at his best

Lol no not at all. I am just curious to see which other Calgary soccer teams are at this tournament too. Don't worry I'm not taking it too seriously at all :p just looking to get away from cowtown and having a good time.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lol no not at all. I am just curious to see which other Calgary soccer teams are at this tournament too. Don't worry I'm not taking it too seriously at all :p just looking to get away from cowtown and having a good time.

Good luck, Wooley. It's always a fun tournament. :)

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I gotta go with the other guys and say Foam Parties are nothing but fantastic times! The key is to get to drunk to negate the smell of bad foam and as the other guy said if your smart then just get your Schlimmy quick before that whole "funny smelling" businesss goes down. I gotta ask where is this party going down, because Real WR will definately be in for that!

kxa kamloops - Google Maps

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I will make sure to get twice as drunk for you as well then :D

Have a good long wknd, I'm off to fruitloops in 37mins!

MoDo.gr

Apr 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
That was quite the PK from the Inter goalkeeper at the end... Total douche move... Referee blew the whistle for the shooter to take his shot, the shooter starts moving towards the ball and bends over to ball to adjust his spot but fakes and shoots in the corner, goalkeeper doesn't even move... Sure, he didn't stop his forward motion and didn't touch the ball with his hands, but give me a break...

You wonder why Inter is one of the most hated teams in BC...

However, they showed their class and skill in the final against TRU alum... Great redemption and a great tournament... Can't wait till next year...

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That was quite the PK from the Inter goalkeeper at the end... Total douche move... Referee blew the whistle for the shooter to take his shot, the shooter starts moving towards the ball and bends over to ball to adjust his spot but fakes and shoots in the corner, goalkeeper doesn't even move... Sure, he didn't stop his forward motion and didn't touch the ball with his hands, but give me a break...

Agreed.
Unsportsmanlike.

Although very entertaining....

Ankle Breaker

Sep 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great weekend. Honestly, winning the tournament is irrevelant in Kamaloops. It is about having fun and getting a kick around. The west van inter game was average with both teams very tired. I have seen that PK taken by a couple of different players now and think it is very clever. Accoridng to the FIFA Rule Book Law 14, "The Penalty Kick Procedure" of the FIFA Rulebook states the following:

-Feinting to take a PK to confuse opponents is permited as part of football. However, if in the opinion of the referee, the feinting is considered an act of unsporting behavior, the player must be cautioned.

I don't think the act was unsporting behaviour. It was deceptive but that is allowed.

West Van are a great bunch of guys and have a very strong team. I am sure they don't care about winning Kamaloops. They have a National Championship to win.

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
The refs were the worst I've seen in ever. We were given 3 pks in 3 games, 2 in 20 mins to take a game 2-1 for us to 3-2 them. Refs cost us at least 75 bucks not including what we could have won in a final.

One pk was one of our players cleared the ball out and it hit one of our players in the hand, the player was not facing the ball and his hand was right beside his body. That pk was handed in the first 10 mins of our first game. What a joke. Then in our 3rd game with the winner going on to the semi's, we got a ref that didn't want to listen or even look at his assistants. He thought he could make all the calls even when his assistants totally disagreed. Horribly called 2 pk's in 20 mins saying our players didn't take the ball, when they so clearly did. It's tough when the other team doesn't even feel they should have been pk's. And when we're shaking hands them telling us tough luck with the ref.

Other then that it was a great weekend. Golfing at Sun Rivers was surely a highlight, excellent course. And the drinking was wicked in the heat. Hopefully next year the refs don't screw us and we can win it all.

WestCoast...What??? have to thank trece verde for helping us out with himself and 2 great guys. Also to Surrey Bullits players Scotty,Scott,Lenny, Josh and Rick coming out and helping us out we would have been screw without all these guys.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great weekend. Honestly, winning the tournament is irrevelant in Kamaloops. It is about having fun and getting a kick around. The west van inter game was average with both teams very tired. I have seen that PK taken by a couple of different players now and think it is very clever. Accoridng to the FIFA Rule Book Law 14, "The Penalty Kick Procedure" of the FIFA Rulebook states the following:

-Feinting to take a PK to confuse opponents is permited as part of football. However, if in the opinion of the referee, the feinting is considered an act of unsporting behavior, the player must be cautioned.

I don't think the act was unsporting behaviour. It was deceptive but that is allowed.

West Van are a great bunch of guys and have a very strong team. I am sure they don't care about winning Kamaloops. They have a National Championship to win.

You are 12 yards away. Do you REALLY need to be deceptive?????
It is unsportsmanlike, and if it is in fact a stated in the FIFA book of laws that it is allowed....it should be changed. Quickly.
Next thing you know players are going to hide the ball under their shirt and run up the wing...where are the Globetrotters these days anyways

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
You are 12 yards away. Do you REALLY need to be deceptive?????
It is unsportsmanlike, and if it is in fact a stated in the FIFA book of laws that it is allowed....it should be changed. Quickly.
Next thing you know players are going to hide the ball under their shirt and run up the wing...where are the Globetrotters these days anyways

i agree
not the way west van should have gone down
cheap!

Ankle Breaker

Sep 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
With all due respect..I don't think FIFA is going to quickly change the rules based on the Kamaloops tournament.

Is it deceptive..yes. The only reason there is an issue is b/c it is a PK and it is not the norm to do such a thing.

When someone has a free-kick on top of the box and runs over the ball and pretends to take the kick to fake the goalie but instead the second player takes the kick, what is the difference? Instead of 12 yards out, it is 18 yards out? Isn't that deceptive?

Like I said, there was no disrespect intended to the West Van guys on the PK. He did that same PK on 3 different occasions during the summer and it worked everytime and no ref had an issue with it b/c it is part of the rules.

This weekend was not really about soccer. It was about having a good time and I think everyone did.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd love to see a ref call dangerous play on the PK taker and point the other way. Yes, that would be an extremely weak interpretation of the rules but after all, it is only a summer tournament.

No bumming!

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0