Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Kamloops 2009 August Long weekend Tournament

laylow

Sep 12, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Always sucks to lose on PK's and even more so when it's a cheap PK like that. But as already said, its only Kamloops and we were all there to party and play some games.

We will happily give Inter the Kamloops tourney this year...Treble's are much more fun.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
When someone has a free-kick on top of the box and runs over the ball and pretends to take the kick to fake the goalie but instead the second player takes the kick, what is the difference? Instead of 12 yards out, it is 18 yards out? Isn't that deceptive?

Like I said, there was no disrespect intended to the West Van guys on the PK. He did that same PK on 3 different occasions during the summer and it worked everytime and no ref had an issue with it b/c it is part of the rules.

This weekend was not really about soccer. It was about having a good time and I think everyone did.

Yes, there are many forms of deception.
Running over the ball is one. You make a good point.

Kaml (no A) oops was all about fun, I know. I was there.
I was with the 400 pound canary who decided it would be a good idea to have a go at the slip-n-slide inside the beer garden with just a hula skirt.

Again, it was really entertaining seeing the guy take the PK like that.
I still feel it should be considered unsportsmanlike, and with the Captain agreeing with me, I know I am right.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are you guys kidding me.. Now thats unsportsmanlike???
That was an entertaining, ballsy pk!
To step up as the 7th shooter, for the win, and finish it as he did. Takes some skill. (and some huge turkish balls)
Now you ol'men want to take that away from the game too.

I think you should be able to move your body in anyway you want as you go towards the ball.
If he wanted to dance in a forward motion, Elaine Bennis style, he should be able to do so.
how the fcuk would refs police the way players move their body towards the ball?

He walked towards the ball, bent his back downwards then struck the ball (well) while his hands were going forward..
NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT! If there was, i'm sure the brains at FIFA would have done something about it.

I can't believe this is an issue. So the guy who sprints towards the ball like he is going to smash it, and changes it up and puts a little chip in the centre of the net, is a cheap cnut too?

Is the above not deceptive?

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lion:

I guess "deceptive" is in the eye of the official.:rolleyes: In our case, as WestCoast has said, the man in the middle awarded 2 really weak sauce penos for imaginary offences. As if this wasn't bad enough, the guy taking the 2nd one ran up, did a full stop, faked and sent our keeper the other way before putting it in the now-wide open side. Pure BS in any rational sense, and worthy of a card or at least a retake with any other official, but not this clown.

Still a good weekend with the West Coast crew, trying to get me back into playing shape.:D There are a couple of young guns on that side with some really good potential. Did anybody ever find what happened to Darkness?:D

Trece

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are you guys kidding me.. Now thats unsportsmanlike???
That was an entertaining, ballsy pk!
To step up as the 7th shooter, for the win, and finish it as he did. Takes some skill. (and some huge turkish balls)
Now you ol'men want to take that away from the game too. ?

I think this is just a case of the Italian supporter feeling backed into another corner......or at least that is what he thinks ;) Its like diving.....deception is part of the game.

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lion:

I guess "deceptive" is in the eye of the official.:rolleyes: In our case, as WestCoast has said, the man in the middle awarded 2 really weak sauce penos for imaginary offences. As if this wasn't bad enough, the guy taking the 2nd one ran up, did a full stop, faked and sent our keeper the other way before putting it in the now-wide open side. Pure BS in any rational sense, and worthy of a card or at least a retake with any other official, but not this clown.

Still a good weekend with the West Coast crew, trying to get me back into playing shape.:D There are a couple of young guns on that side with some really good potential. Did anybody ever find what happened to Darkness?:D

Trece

Darkness slept until about 3 in the afternoon then went to the arcade and a movie. Fall down. We razzed him all day and he felt the pain all night.

Guy Smiley

Apr 13, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is it not unsportsmanlike for a keeper to waive his arms and bounce up and down the goal line during a pk? Shouldn't he just stand still and face the shot man to man without the antics? And the shooter must declare to the ref and keeper which foot he'll be shooting with, because it would be deceptive/unsportsmanlike to look as though you're going to kick with your right foot and at the last second kick it with your left.

And no more goal celebrations......very unsportsmanlike.

Smiles

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Since I am the only one who feels this way:

Whether it is allowed or not, it IS unsportsmanlike.

Lion, if the shooter indeed wanted to re-set his ball, would the ref had allowed it???
I would say Yes.

There are many forms of deception, and the best example was Ankle Breaker.
But I stand by this.

trapper

May 21, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
As a keeper, I have no problem with this. If the whistle was blown, then the play is live. The keeper should be watching ther ball, not the player. He should be ready.The only time I watch the player is when he plants his non kicking foot. Most of the time you can tell where the ball is going from that.

It would be the same as the free kick placed in the open net while the keeper is setting up his wall at the near post. The ball is in play until the ref says to wait for the whistle. It's the keepers fault for not paying attention. If you're not paying attention, you deserve to get scored on.

We had a free kick we used to take with the provincial team. We would set up like it was an indirect kick, with 1 guy on the ball, and the other one looking like he was going to strike it. We then place a guy at the outside of the wall. Once the whistle blows, the guy on the ball would lean over like he was going to adjust the ball. He would then just flick it over the wall into the path of the guy that was standing on the outside of the wall. He would be all alone on goal and hopefully score. It actually worked at nationals one year. The other team whined about it, but it was well within the rules. Was that unsportsmanlike too? I think it's just a little deception, that's all.

defector

Nov 29, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think no look passes are also unsportsmanlike, I mean how could a player look one way and then pass it the other way.....

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's why a Turk took the decisive penalty.

Or because there were only 4 Italians on the team, and they needed more shooters.

JBN and Defector: those are two of the worst examples in trying to defend the situation.

As a ref, how would you respond if the player walked up and re-set the ball?
That is more my point.

A no look pass :rolleyes:
Give me strength. Copyright Coach 2005

Guy Smiley

Apr 13, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
How about the stutter-step? Pretending to slow down while running with the ball and then, all of a sudden without the defender knowing what's about to happen, you sprint off with the ball.

Not only deceitful, but down right mean.

Ankle Breaker

Sep 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
After reading all of the posts on this very important tournament and in light of the recent comments, Inter FC has decided to formally submit a request to change the result of the West Van game NOT due to the deceptive PK that was taken, even though it was clearly wrong, but instead due to the fact the team only had 9 players of Italian blood on the club. This is wrong and deceiving b/c the back of our jerseys read Italia. We are sorry that we cheated in Kamloops even though we had a great time. :)

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0