Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Nationals Nova Scotia

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Boy, have i stirred it up, my job is done. I have accomplished what i sent out to do piss you lot off. Payback is a bitch .

Later

The funny thing is all you hide behind your names but face to face you say nothing and that has been going on for years. And you wonder why i am bitter. Most of you should take a good look at yourselves in the mirror. I do and i am ok so anything you try to say to me is meaningless. Wether it is showing class or not this ranting has been done to you lot cause of all the bullshit i went through a few years back.(That was RECCOS doing,little puke) I think Clan are a good team just fell short in the final but for the rest of you wankers win something then talk and also try not bullshit behind peoples back you might get somewhere in life. All i have done is win , win , win , win wether that is tournaments after tournaments,leagues, cups , the list is long and if you think otherwise then obviously your full of shite so my last statement is

Clan congrats and goodluck hope to see you next year
SU unlucky most likely see you next year as well

IAIN SNEDDON

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Found this on the excellent site...however, would still like a game report on the Final. I was very surprised by the final score, just wondering what could have caused such a lopsided score (red card, referee, etc...), especially in the final.

CANADIAN NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS

GAME 5 -- FINAL: Unfortunately, Columbus-Clan FC lost to the Calgary Callies in the final by a rather embarrassing 5-0 margin. After playing so well throughout the tournament, our boys found it difficult to cope with the very fit and determined Alberta champions. On the bright side of things, Columbus earned the silver medal and Joey Scigliano, with 5 goals, was the top goalscorer in the tournament.

GAME 4: Saturday's encounter, against the Manitoba Sons of Italy, was yet another closely-contested affair with Columbus-Clan FC finally prevailing by a 2-1 margin--yet another narrow victory! Once again, Columbus fell behind early in the match but, once again, our boys fought back valiantly and scored two late goals to seal the victory and a spot in Sunday's final. After the Sons of Italy had taken the lead, they surged forward in search of the insurance marker but were denied on a couple of occasions by some great saves on the part of Luca Dalla Pace. The tying goal finally came at the 80th minute on a well-executed penalty kick by Joey Scigliano. Very late in the game, with the Manitoba champions surging forward looking for the much-needed winning goal, Columbus counter-attacked brilliantly as Gino Gaita unselfishly laid off a brilliant pass to a wide-open Joey Scigliano who slotted the ball home for his second goal of the game, and fifth of the tournament. Columbus will now play the Alberta champions, Calgary Callies, in tomorrow's final ONCE AGAIN, GOOD LUCK BOYS!!!! RITORNA VINCITOR!!!!!!!!!!

GAME 3: On Friday, Columbus-Clan FC defeated the Ontario champions, Woodbridge Italia, by a narrow--but well-deserved--3-2 margin. Columbus surrendered the first goal early in the match but bounced back with 2 great finishes on the part of Joey Scigliano to take a 2-1 lead into the dressing room. Woodbridge, however, tied things up early in the second half and made things uncomfortable for our boys. Columbus demonstrated some real character and got the winning goal late in the game when veteran Garrett Kusch converted a perfectly-placed cross by Joey Scigliano into the winning goal. Columbus now needs either a win or a tie in tomorrow's encounter with the Manitoba Sons of Italy in order to qualify for the final. GOOD LUCK BOYS!!!!!!!!

GAME 2: On day 2 of the tournament, Columbus-Clan FC was very unlucky not to defeat the Saskatchewan champions, Yorkton United and had to settle for a disappointing 0-0 tie. Tiernan King and Gino Gaita had the best scoring chances but were thwarted by an excellent save and by the woodwork respectively. Columbus' next opponents will be the Ontario champions, Woodbridge Italia. The match will be played on Saturday.

GAME 1: In front of 1000 enthusiastic spectators, the BC Provincial Cup champions--Columbus-Clan FC--defeated the host Halifax City by a 2-1 margin to open the Canadian National Championship on a positive note. Veteran Tiernan King opened the score midway through the first half as he raced in all alone before slotting the ball past the Nova Scotia goalkeeper. Columbus continued to apply pressure and could easily have added another goal or two during the rest of the first half but the numerous scoring chances went awry. Despite the fact that Halifax City was reduced to 10 men due to the expulsion of one of their players, the home team tied things up early in the second half on a questionable penalty kick. Columbus, however, fought back valiantly and eventually got the winner when Tiernan King became the provider and set up Joey Scigliano for an easy tap-in with a brilliant cross. Defensively, Columbus was very strong with playing-coach Carmine D'Onofrio, Tony Gaita, Craig Richards, and Frank Mollica limiting Halifax to very few chances. Columbus' next opponents will be the Saskatchewan champions, Yorkton United. The game will be played on Friday.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Boy, have i stirred it up, my job is done. I have accomplished what i sent out to do piss you lot off. Payback is a bitch .
Later
All you have done is shown your colors once again. I have never met you, nor seen you play, all I can associate with the "larsson" that has posted on this board for the past few years, is bitterness, poor attitude, poor sportsmanship, poor wit and a genuinely mean-spirit; that should you offer your "4000/mth services" for free, I don't think that anyone that has been witness to your drivel would accept. Your list of accomplishments in soccer may be long and storied but without things like respect and sportsmanship you are but a hollow hero to just yourself. All I can say is best of luck, and I hope that what you teach the kids in your club does not in any way resemble what comes off your keyboard and onto this site. And with that, I say more, please stay in Alberta, and please do not write, we won't miss you.

Peace Out

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bonefish,

If you do not know me or have seen me play THEN WHY THE **** DO U TALK shite ABOUT ME LISTEN TO YOURSELF. you don't know anyhting about me yet you talk about me like you know me fuknut. This is what i mean about you people that talk shite out of your ass you have no clue . Absolute muppet

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A fitting birthday present: Callies cop Hyundai Cup
Todd Kimberley, Calgary Herald
Published: Tuesday, October 09, 2007
How do you properly celebrate 100 years on the pitch?

Well . . . ninety minutes of perfection is a good start.

Calgary Caledonian FC has a long, storied tradition in the Canadian soccer books -- and on Monday at Halifax, the Callies added another authoritative chapter.

Email to a friend

Printer friendly
Font:****Despite their underdog status, the Callies annihilated the Vancouver-based Columbus Clan 5-0 in the Hyundai Cup final, claiming their third national men's club soccer championship in nine years.

"That was probably one of the best performances this team has put forward in a long time," said a jubilant head coach Dave Randall. "It was only one-nil at the half, and (the Clan) had to start pushing, but we just kept our composure, kept knocking the ball down, and just destroyed 'em.

"The boys played so well . . . I can hardly describe it. We would have beaten most teams in the country today."

Veteran striker Mark Slade came up with a huge game Monday, scoring a hat trick in the Callies' lopsided triumph. Cenek Patik and Nic Reyes also found the range for Calgary, while Dave Harrison picked up the shutout in net.

"This is awesome. Everything fell into place today," said Slade, 31. "I think we finished every chance we got."

The Callies were inducted into the Canadian Soccer Hall of Fame at Vaughan, Ont., in May for their rich history -- and the club has managed to bookend its centenary with domination.

Caledonian FC was the unofficial Canadian champion in 1907, '08 and '09, claiming the People's Shield in each of those years.

Under Randall's guidance, the Callies have won Canadian men's crowns in '99, 2003 and '07, also picking up a silver medal last fall, and carried Alberta colours into nationals in seven of the past nine years.

"We've been extremely solid at the back this year," said Randall, whose club allowed one goal in five games at Halifax. "This team doesn't score as many goals as it did in the past, and I've adjusted the shape of the squad on the field because of the age of the players.

"We've always been a fluid team, an all-out attack, but the guys have been more aware defensively. Their commitment to the game, and to excellence, have really impressed me."

Four players -- Slade, Patik, Harrison and Steffen Holdt -- have been around for all three of the club's national titles.

"In '99, our first national championship, that was special for us, because we were just starting to put the Callies on the map," said Slade. "The one in Quebec (in '03) was sweet, as well, considering what we had to go through down there -- we had to replay a game because of a protest, but we showed a lot of character and patience.

"This one . . . the guys really wanted this one, after losing in the final last year (at Surrey, B.C.). They still had a bad taste in their mouth, and didn't want to go through that again."

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just getting over the shock of the match yesturday.

First off I just wanted to say a big thanks to Nova Scotia Soccer, the tournament was top notch and a real honor to be a part of. Hats off to the tournament organizers and if you read this should be very proud of the week. THANK YOU.

Secondly, Congrats to Calgary on your victory, indeed you were better on the day. But I do believe (and this is no excuse) the day off before the final was the difference as we had to battle a very good Manitoba side on the Sunday and we were very banged up and out of gas, again not an excuse but the truth.

Calgary was up 1-0 at the half, we changed tactics to push a bit from the begining of the second, they got a second then we had to open up. 5-0 is a bit flattering, as we left one maybe two at the back at times to try to get something going but Calgary kept coming and scored three more.

We played four tough games before the final, in my opionion we had the tougher side, but as stated on the day Calgary was more hungary and wanted it more than us.

Now we have to concentrate getting our selves back on track in the VMSL.

zengaisgutted

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unlucky Zenga and Columbus/Clan.
Unlucky Nutmegs and Surrey United.

Well done on winning silver and representing.

Ifeelyourpainforever

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bonefish,

If you do not know me or have seen me play THEN WHY THE **** DO U TALK shite ABOUT ME LISTEN TO YOURSELF. you don't know anyhting about me yet you talk about me like you know me fuknut. This is what i mean about you people that talk shite out of your ass you have no clue . Absolute muppet

It doesn't matter what I or any other sane person would reply, your answers are always the same, void of any intelligence or reason. Good effort fatboy but your respect meter is still at absolute zero.

knaacks

Oct 7, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
As a side line observer of all the week in N.S. I want to say congrats to both B.C. teams for the hard work and class they showed throughout the nationals. We were all very proud to see that no-one gave it up until the final whistles. S.U. woman were the most composed of the lot as at the end we were forced to stand by as D.D. from CSA made the biggest blunder of the week, awarding the gold before the silver. Does not look good in the eyes of everyone there as he could have corrected himself but choose to make the girls wait while Quebec celebrated. BAD form !!!! Thanks to the girls for letting me be part of the whole experience and I'm looking forward to being there at the next cup drive. Thanks to MF, RS, AS and BD for the hours of hard work, your the best! ......VO-5

Leftonly

Jul 18, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Later

The funny thing is all you hide behind your names but face to face you say nothing and that has been going on for years. And you wonder why i am bitter. Most of you should take a good look at yourselves in the mirror. I do and i am ok so anything you try to say to me is meaningless. Wether it is showing class or not this ranting has been done to you lot cause of all the bullshit i went through a few years back.(That was RECCOS doing,little puke) I think Clan are a good team just fell short in the final but for the rest of you wankers win something then talk and also try not bullshit behind peoples back you might get somewhere in life. All i have done is win , win , win , win wether that is tournaments after tournaments,leagues, cups , the list is long and if you think otherwise then obviously your full of shite so my last statement is

Clan congrats and goodluck hope to see you next year
SU unlucky most likely see you next year as well

IAIN SNEDDON

Sneds,

Little shocker here - It's AK, aka Leftonly - You responded to me tactifully earlier, and then this above sounded like a pint went down right before it again. I have no idea who has said what behind your back, crossed your path but to justify your comments and actions because "you lot from a few years back" or what they made you go through is a joke, like you keep saying your life has improved so much since leaving, let your new found coaching and attitude reflect that, because if your life has changed so much, you are still showing whatever classless colours others may have seen before - again now with this.

You and others may ask why the f*cuk does AK care so much, bcs I hate when people go off on rants, generalise comments, and call people two faced, and then I hear you were playing poker with the Clanbus lot a few days earlier and then you come on a BC site and start trashing them, and they were a little more than shocked to hear this, as well as seeing you apparently mock them after the 3rd or 4th... Wake up son, when I heard that today I was embarassed for you, someone I like, and you know I would tell this to your face - lot more to relationships and friendships than one 90 minute game....

All the best, happy to hear life is good and maybe when in Calgary next will meet up...you know if Firemen ever get back to Nationals and I happened to score on the Callies I am running straight to that bench, like Gazza at Parkhead and taking a bite from your meat pie and making a big pregnant belly to the fans like he did....you toss pot - get back on with the good life and I think you now have to support these million rants with getting back on the pitch.

Cheers and feel free to get in touch.

NobbyStiles

Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just getting over the shock of the match yesturday.

First off I just wanted to say a big thanks to Nova Scotia Soccer, the tournament was top notch and a real honor to be a part of. Hats off to the tournament organizers and if you read this should be very proud of the week. THANK YOU.

Secondly, Congrats to Calgary on your victory, indeed you were better on the day. But I do believe (and this is no excuse) the day off before the final was the difference as we had to battle a very good Manitoba side on the Sunday and we were very banged up and out of gas, again not an excuse but the truth.

Calgary was up 1-0 at the half, we changed tactics to push a bit from the begining of the second, they got a second then we had to open up. 5-0 is a bit flattering, as we left one maybe two at the back at times to try to get something going but Calgary kept coming and scored three more.

We played four tough games before the final, in my opionion we had the tougher side, but as stated on the day Calgary was more hungary and wanted it more than us.

Now we have to concentrate getting our selves back on track in the VMSL.

zengaisgutted

Want to echo your comments about the tourney - absolute first class, and one of best I've been to.

Think going to 3-5-2 for you was a mistake. It was only 1-0, and it looked like you weren't used to it. It opened up flank space we exploited as we felt your b4 was a bit suspect defensively. I know you had a tough game the day before but we all played 5 in 6.

Don't agree that you had the tough side. If you look at the c/over games our group won 3/5. And I suspect that Quebec would have beaten Ont in a "real" match, not the farce they apparently played.

I would like to also take this opportunity to apologise, on behalf of the club, for some of the comments posted on here by Sneds. Believe me his got a lot of stick from myself and the players for what he said. We like to think we operate with a bit of class on + off the field as well. Somewhere along the way some of you must have rubbed him the wrong way!! No excuses, though, he was OTT for sure.

All the best, hope to see you in NFLD in 08.

Dave Randall
Callies FC

Mr. Rempa

Jul 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
NobbyStiles said:
Want to echo your comments about the tourney - absolute first class, and one of best I've been to.

Think going to 3-5-2 for you was a mistake. It was only 1-0, and it looked like you weren't used to it. It opened up flank space we exploited as we felt your b4 was a bit suspect defensively. I know you had a tough game the day before but we all played 5 in 6.

Don't agree that you had the tough side. If you look at the c/over games our group won 3/5. And I suspect that Quebec would have beaten Ont in a "real" match, not the farce they apparently played.

I would like to also take this opportunity to apologise, on behalf of the club, for some of the comments posted on here by Sneds. Believe me his got a lot of stick from myself and the players for what he said. We like to think we operate with a bit of class on + off the field as well. Somewhere along the way some of you must have rubbed him the wrong way!! No excuses, though, he was OTT for sure.

All the best, hope to see you in NFLD in 08.

Dave Randall
Callies FC

Now that is classy....Congratulations Dave to you and your players for the Championship.

PS. Please keep taking care of Sneds

Mr. Rempa

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Leftonly,

I did go over board as my emotions took over. No excuses should have been more classy. I want to apoligize to Clan for any disrespect for my stupid rants, as they were directed at the people that caused me a lot of grief back when i was in bc. I hope you TTP can except my apology

Sneds

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WOW........

Let it all out..............that was really fukced up.

The one thing that strikes me is that BC, specifically, the VMSL is the most relevant league in Canada. Why is it that people from all over the country come on to TTP to read our opinions and comment on them?

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whataboutbob,

Alberta league has been around since 1904 and the trophy was presented to alberta soccer association from the Scottish Football Association. My rants should have been more classy what i was meaning is that vmsl is too watered down needs to be a smaller league to get all the best players on each team

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I really don't know much if anything about the Alberta League,
but how watered down do you mean? The population base alone would lead one to believe that the VMSL would be larger than, for instance, the Calgary League.

Also keep in mind the FVSL RRSL BMSA also exist, which potentially draw players out of VMSL (not meaning premier, but it would have an effect)
You are probably right in that the top half percent of players, skill wise, are probably the same number. If they all play on one team (The Callies) how is/does that make the VMSL a weaker league, doesn't that reflect more on the dominance of one team from Alberta?

just my $0.02 founded on thoughts and ramblings, not fact, because I don't know the facts about Alberta League(s)

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0