Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

North Shore Coaches League 08-09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Heard that Coveside forfeited against Nordic. Supposedly there is some rumblings that this was a plan so that Nordic would stay out of the danger zone of potentially being dropped from Div 1. As I'm new to the league, I'm unsure if this is a normal practice to cancel the night before the game. Also are their any monetary fines for such late notice, ie: having to pay the ref fee's? I believe that NAFC tied Malones.

Wolfetone

May 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Heard that Coveside forfeited against Nordic. Supposedly there is some rumblings that this was a plan so that Nordic would stay out of the danger zone of potentially being dropped from Div 1. As I'm new to the league, I'm unsure if this is a normal practice to cancel the night before the game. Also are their any monetary fines for such late notice, ie: having to pay the ref fee's? I believe that NAFC tied Malones.

Conductor,
Wow! You must be a rocket scientist, really ignorant or just pain stupid. Which is it? ... scientist forming a hypothesis based on years of study... perhaps you should check out Nordic and Coveside's tumultous past .... or ignorant and believe everything you hear and dumb enough to repeat it? .... or really dumb, see last phrase.

Or perhaps you are just a conspiracy theorist and believe that if Coveside and Nordic were involved in some sort of collusion that both parties are as daft as you and the best plan they could come with is to forfeit.

But, okay, since you caught on to our brillant plan ... maybe, just maybe next time we will have to play them and let them score instead ... that would be way less obvious. (perhaps I should qualify this last statement as sarcasm .. in case you didn't get it and go shooting of your mouth)

What exactly do you conduct? Clearly it is not anything that requires a great deal of intelligence.

cside17

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry Sir M, conductor is way out to lunch, as usual!

Nordic thought they were going to be short players this week, approached us 10 days ago about changing the game to a Thursday night. Coveside agreed. League agreed to a postponement, due to the implications. Then on the Wed night before the game, they didn't want a change. Come Thurs night we did, due to unforseen circumstances. Would they agree to a change. Not. Tipical classy Nordic! Easy 3 for them! Thanks Ted!

Pretty sad for some teams, that may be stuck in 2nd div because Nordic got 3 easy points! But the issue may be revived at a league level, and the game ordered to be played.

Either way it will piss the conductor off, as we will probably still finish higher than them after our league split. Even after defaulting a game!

biggs

Oct 9, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
...............speaking for myself which will probably get me in trouble here, who the hell would rather take three points by default over playing for them? I would have to believe there's more to this than what you are relaying in your post.

Tee

Jul 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CSide,

Firstly,

We played against Vikings the week prior with 11 players (no subs) with two guys at 50% (Biggs being one of them still nursing a concussion), so don't give me bs that we could not field a team against you guys 10 days ago???????

I approached you and Flaim prior to the the Vikings-Nordic game about playing it on Thursday night so as not to play on the shitty gravel field (which I know other teams also played on so you were spot on in denying us that opportunity)...not the Coveside-Nordic game that we actually were very up for. We had 16 guys at practice on the Thursday prior to this past weekend ready to play.

It is not our intention to take free points, we will gladly play you guys in a make up game. Tipical classy Nordic! Easy 3 for them! Thanks Ted! ... so ease up on the slam.

I don't know where you got the word that we had no players, especially "10 days ago"???

Can you call me so it doesn't get ugly on here so we can sort this out.

Tee

Jul 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
On a side note, does your 12:34 am post involve wine or beer that may have altered your judgement?;)

whatapass

Oct 7, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Week Recap: It was an interesting Sunday to say the least with 5 penalty shots given in total and only 2 conversions, the whole Coveside v. Nordic default, some really questionable referring and then there was the Sir M’s Rankings.
Nordic picked up 3 points by default against Coveside after the teams spent a few days going back and forth about when and if the game was going to be played due to a shortage of players. While there are 3 sides to every story, the fact remains that Nordic picked up 3 points in a game that SHOULD have been played, regardless of the day. To make the whole situation worse, Nordic find themselves in Sir M’s Rankings in 20th spot, which (excuse my language) is complete bullshit for a team that is currently sitting in 5th spot. Hopeful the league will step in and make a final call down the road and have this game played. Vikings and LV Azteca had no problems finding the net on the weekend, scoring 4 and 6 goals respectfully. Great games Vikings & LV Azteca! As for the Warriors and Guardians (who by the way have always shown 100% class, every Sunday) the season will be more interesting and rewarding once they are playing only the bottom half teams. Seymour win a hard fought game 2-1 over a competitive Norvan side at Confed. Lots of running, with the game going back and forth. In my opinion Norvan should have won this game, or at least deserved a point. NAFC barely scraped together 11 guys for their game against the Malones, in a game that saw both teams walk away with a point. NAFC having let in only 7 goals all year let in 3 goals in one game, which is most uncharacteristic of them. NAFC remain the only unbeaten team in the league (although I predict this will come to an end against the Vikings next week) and find themselves in top spot with 18 points but amazingly find themselves out of Sir M’s Rankings, which (excuse my language) is once again complete bullshit.

Predictions for Week 9:

Roma 3-0
LV Azteca and Malones tie
Norvan and Nordic tie
Vikings 2-1
Coveside 4-0

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wolftone, glad to see that you finally made your 4th post on here!:eek:

Conductor,
Wow! You must be a rocket scientist, really ignorant or just pain stupid. Which is it? ... scientist forming a hypothesis based on years of study... perhaps you should check out Nordic and Coveside's tumultous past .... or ignorant and believe everything you hear and dumb enough to repeat it? .... or really dumb, see last phrase.

Last time I read this site was called TTP, just in case you are unsure what that acrynom means it is "TAKE THE PISS"!:D

As for Biggs,
...............speaking for myself which will probably get me in trouble here, who the hell would rather take three points by default over playing for them? I would have to believe there's more to this than what you are relaying in your post.

I totally agree with your post, about the points anyways. I would rather make up the game for sure. As for getting in trouble posting, it wouldn't surprise if you get ambushed!:p

Anyways by the sound of all this, it seems to me that there was either A) a big misunderstanding or B) a lack of communication between Cside17 and Tee, about this game.

Cside17, in all honesty we have exceeded our expectations in being able to stay up in first, so don't worry I'm not pissed off! Hey Coveside is a better team than us, they already proved it by beating us!:p

Either way it will piss the conductor off, as we will probably still finish higher than them after our league split. Even after defaulting a game!

biggs

Oct 9, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Conductor

No ambush

What was said between the two managers regarding the Nordic/Coveside game - who knows. For what it's worth - As long as the league rules are followed, personally I'd rather play them for the points than take a default win.

whatapass

Just sub any NSCL team in the lower Sir M rankings for that matter. Any team from 11-20 is nobody anyways and is just filling space. Make up your own rankings.

Wolfetone

May 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wolftone, glad to see that you finally made your 4th post on here!:eek:

Last time I read this site was called TTP, just in case you are unsure what that acrynom means it is "TAKE THE PISS"!:D:p

Conductor, thanks for the clarification. So what you mean is that I did not take the piss out of you. Maybe someone can explain my post to you. I will you smaller words next time, perhaps you will understand that I was slagging your accusations and irresponsible post.

Perhaps the acroynm TTP has been taking literally by you...I have visions of you pissing on your computer

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wolftone, not sure how my post was irresponsible, about stating what I read and heard?

Heard that Coveside forfeited against Nordic.

Besides turns out it was correct!

As for your visions, seems to me you are a bit of a freak! Not sure if I know any guy's thinking about other guy's pissing! Unless of course you swing that way?

I have visions of you pissing on your computer

Wolfetone

May 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wolftone, not sure how my post was irresponsible, about stating what I read and heard?

Besides turns out it was correct!

As for your visions, seems to me you are a bit of a freak! Not sure if I know any guy's thinking about other guy's pissing! Unless of course you swing that way?

A very strong agrument Conductor. If I was to sum up your thinking then perhaps your argument would be "Everything you read and hear is true". and therefore "I can make accusations about what I have read and heard because everything I hear and read is true"

Sooo... I have read and heard that you bitch alot...now gossip...post pics of a dog (your avatar) and therefore you must be a BITCH.

I like your argument... it leads to amazing and factual conclusions, perhaps you should be playing and bitching in a women's league.

I had no idea my literal translation of "Take the piss" would turn sexual for you. Most people do not find pissing to be sexually attractive.... I read and heard that somewhere so it must be true. But now that I know you are in to pissing and dogs, (cute avatar by the way..oh and by no means does that mean I find your dog sexually attractive .. its just a compliment .. perhaps you will recognize it as such and not try to attach some negative connotation that you have picked up somewhere or from some random source) I will try not to entice your deranged fantasy by stating the words 'dog' or 'piss'.

Oh..just to be clear .. yes Coveside did have to forfeit...that is true...what is not true is your alluding to the fact that the "mumblings" started by you that suggest collusion or that the forfeiting of games may be a standard within the NVCL to prevent other deserving teams of promotion.

And being new to the league you would think that maybe you would not want to suggest such things with out finding out if their is any truth to your B.S.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
mickster

Re: NSCL WINTER 08/09
« Reply #162 on Nov 16, 2008, 2:47am »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Can't believe Coveside had to forfeit. Best team in the league this year by far!! Admittedly I've only played against 3 of them but being such a smart, good looking guy, I know I'm right!!

Wolftone this was how I heard about the forfeit. There was also another post that has since been removed from someone being upset, thinking that it was rigged! Not sure why the post was removed?

I also agree with your post,
And being new to the league you would think that maybe you would not want to suggest such things with out finding out if their is any truth to your B.S.

The info has come out on here that their is a dislike for each other on the field between Coveside and Nordic. So it looks like this game will be made up at another time now. By the way it wasn't my b.s. Wolftone not sure what team you are with, but thanks again for almost doubling your post all in one day!:D

Team Starter

Oct 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard the same story as conductor, Whats the big deal wolf. Did you catch the steelers fiasco on the weekend. Give your head a shake..

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
NAFC remain the only unbeaten team in the league (although I predict this will come to an end against the Vikings next week) and find themselves in top spot with 18 points but amazingly find themselves out of Sir M’s Rankings, which (excuse my language) is once again complete bullshit.

Whatapass. I am sorry if we have done anything that has upset you. I get that you would like to have NAFC ranked higher, but last time I looked NAFC did not win against a team that staff were prognisticating should be a slam dunk for an aspiring ranked side this week. Plus, Sir M has recently personally watched your team play. So I have to stand by this ranking. Apologies if that is not in accordance with your views.

But, we here at Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings have a mandate to operate within the parameters of reality. Win one this weekend, and you may move up.

Having said this, we should all probably continue this type of discussion here:

http://www.takethepiss.com/forums/o...-ms-excellent-power-rankings-2008-2009-a.html

With all due respect, Sir M.

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh..just to be clear .. yes Coveside did have to forfeit...that is true...what is not true is your alluding to the fact that the "mumblings" started by you that suggest collusion or that the forfeiting of games may be a standard within the NVCL to prevent other deserving teams of promotion.

I'd have to agree with Wolfetone on this one. Nobody likes innuendo.

Then again, better innuendo then inmyendo.

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whatapass. I am sorry if we have done anything that has upset you. I get that you would like to have NAFC ranked higher, but last time I looked NAFC did not win against a team that staff were prognisticating should be a slam dunk for an aspiring ranked side this week. Plus, Sir M has recently personally watched your team play. So I have to stand by this ranking. Apologies if that is not in accordance with your views.

With all due respect, Sir M.

Sir M...when did you first realize just how big your excellent rankings had become?

Did you ever imagine your excellent rankings being followed as closely and scrutinized so scrutinizingly as they currently are?

I fear that you and your staff will have to hire personal security.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dial:

There already is Security in place. Sir M hired the daemonspawn to watch his car (he found them outside the carwash throwing SCK's Christmas lights at the cars of Columbus players) and so far they've kept Mr. Base completely away from the SMEPR-related fora.

Seriously.

Trece

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0