Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

North Shore Coaches Soccer League 2003/04

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Sunday Peg vs Malones

biggs said:
Who may I ask is Brad baker?
Biggs,

I thought you were referring to the legendary former Peg summer league keeper now Peg A manager with the five inch vertical leap, who has by all accounts the largest head in the western hemisphere (except for Pipes maybe at a 0915 Sunday start after a night of guzzling homemade red in his wife beater)...

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rainy Weekend...

It looks like our tournament will get rained out again this weekend on the soggy N.Shore (note this is just my prediction, check league tape this aft for final decision). For any one that is interested, if Peg A's game @ Hastings Bowl is rained out tomorrow, they are scheduled to play (probably much to their chagrin) on Griffin at 1800 hrs Sat for anyone that wants to see a rare artificial turf appearance of (sort of) N.Van's only Premier team...

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
For any one that is interested said:
Sorry, wrong info, if their Sunday (1400 hrs) Imperial cup semi at Hastings Bowl is rained out, it looks like it will be Sunday, not Saturday @ 1800 @ probably Griffin (or maybe Confederation)...Vs Sporting (not Coveside)...

cside17

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M said:
For any one that is interested said:
Sorry, wrong info, if their Sunday (1400 hrs) Imperial cup semi at Hastings Bowl is rained out, it looks like it will be Sunday, not Saturday @ 1800 @ probably Griffin (or maybe Confederation)...Vs Sporting (not Coveside)...

It's official, tournament is cancelled! Grass parks closed!

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
QUOTE]
Sorry, wrong info, if their Sunday (1400 hrs) Imperial cup semi at Hastings Bowl is rained out, it looks like it will be Sunday, not Saturday @ 1800 @ probably Griffin (or maybe Confederation)...Vs Sporting (not Coveside)...[/QUOTE]
For those interested, the latest is that the Peg A game is going ahead as scheduled at 1400 hrs Sunday at Hastings Bowl South, "user discretion" (gulp)...
If we can't play this weekend at least we can watch those that can...

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cursed.....

Another Lyndsay Gordon scrubbed due to the weather. Due to an unfortunate misunderstanding between ourselves,( mostly me ) and the field schedulers (whom I hold completely blameless.... I'll spell that out for the college educated out there...B-L-A-M-E-L-E-S-S..) the turf park that we ( I ) thought we had in reserve was infact not available to us this week-end, you have to book either grass or turf. The way our luck works, if we had booked the turf for this week-end, it would have been the biggest heatwave for March anyone has ever seen! If it is the managers decision next year, we will book on the turf, and damn the torpedos. On a side note, if anyone out there wishes to complain about the way the league is run, the choices that are made, that is your right as members of this league. If you feel the executive is doing a poor job, then get your manager to get a motion for a vote of non-confidence at the next managers meeting, and if it passes, we are out.I take exception, however to anonamous pseudo-threats on the league tape questioning Csides, Johnnos or my integrity as to what we said and did not say. We passed along information that we believed was correct. What motivation do we have for not telling the truth, as has been claimed? Be a man and stand up and be recognised...you got something to say and you choose to do it on the league tape, then put your name to it, or are you one of those that start a fight then stand around and watch others fight it?

lupoman

lupomantotallypissedoffwithwithcertainplayersofthenscl :mad:

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cup Final

Big cup final match between Norvan v. Pegs this weekend at Mahon Turf at 11:00am. Norvan will be trying to avenge their two losses to Pegs in the league this year .......... including the 6-0 thumping we put on them about a month back. Apparently Norvan thinks we got a few lucky bounces and stole the points. Last time I looked, 6-0 was a thumping and not considered a close game unless you play in the NFL.

Still having an issue with finishing 2nd when we only had one loss all year. Oh yeah, there was the first three ties of the season and also a huge loss of points to the Trailer Park Boys of Blewridge, who were led by Wayne 'Bubbles' Markland.

B Cup final is played before us with Nordic v. Coveside at 9:00am and then the A Cup final at 11:00am. Hopefully this match will be a good stepping stone for our run in the BC's, which starts on April 17th. Also should be a good stepping stone to a great day for Pegs as we will be cruising down to Kinsmen for the Imperial Cup Final at 1:30pm.

Good chance that the Peg club could be securing a couple pieces of hardware for the trophy case on Sunday. :knvb: :knvb: :knvb:

Jags

biggs

Oct 9, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Cup Final

JAGS said:
Big cup final match between Norvan v. Pegs this weekend at Mahon Turf at 11:00am. Norvan will be trying to avenge their two losses to Pegs in the league this year .......... including the 6-0 thumping we put on them about a month back. Apparently Norvan thinks we got a few lucky bounces and stole the points. Last time I looked, 6-0 was a thumping and not considered a close game unless you play in the NFL.

Still having an issue with finishing 2nd when we only had one loss all year. Oh yeah, there was the first three ties of the season and also a huge loss of points to the Trailer Park Boys of Blewridge, who were led by Wayne 'Bubbles' Markland.

B Cup final is played before us with Nordic v. Coveside at 9:00am and then the A Cup final at 11:00am. Hopefully this match will be a good stepping stone for our run in the BC's, which starts on April 17th. Also should be a good stepping stone to a great day for Pegs as we will be cruising down to Kinsmen for the Imperial Cup Final at 1:30pm.

Good chance that the Peg club could be securing a couple pieces of hardware for the trophy case on Sunday. :knvb: :knvb: :knvb:

Jags

Go Norvan :rolleyes:

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Biggs,

Great Post. :confused: :confused:

Bet it took you hours and a number of drafts (not beer) before you tidied it up and hit the 'submit reply' button. :D

JAGS

biggs

Oct 9, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Peg vs Norvan

Jags

It was difficult - Go Norvan - Go Peg

After a couple of hours with no decision I flipped a bottle cap and the answer was lying there before me. :eek:

dickens_cider

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Peg vs Norvan

biggs said:
Jags

It was difficult - Go Norvan - Go Peg

After a couple of hours with no decision I flipped a bottle cap and the answer was lying there before me. :eek:

Go- Peg ( didn't have to flip the coin) :bronco:

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Biggs,

You might want to have a look again at what was being flipped. I don't think that you were looking at a bottle cap, but actually it was the lid off your glue bottle. :D

JAGS

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sunday Cup Predictions:

B Cup Final; Coveside versus Nordic

Coveside was very impressive in their (I think it was 5-0...am I correct Cside?) semifinal victory over Blewridge, who recently battled to a defensive 6-6 impasse with Nordic. Nordic appear to be a disillusioned side this year and to be rounding out the year, although Tee could take this game on his shoulders if he plays. If Coveside fields a similar lineup to the one that took the field in the semi (ie the Eamonn Ward instead of hospital ward side they fielded against Norvan...thanks alot) they will prevail.
Prediction 4-3 Coveside

A Cup Final; Norvan versus Pegasus

Did not see the Norvan 4-2 semifinal against Freybe, but that was a good result for the yellow and blue. I understand Eddie Van Halen is back in the lineup this week, but Deas is done for the year. The holders are coming off a somewhat lacklustre 2-1 semi-final win against provincial qualifiers Malones, and, despite what Biggs at al thinks, it was not as close a game as the score indicated. Pegs' depth will be tested as they will be missing their regular goaltender Maros who is off spiking trees on the Island this weekend, and Higgsy is...well who knows if he will be there. Both the Easton brothers are not available for selection...Alan has advised he is not fit and Jim is defending his thesis on (I am serious) soccer hooliganism (the board did not go for the suggestion that he just submit a video of Davey and Chico on the sidelines of the Imperial Cup final). Good news is Jua and Pens are reunited up front for the first time since the last defeat of Norvan, and that is bad news for the Norvan backline, who are prone to resorting to a chinese firedrill like defending strategy when ran at by the gold dust twins. They do have leading scorer (and too young for the BCs) DV up front, but me thinks they will have to get at least three or four to beat us.

Oh yes. That Imperial Cup thing, 1-0 Peg A. We'll be yelling for the home side.

Should be a fun day on Jones Ave.

cside17

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well should be a great weekend at Confederation & Kinsmen

Coveside will be missing some Wards, Eamonn will be very drunk at a wedding in Belfast, brother #1 Kevin, is hobbled with a wonky Knee(what's new), brother #2, well he took a job in Taipei with China Airlines(there go my free flights to Ireland,but I can go to Hong Kong for $80) and has went into party mode as he leaves soon. So who knows if he will show sober? Hopefully we will have numbers,but you never know with this lot.

Looking forward to Peg vs Norvan game, some pride and bragging rights on the line here!

Was planning to goto Kinsmen for Imperial Final, but my son's U-12 select team decided to call a parent's meeting for 2:30pm Sunday, some people are so stupid! Trying to talk the wife in to going to the meeting. Suggesting it wouldn't be wise for me togo after 10 pops, when we beat Nordic :eek:

Hi Tee :D

Good Luck to all this weekend.

Oh, I can't forget the Lynn Valley vs Rams make up game on Sunday, actually yes I can!! :)

biggs

Oct 9, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M

Last game vs Peg. Peg had maybe 4 shots on goal - one being a PK. Our fill in Keeper had little to do all game but stand around - Your Keep saved your skin by stopping 3 breakaways and numerous other chances.

Give your head a shake

Tee

Jul 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good luck to the final 4 (A and B finals).

Cside, I am out 6 - 8 with severely torn ankle ligaments thanks to the hairy green concrete at Griffin. It should be a good game and I will be pinting earlier than ever before on a Sunday morning.

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hello

Just wanted to come over and say "hi" to the older Bastards on in the NSCL...looking forward to playing some Provincial Games against the best of you lot....Cside17 et al...if the draw has us playing against the likes of peg....uh....peg....uh....peg :D :D okay, okay, I'm not that edumacated bout the teams on the North Shore... :bronco: :p how do you get up to dem mountains anyways???? :confused: Dey play soccer up dere???

One thing you can bet on is if you match up against any of the FVSL masters we'll finish our cooler then get to work on what's left in yours.....Interac... :D

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M

Last game vs Peg. Peg had maybe 4 shots on goal - one being a PK. Our fill in Keeper had little to do all game but stand around - Your Keep saved your skin by stopping 3 breakaways and numerous other chances.

Give your head a shake

Biggs,

Come on out on Sunday and watch the final. You can work on your shot counting.

PS, some more math for you: Over the last two years head to head in 7 matches with Malones, Peg has won 7 and lost 0 and you guys have given up 24 goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0